Long-snappers

hsfball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Houston County has two player than run a sub 4.0 forty.  One is #28 Justin Harris, a 5-10 200 lb. senior who starts both ways for the Irish at WR & DB.  The other is #44 Tray Mitchell, a 5-10 145 lb. senior who aslo starts both ways at SE & SS.

462632[/snapback]

SUB 4.0 40! these guys should have ran in the olympics last month. With those times they would have won everything. 3.8 40 translates into a 9.5 (give or take) 100

SUB 4.0 40!  these guys should have ran in the olympics last month.  With those times they would have won everything.  3.8 40 translates into a 9.5 (give or take) 100

825368660[/snapback]

But even these guys didn't have the balance, focus, determination, and elbows of the famed Mr. Rankenship. Rumors are flying around about this kid. Last I heard, he turned down offers from USC and LSU. He said he was going to go try to start his own DIII team or some nonsense like that. Wonder how that worked out for him. I know this thread will probably turn to current longsnappers with less talent than Rankenship, but he will never be forgotten by those of us who saw him in action. Anyone with info on this legend, please let us know, either on here or on the "Where are they now?" boards. Thanks. The longsnapping community of high school football is missing it's greatest member ever. Godspeed, Rankenship.

I will also say that longsnapping is one of the most difficult positions to master. I am the longsnapper for Greenbrier and have been doing it since i was 10 years old in Jr. Pro. Hopefully me being 6'3'' 220 lbs. running a 4.9 40 can walk on or be recruited by someone that needs a longsnapper. I know you can recieve full rides to major colleges just for longsnapping.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...