Morristown West v. Greeneville

randy3116

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The home team is the higher seeded team in the first two rounds, but in third and fourth round it alternates between the top team in the bracket or the bottom team in the bracket. All week long, until tonight, the (H) designation was on the upper side of the bracket for all teams in 4A, meaning the game would be played at Greeneville. But on TSSAA website as of 12:00 AM, MW is designated as the home team. The odd thing is all other top-side-of-the-bracket teams are listed as (H) except that particular matchup.

The following is a direct quote from TSSAA webpage: In all Division I play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

But their html bracket does not indicate that. Pretty sure the game is at Greeneville however.

When teams from the same region play in the playoffs, the higher seeded team has always been the host school once you get past the first round. A Fulton fan or two was thinking they'd get A-E at Fulton next week, but they won't. Same thing applies here.

The game is at Burke-Toney Stadium, not Burley (or Burleigh) Stadium.

Edited by KevB1990

The home team is the higher seeded team in the first two rounds, but in third and fourth round it alternates between the top team in the bracket or the bottom team in the bracket. All week long, until tonight, the (H) designation was on the upper side of the bracket for all teams in 4A, meaning the game would be played at Greeneville. But on TSSAA website as of 12:00 AM, MW is designated as the home team. The odd thing is all other top-side-of-the-bracket teams are listed as (H) except that particular matchup.

The following is a direct quote from TSSAA webpage: In all Division I play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

But their html bracket does not indicate that. Pretty sure the game is at Greeneville however.

Our understanding is that we(WEST) play at home up until state if we make it that far because if we play Maryville or Central our division is due the home field this year.

Kevin,

Not trying to start anything with you. Just trying to clarify. The TSSAA website says "In all Division I play-off games . . .In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team." I guess the answer lies in the definition of "top team." I read that to mean the team on the top side of the bracket. But it might mean the top seeded team.

Would like to know the answer. I know that the (H) designation was on the top side of the bracket earlier, but is next to Morristown West's name now. Kinda an important team for those teams to know next Friday night, isn't it. :D

Browsing through all the brackets on TSSAA website shows that the top side of the bracket team is the home team EXCEPT when the bottom side team is a higher seed. Seems to confirm what you heard at the game. Have never really looked at it like that before. Gonna be a big surprise to one of the teams, since they both think they have the home game (haha).

thisismyname,

You are correct in the alternating even and odd years and Greeneville would be the host school if they were playing Tennessee High.

But...read the second paragraph closely...

4A Playoff Bracket

Notice the "However" line at the end of the paragraph.

It's alright. I know you're not starting anything. You just needed clarification.

Edited by KevB1990