Grundy out in 2nd round again

chs4life

DEL

There at the end of the game, when Macon run the play and it had ended, there was a good 20 seconds left and the Grundy boys would not get up off the ball (I don't blame them for that) The Ref could have called a delay of game. Just alittle of the other side of the story.

Hey, I love the way Grundy played, hard and clean and hard hittin. It's a shame that there is trouble with the coach retiring or whatever.

I wish ya'll the best!

Edited by bigB76

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEL

There at the end of the game, when Macon run the play and it had ended, there was a good 20 seconds left and the Grundy boys would not get up off the ball (I don't blame them for that) The Ref could have called a delay of game. Just alittle of the other side of the story.

That's why I said I didn't have a problem with that call. I knew exactly what our bunch was up to and when the refs noticed it they had to stop the clock. It was smart by our kids and the right call by the refs. It's those two fumbles we clearly had that got taken away in the pile after the whistle that bother me.

But there's all kinds of "ifs" in that game. If Macon hadn't fumbled so much they might have scored more. If we would have kicked the field goal on the fourth down late we might have won. If, if, if.

What matters is a 38 yard field goal at the end. It was a great game. I just hated for the ride to end four our bunch.

Del.

Del and all Grundy fans,

First of all, it was a pleasure to meet the infamous DelTavian in person....we have had many interesting, hmmmm, conversations. (All in good fun) B) And yes I do agree with Del, from my vantage point on the field the first fumble was CLEARLY covered by Grundy, absolutely no doubt. The second fumble Del refers to I did not have as clear a view, but I do strongly feel as though the two GC players who jumped on the ball first did have possession. According to three of the refs, they all had joint possession by MC and GC, in which their call would be correct. I still haven't figured out how they reached that conclusion :D By the way, I am completely unbiased with regards to these teams.

But this was one terrific ballgame. It was a pure demonstration of what high school football is all about. I hated to see either team lose. Stopping the clock was the right call by the ref there at the end of the game. Questionable calls will always be a part of the game and you must overcome those obstacles along the way. GC, you were a class act and I wish you guys the best for your program.

Again Del, it was a pleasure to meet ya. Please don't leave these message boards because the Jackets are out of the playoffs. You always add fun and a little spice to the conversation. Besides, if you leave I don't know who I'll argue with. B)

Again Del, it was a pleasure to meet ya. Please don't leave these message boards because the Jackets are out of the playoffs. You always add fun and a little spice to the conversation. Besides, if you leave I don't know who I'll argue with. :D

I'll hang in football for a while longer. Of course I'll have to wander over to the basketball boards now that it's hoops season on the Mountain.

Nice to meet you as well but I think you cheated by not introducing yourself early and waiting until late in the game. You knew who I was but I didn't have the same advantage. If I had I would have beat you up a lot earlier. ;)

Del (who is very tempted to go to the Smith - Macon game Friday.)

I'll hang in football for a while longer. Of course I'll have to wander over to the basketball boards now that it's hoops season on the Mountain.

Nice to meet you as well but I think you cheated by not introducing yourself early and waiting until late in the game. You knew who I was but I didn't have the same advantage. If I had I would have beat you up a lot earlier. ;)

Del (who is very tempted to go to the Smith - Macon game Friday.)

Come on up Del...it should be a dandy. The MAFIA will protect you (for a small protection fee of course). :D