Franklin 27 Brentwood 10

FHSrebel27

I knew that while flipping through radio stations, about to turn onto Murray Lane, that when Charlie Daniels' The South's Gonna Do It Again came on... well I knew we were gonna win. I took that as a sign from somebody.

Speaking of signs. "We Own WilCo." Brentwood fans, come on now. I know you're smarter than that. Franklin defeated Ravenwood, Centennial and you. Even before tonight's game it seems that the county seat's high school owned Williamson County. If you didn't believe that, then surely you do now.

Franklin has left no doubt in the minds of many who is the better football team. This proves that week 7 wasn't a fluke. Franklin proved the Tennessean wrong. Franklin proved the Review Appeal and our best friend Doug Dyer wrong. Franklin came out tonight and performed sooooo well. And I'm soooo proud. I said Joe Bell returning a punt would be a key to this game. First punt return for Bell- TOUCHDOWN REBELS! Franklin can't run against Brentwood? That's odd. They sure did tonight. Franklin can't stop Brentwood's run? That's odd. They sure did tonight. Franklin was just nearly perfect. If it's not for a missed tackle, it could have easily been 27-3. Hardly any penalties on FHS, maybe one. I thought our kickers would do us in... isn't that what someone said? How about DeFatta booming a punt down to the 1. How about Campbell going 2 of 2 on FGs and put several kickoffs in the endzone. It was a great job by all... from the coachs' plans to the execution.

Congratulations to Brentwood. You shouldn't be too upset. A great season for the Bruins. You represented our Region and Williamson County well last year but it's our turn now!

I took a moment tonight on Brentwood's field and took a step back to soak in the scene. What a great scene that was. I saw Coach Johnson, smiling like I've never seen him smile before. It was great to see. Way to go Rebels!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even before tonight's game it seems that the county seat's high school owned Williamson County. If you didn't believe that, then surely you do now.

Great win for the Rebels. I'll have to admit I didn't think you could beat Brentwood twice in one year. Good luck next week.

I must correct your statement above Reb27. The owners of Williamson County football are not in Franklin or on Murray Lane. They are on Granny White Pike!!!

“I think our kids got sick of hearing that (the regular-season win) was a fluke,” Franklin Coach Tim Johnson said. “They got tired of hearing that we couldn’t run it on Brentwood. And right before the game, they got tired of some of the Brentwood players mouthing off. It stretched our players’ pride good, and they decided to come out and play a great game.”

That's what I had gotten tired of hearing, too! WAY TO GO REBELS!

Hey Franklin congratulations on the win, but you havent won jack yet. I'm an outsider looking in. Arent we all looking for a state title here?...not just a trip to the third round? Everybody's a loser unless you win it all. Are you satisfied with where you're at now?... That's all you'll get. Games over welcome to round three. Now lets see what you really got. Good luck. Brentwood ain't all that. Peace