division II

heartbreakkid

Bucklateral: don't know much about Baylor. I do know two exceptional freshmen will join the ranks: Ben Johnson and Reed Doster are extraordinary.

Cross Doster finished third in the state last year as a junior at 140: this year he'll be even better. He's strong as an ox.

I heard Doug Vaughn is going to wrestle this year. He sat out last year. He's a beast.

Baylor will be even stronger this year than last. Much.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jtx---------thanks for the response. I've seen both Doster and Vaughn wrestle on the FCI circuit----------Doster the past two seasons and Vaughn two years ago. You are right about both of those two. What about the Waddell ( Dan, I think) kid that wrestled for the Chattanooga FCI team this past spring? He looked pretty tough too and I thought he was an 8th grader last year. I see where Leen has just been ranked No. 22 by Wrestling USA magazine (as of 11-8-03) for all classes ( soph, jr, sr). I know there is a Manson back and the Geismer kid. If they have some upper weights, could they be the "darkhorse' that gets overlooked in DII while everybody argues about Ryan and McCallie?

Buck: What a good case you make! Darkhorse indeed. I hadn't thought of it quite like that. We haven't even talked about Timothy Moore and the hwt. Isn't it Hufstetler?

Maybe we should shush...let 'em find out on their own.

Best wishes for a great institution! See ya'll January 30th, 2004.