sd girls vs red bank girls november 20

sdfan1234

Is this serious??? Are you guys adults? Because I am not, and I am laughing out loud at how immature this argument is. I guess it's a Bradley-Cleveland thing. You guys keep tearing each other down. We might not have the state championships that the East has, but everyone out West is working to make the sport better, not just their own school.

Edited by best_of_the_west

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Kidding!!! Grow up!! Oh yea, if you guys really want to get your frustrations out go buy your local high school wrestling room and pick out the best guy they have and go with him for a while and see how you feel (Gibson, LAne, ect). That should get you guys settled down a little.

I thought my post thru a lot more than you guys did. The mats are there, and surely there is some volunteer who would be glad to coach a fledgeling girls program. It seems that would be better than having them mixing it up with the boys.

And texas, you don't know what kind of decisions your kids will make on ballet or wrestling until THEY make them, not you.

As far as girls wrestling with the boys, I've heard it said by several individuals that girls don't wrestle in their programs.

I'll step down off the soap box now, with one more comment. As small as the numbers are of kids that wrestle, how can you turn anyone away that wants to get on the mat?

And I thought Xanderzone was Mad Jack?

Edited by babybearmom

Yea I read the post. Xander can be controversial at times. It wasn't that I was offended or anything. I just have always had the opinion that if all the programs helped each other and got along a little better, the competition in the state would get better and the rivalries would be friendlier. We are trying to do that out West, because we know that it is the only way to catch up with the programs out East, seeing that we do not have the history and numbers with our programs. I think the feuds between the coaches and fans only hurt the kids opportunities to learn from each other and get better. Now that everyone has a tear in their eye, I will sign off. Hope to see you guys at Kenwood.

Just wanted to add an FYI - The Thanksgiving Parkview Tournament at Parkview High School in Lilburn, Ga will have girls brackets available.

Friday 11/28 will be for high school ages and have varsity and JV brackets. Saturday will be for girls ages 4 - 14.

Information for this and all Georgia tournaments can be found at:

http://www.teamgeorgiawrestling.com

First off I apologize for the few that think that I'm immature in posting in the way that I do.

Secondly, texas23 your remark that the rumors of the "snowballing" were not rumors they were facts. Secondly, you said that you wrestled for Cleveland? When was this?

Also, I was merely supporting the cause for female wrestling.

Edited by Xander Zone

If possible I would like for the Soddy & Red Bank Tournament to be open to girls from all teams. It is to make money? yes? and to promote wrestling? Open this up

to all the girls and add team points up at the end. True not many people at this time could field a full girls team but this could be the the state wide promotion

for the girls. Isnt Brands at UTC the womens director for USA in Tennessee and I

do know that Darrell Laughterdale(may be misspelled) at Seymore is the AAU

Director for Tennessee. Seymore had a state wide womens tournament last year

and had women from all across America. I know my daughter won several highschool matches last year and at the womans tourament she didn't score a point.

Wrestlers are Wrestlers

Just a suggestion.

Michael Morelan