hertitage and billy blount

captain

so has anyone heard any names of who might be getting the jobs at heritage and william blount?

Not yet QB#7. I've got to think that some of the same people that were interested in the WB job just a few monthes ago will be interested again.

What do you think needs to happen? I mean, you've been there ... I trust your maturity. Us adults do a lot of talking ... but what do the players think?

Suuuzzeee,

No offense taken ... I'm just not sure what the correct avenue is to get on to begin to fight this battle. Advise me, wise one.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boyz!

Gov Man...I don't know...I am just trying to get Phillip to get over Erica on "All my Children!"

I guess we could go down to the Broadway barbershop and let them help us solve our problems.

The system now is old and outdated...we need to jump to the fore front and be leaders not followers!

We have a regressive tax structure that impedes funding not only for schools but for my buddies in law enforcement as well!

The county commission, school board, and school administrators need to make a change! I like you don't care to pay more in property taxes...especially since I rent...tee hee...however, if that money goes to the good of the public...then I could stand an increase.

It is just frustrating. Frustrating to see kids like Brian Yates, Richard Eggers, Craig Wojo, Ryan Grubb, and others have to suffer because of policies that were incorporated in the 1960's.

Andy Nick and that group of juniors will have 4 coaches in 4 years! As one bald Alcoa baseball coach would say....PITIFUL!!!!

I know one thing is true...I have seen Chuck Prugh and Ryan Headrick out in the community which proves prayers are answered...I think this issue needs to go to the top of the prayer list!

Maybe these kids are laying a foundation for the future!

Love you boyz!

:P

Edited by susie

School board & county commissioners are simply politicians. They'll keep the masses happy, & the masses are not crying for winners. Yeah, they would be nice, bit hiring a winner costs money no one seems to have or can find. You think Walland, Porter, & Everett would have settled for this mess year in & out? I for one do not. They'd sell the shirt off their backs for their children to play for a winner. But when they get to the big school, they just want their kids to get through.

Consolidation of schools in Blount County was the single biggest detriment to to athletic success of the kids in that county. And why consoldiate, it was cheaper to have 2 big schools than several smaller ones to upkeep.

While I just hope the academics are not in as poor condition as the athletic programs, I'm afraid they are simpy a mirror of what is going on in the classroom. In my lifetime, Blount Countians have been far more interested in stopping a road or liquor & beer sales than they have been in athletics.

That being said, I was fortunate to have had some success in this system. Played on 3 playoff teams & had really good peope for coaches who I have admired to this day. Seeing Jim Nelson's name on a list stirs up passions I have not had in some time. I can still remember that stick up beside my helmet at Eagleton. The man could have made me run through a wall. I hope they can find someone to stir up those feelings in a community & not just in the kids. I firmly beleive there is nothing you can do in Blount County that will bring in more money to the schools than put a winner on the field. I'm quite certain that a good hire would pay dividends for years to come.

Hey boyz!

You said it TN boy...I am ready to lead that band!

We can march up to the board room as well as the court house!

I will even wear a short skirt if you want me to!

I believe it was I who said...the results of Jeff Co. vs. William Blount don't matter! Both teams will be watching next Friday!

It is a shame but Oak Ridge pays well and demands athletic and academic excellence! You see what they get!

They may lose next week, but they also have the possibility of winning it all! Blount County's school board could take some notes and learn a lot!

Love you boyz!

:unsure:

I understand the logic behind "increased pay" and "greater coaching supplements" but ...

I wonder if we look hard enough, if there's not a great coach out there to fit our program that is driven and motivated by more than just, "How much does it pay?"

I hold two degrees, have experience in several different fields, yet I've chosen a profession that I know will never pay me the same level as a lot of my contemporaries. It's not always just about the money, believe it or not.

I'm not saying that coaches don't deserve to be compensated in an appropriate and equitable manner, based on the time they put in. And if I had to guess, I'd bet that our Blount County supplements are below average (but I don't know that for sure.) If that is the case, then all our coaches need to be compensated on a higher level ... not just football coaches.

But people ... you don't go to school and study to become a high school teacher and coach based on the money it pays. Sure, you might tend to gravitate toward systems that pay the greatest, but lets face it ... you're not going to get rich from a monetary perspective. You get rich from investing your life in young people's lives. You get rich from teaching life lessons and watching kids grow and mature. You get rich by teaching what "team" is really all about and by teaching young people that there is far more to life than just sports.

The coach I'd like to see at William Blount would not be motivated and lured there only by money. He'd see great potential. He'd see a lot of kids to work with. He'd see middle school programs in place that are starting to do what they are supposed to. He see good, if not spectacular, facilities. He's see an AD that is very supportive. He'd see a good, strong nucleus of young players returning next year and years to come.

The question then becomes, is our school board--and the other powers that be--willing to see that we might have to change some things to get such a coach? Money driven no ... but we need to make sure we're on par with other schools when it comes to supplements. If we expect someone to give us a good, strong, long-term committment, then we must be willing to offer the same ... whatever it takes to make that happen.

Consider yourself preached too. Sleep in Sunday morning, you've already had your sermon this week!!!

Edited by GovMan