Maryville vs. Chatt. Central

mrebel171113

WHAT!?!?...NOT CHEERING!?!? I agree in the begining most didn't cheer but the "Little Lady" and myself were both hoarse and couldn't communicate with each other (save signing) afterwards. we both yell for the young "Black Swarm IV" everyplay! (and have so since the '98 season). The crowd got into it after the half time show.

Nice job MHS.

It was a good game save the frustration cheap shot in the back to Chris Winkle on the last play of the game, that puts him out. That's what, 8 men out now?

Go Red Rebels!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pounderpop. MHS, great game fri. nite. Want you to know I think it was an honor for our team to play a program with such great tradition & a great community behind it. What you have achieved is what our coaches & players are striving for. Ya'll are a great example. I think the difference in the game was the 4th down situations for both teams. The rebels made their's count to the tune of 13 pts. & we just missed ours when we needed it. But I think the reb D had something to do with that. I'm pulling for you the rest of the way as I truly think you have the most integrity of any team I have seen since I've followed HS football

Also, I wish Tyner's posters would finally put it to rest. They get on here & bad-mouth Chatt. Cent. constantly. There have been some overconfident pounder FANS who need to chill sometime, but I know one thing, Central's players had, before the game with Tyner & after the game, tremendous respect for the Ram players & coaches. Tyner & Maryville this year are the best teams that Central has faced in the 3 yrs. I have followed the pounders & I hope Tyner wins state, But the tyner posters I see on here could learn some class from the MHS fans I see here.

First of all to the Pounder Parent. Thanks for your post and kind words. Chattagooga Central has a well coached talented team. I had no idea that you guys had a 225 pound running back. He was outstanding. I understand you guys went 0-10 a couple of years ago. You have a good coach and those days are over. Even though you lost you made some real noise in the playoffs this year and I know you will continue to improve and go further.

Regarding the lack of touches Tyler Gaskin is getting I agree. And I will take it a step further. For some reason we are not throwing the ball much at all. The other night we had like 36 running plays and 9 passing plays for under sixty yards. That is not the same balance we usually have. I am not second guessing our coaching staff. Only an idiot would do that but I do wonder what is up with the lack of passing. I think Cade Thompson has had some shoulder problems this season but Rouse has not thrown much either.

Huge game this week with Central. They are a very good football team and it will be very difficult to beat them twice in one year. Its an old saying but the team who makes the fewest mistakes will likely be the winner. My continued best wishes to Coach Helton and the rest of the team, especially Zach. I know this is a rough time they are going through and he remains in my prayers.

I'm pulling for you the rest of the way as I truly think you have the most integrity of any team I have seen since I've followed HS football

Tyner & Maryville this year are the best teams that Central has faced in the 3 yrs. I have followed the pounders & I hope Tyner wins state, But the tyner posters I see on here could learn some class from the MHS fans I see here.

Thanks for the compliments purplepounderfootball.

What a lot of people don't realize is when Ted Wilson coached at Maryville he would rather Maryville to be known as a classy program than being a powerhouse program .Don Story,John Olive were the same way. George Quarles is that way now.

I like it when Chris McCord,Tyler Gaskin and other Rebel players score touchdowns. I like it better when they flip the ball to the Ref and celebrate with their teamates. There is no dancing in the End Zone,Taunting,Showboating and them taking their helmet off and wanting everyone to see them.

I guarantee you one thing.If Maryville does lose to Central this friday, Me and other Rebel fans will congratulate them. There will be no excuses.

MHS I don't care what you think that we won't beat Hillsboro or whoever. Yea, maybe We have slacked alittl, but I have news for you, we are still in the playoffs. You don't worry, we will be ready next week to play some football. So if you are truly a rebel fan, please quit bad mouthing Maryville and give us credit for what we did do right. I know we are alittle banged up and we didn't seem to be up for the game. I got to agree, Chatt. Central is a heck of a team, but we will over come the injuries and believe me we will stop the run. Our coaches are to smart and we have to many good athletes to not beable to stop the run. Yea so what Hillsboro is good, Just like they were last year and guess what happen. Thats right be beat them. We will be ready to play and will overcome the injuries you can count on the that. It makes me mad when people don't stick up for the their team and make excusses. :rolleyes:

MHS I don't care what you think that we won't beat Hillsboro or whoever. Yea, maybe We have slacked alittl, but I have news for you, we are still in the playoffs. You don't worry, we will be ready next week to play some football. So if you are truly a rebel fan, please quit bad mouthing Maryville and give us credit for what we did do right. I know we are alittle banged up and we didn't seem to be up for the game. I got to agree, Chatt. Central is a heck of a team, but we will over come the injuries and believe me we will stop the run. Our coaches are to smart and we have to many good athletes to not beable to stop the run. Yea so what Hillsboro is good, Just like they were last year and guess what happen. Thats right be beat them. We will be ready to play and will overcome the injuries you can count on the that. It makes me mad when people don't stick up for the their team and make excusses. :rolleyes:

I don't remeber saying we would not beat Hillsboro. I am concerned about Central right now. And you will never hear me bad mouthing Maryville. I did not check but I am sure that one of my posts said that regardless of what happens from here on out that what they have accomplished is beyond outstanding. These posts are just people sharing thoughts, opinions and that type of thing. I have been as true a Maryville fan as there is for close to 40 years son. I made excuses? For a win? Don't be so over sensitive. Just because everyone does not say that we are unbeatable does not mean they are bad mouthing and does not stick up for their team. I would bet we would have a better chance of playing Melrose. They have six DI college caliber players on their team and one has committed to UT already. Your over reaction to my post (which ever one it was) is the type of thing Maryville fans are constantly getting bashed for on this board. Chill out! And quit trying to give someone old enough to be your father advice.

what is up with this first everybody from chatt central is sayin they are goin to kill maryville but not they are a suckin up to the what is with that

hey, if you can, you may be right, but would you quote and post where one of our fans said that we would KILL maryville, please...thanks.

all i recall is saying that it wouldnt be a blow out either way and saying that chatt. central has enough weapons to beat maryville. no disrespect just confidence in our team....alot like you have for your rams.

My apology MHS. I was talking to MaryvilleRebels. I got out of hand cause im tired of hearing people say we can't win and I got your name mixed up. Sorry for the trouble.

If you are in the class of 06 you have one of my daughters in your class. I probably should be apologizing to you. LOL

Mapperman......I wish I had been sitting near you and your wife. Where I was, trust me...it was quiet. I even felt a little uncomfortable standing up and cheering because almost everyone around me was sitting on their hands and I stood out like a sort thumb (of course, I stood up and hollered anyway). But like I said, by the 4th Qtr, the crowd perked up and became a factor.

I'm not in any way knockin the Rebel fans, they are some of the most faithful and rabid fans that there is in hs football. But I am trying to psyche everyone up to be prepared to be LOUDER this Friday. And, although I know it's not possible, I still like my idea of letting the students sit in the middle of the stadium behind the team for this game.