Morristown West v. Greeneville

randy3116

Far from a West High Cheerleader.......a West High graduate though. But I'll forgive your ignorance.......I just happened to see how the Jeff Co. players and fans handled themselves at this year's football game. My husband went to Jeff Co. and I have alot of friends that went to Jeff Co. but the way they handled themselves this year was unexceptable. And I've heard from other teams that played them who said the same thing about Jeff Co. so I'm just saying that maybe they got what they deserved and maybe if they had've realized there was more than 2 players on the team....they would still be in the playoffs :lol:

I appologize for the assumption. The West/Jeff "class" situation has been discussed in many a thread. I wont turn this thread into another one of those. I could just say September 12th and ask who won but that wouldnt get us anywhere because you would come back with the playoff thing so Ill drop it. FYI we had three players on the team. :lol:

Princess, my mom graduated from West. That was a great insult, mama jokes are always HILARIOUS!

Back to the West/GVille game. Like I said in the regular season game thread of this same name GVille never beat West when they had big time players like Gabe Story so what makes them think they will beat the Abercrombie Curtain of the Motown West defense.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of talk has been about greenway coming back and helping the green devils to get a victory or even points on the board,(no disrespect), but west's defense is to good, last year we had some weaknesses, but check out the stats this year, the only time anybody has scored on us except for really good teams has been on our two defense,(no disrespect either), the only thing that is going to stop the trojan defense is if they can't come together as a unit in big games. The offense on the other hand has done what it needs to, to get by, we may not beat teams 870 to 1, but we put enough on the boards to win, and the defense keeps the oposition from putting on more then our offense. That is how football games are won, if we wanted to run up the score like melrose or hillisboro than we would keep our starters in, but all we want is a win, not to make the other team fill like crap.

P.S.:(people who know this will know who i am) "Dude, are you serious?"

Lawyor,

I have observed your comments from afar. I've learned one thing, you need to re-establish your thoughts. Morristown West will ALWAYS go deeper than Jefferson County. Just admit it. Football is all about the playoffs, that is the only stat that matters. With Don D. Woods at the helm, the mighty Trojans will continue to roll. Jefferson County had a nice season. Good Job! Hopefully all those Patriots will come to Burke-Toney and watch some real football. Yes, they defeated West...it's about time. Meadows and his crew needs to observe his playoff game-plan. It's the second season, you gotta change things up. Look at Don D. Woods of West. During the regular season, Bradley James got most of the load. Now, look at the playoffs; Charles Rucker and Daris Ewing are getting the carries. Game film can't stop the Trojans, it can't even contain them.

Holla at your boy.

Da Westsiderz

Lawyor,

I have observed your comments from afar. I've learned one thing, you need to re-establish your thoughts. Morristown West will ALWAYS go deeper than Jefferson County. Just admit it. Football is all about the playoffs, that is the only stat that matters. With Don D. Woods at the helm, the mighty Trojans will continue to roll. Jefferson County had a nice season. Good Job! Hopefully all those Patriots will come to Burke-Toney and watch some real football. Yes, they defeated West...it's about time. Meadows and his crew needs to observe his playoff game-plan. It's the second season, you gotta change things up. Look at Don D. Woods of West. During the regular season, Bradley James got most of the load. Now, look at the playoffs; Charles Rucker and Daris Ewing are getting the carries. Game film can't stop the Trojans, it can't even contain them.

Holla at your boy.

Da Westsiderz

I never said anything to disagree with you. We are not blessed like you guys we only have 2 all conference backs, we cant afford to switch to someone else during the playoffs. I see some things wrong with the things you are spitting, so take a walk with me and get a second opinion.

Now before I start let me say this, I know this is apples(4A) and oranges(5A) kinda but you gotta see what Im sayin. Would all the West people on this board say that they were an equal if not BETTER team than Jeff CO? Ok then. Lets take a look at playoff opposition. Sullivan South, Tennessee High, and now Greeneville. Granted you had no trouble with either one of those, but look whats your prize for beating TH....GREENEVILLE a team you already dominated this season. IF we had beaten Oak Ridge whats our prize? DOBYNS BENNET.

So Im not gonna sit here and say that West plays soft teams, just tryin to make you see that if Jeff CO had played those teams and then Greeneville, they too would be lookin for Maryville. We got the Trojan monkey off our backs, maybe this is the year to get that Rebel monkey off yours.

With ALL that said I STILL HATE MORRISTOWN WEST! <_< I hate them, but I RESPECT the team. I will never like the school or most of the people, but I respect most of the players and a couple students.

NORTHMEMPHIS27, I am prolly completely wrong with this but I didnt hang out with you Saturday night did I? If I did and you are who I think you are then thanks for the ride Sunday mornin ;)

Way to go, Trojans! A hard fought ball game on both sides. The West defense was and bruised at times but never really broke. Props to Greeneville, though, for coming in and executing a good game plan.

West's 8-minute 94-yard drive in the 4th quarter was fantastic. That and Greeneville's poor use of their time-outs in the second half really did them in (not to mention an ill-timed fumble by Greenway).

Props to the Trojan fans last night as well. When West faced crucial situations, the fans really stepped up and made a lot noise. We'll need a lot more of that next week.

Congratulations, Trojans! Now let's get ready for the Rebels.

Morristown%20West.gif

Congratulations, Trojans! Great Win!

Now you get another shot at what you want, My Maryville Red Rebels coming to your place. Me and a few thousand of my closest friends wearing red and black are looking forward to a great contest. All I need to know is what time will the gate open at the Tony!

Have a good week at practice. Go Rebs!