class 2A state finals

RamTrain1987

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've see a lot of people not liking Milan very much. However, I have been in the highschool football "arena" much longer than any of you other lot have been alive. I have been involved in coaching for over 40 years. I know my "stuff". I know a championship callibur team when I see one. I've coached a few of them myself. And in my professional opinion, Milan has the best to offer from west tennesse, and in the state. Milan is in the situation where, when you see them before the game, or in practice, you can see it in their eyes. You can see the Hunger and the desire. Milan is extremly physical, and extremly talanted in both the running and passing game. And they are extremly physical on defense. Yes they have a tough road ahead, but that would be a good challenge for the Finials. Don't count them out yet. And don't count them to go down and out so easily. Their coaches have playoff and championship experince. They players have tough game experince. I predict the Finals will be Milan againts either Lipscomb/Tyner. Win or lose, (I say win) the score won't be more than a 7 pt difference.

I am going out on a limb and saying that Huntingdon upsets Milan in the semis if both make it there.

Huntingdon-31 (on a game winning feild goal)

Milan-28

Thats a frail limb to be going out on. Huntingdon is a very good team but Milan will not be stopped this year. They have too much intensity. Good luck to both teams.

I think everyone is overlooking huntingdon right now. A rematch between Huntingdon and Milan would be awesome, they just have to play tonight to get there. In the second game if it happens I'll take Huntingdon. They lived inside Milans 30 all third quarter the first time and yes, I think they are much, much, improved since then. After reading the paper this morning, Bobby Sharpe does to. My 2A finals pick...... Huntingdon vs. Lipscomb. Mustangs get first state championship. They're running game is just to tough right now.

If Milan can get past the speed of Carver, then I like our chances of going to the boro'. Huntingdon, you have an excellent team but we match up well with you. You will have to throw the ball 10-15 times to make it past the semi's because the good teams will put 8 in the box and shut your running game down.

you'll never see huntingdon throw it that much with the speed they have in the backfield in their double wing set.