Auburnfan1007

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wireman, as I'm sure Gwave1 or just1np or any other Gallatin supporter will attest, we have fun about the whole light incident but there is a lot of mutual respect between the programs. And besides, it wasn't the generator, it was one of those drunk people in the endzone hitting the switch...

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

- Auric Goldfinger, in "Goldfinger" by Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)

Just to follow up on what FHS27 was saying about level of performance.... No offense to Josh Reffegee(last year's QB) but I think Matt Solima is a little more level headed in the pocket and can make better decisions. Josh, the more athletic and evasive, appeared more versatile in his ability to scramble, yet Solima is really more versatile in his ability to go to second, third and even fourth reads, while staying firmly planted in the pocket! The pass to Bell Friday night is a classic example of his ability to be patient and wait for Joe to do what he wants before throwing.

I think that ties into Kevyn's frustration, last year he was first look and most times only look before Josh took off running and now Matt is checking all looks before relying on his receiver's athleticism to make a close play that may be forced.

Matt having watched from the sideline last year knew the line could give him the kind of time he needed to make several reads. Two years ago, that was not the case.

Hey Hendersonville guys...If you want to beat Franklin come to Gallatin and borrow our generator. Franklin and bigdogdaddy are afraid of the dark. They beat us last year and given the opportunity they will still cry about it.

Seems like the only one crying here is you. We beat you with the lights, in the dark and in the mud. Move on.......

Everybody from Franklin be expected to pay an extra 2 bucks at the gate. One dollar goes to the TVA to keep the lights on and the other goes to the TSSAA for legal fees.

(joking)

Well I believe I am going to try and catch this matchup. Here is my humble observations.

QB- Franklin has the better arm in Solima, better reader of defenses, and more patience. Watson is the better scambler and running threat. ADV Franklin

Running game- Franklin's has been up and down with more ups then downs of late. But they are not near as good as Otey last year. Hendersonville has multiple threats and an offense geared toward the run and ball control. Even though we will all be bored to death with the wing-t ADV Hendersonville

Recievers- Franklin has explosiveness, athletic ability, and multiple choices with each. Bell, Nichols, and Murry are the best trio in the state. Hendersonville has a good one in Lyania but really that is it. ADV Franklin

Defensive line- Franklin is getting better with each game. Stopping Brentwood was no easy task. Hendersonville's d-line is bigger and is tough. They will let yopu know who is in front of you. ADV Hendersonville

Defensive secondary- Franklin has very good and quick d-backs. They make sure tackles and have some speed to go along with it. Hendersonville's are good tacklers but lack alot of speed. ADV Franklin

Offensive line- Franklin's while not very big are great pass blockers and can block for the run very well too. Very good in their technique. Hendersonville's are not as big as they have been the past few years but are adequate. ADV Franklin

Special teams- Franklin has a good kicker and punter. And they also boast a very explosive return man in Bell. Hendersonville has a good punter but inconsisitant kicker and the return game is average at best. ADV Franklin

Coaching- Franklin has a young coach that has had very good talent to work with. He does not get rattled to easily and knows the strengths and weaknesses of his team very well. Hendersonville has the experience and just plain ole good solid coaching. He has two trips to the state championship under his belt. Franklin may have the better coach in the long run but for now ADV Hendersonville

Intangibles- Franklin is hungry and very confident(not in a bad way) They know that they can win against Hendersonville. Large following and overall more athletic on the field. Hendersonville is sound fundamentally and is playing at home. They may even have a little revenge from last year on their minds.

If Franklin can play their game and stay away from the turnovers, score quick and often then this ball game is just a tune up for next week. Hendersonville wins this game only if they have good ball control and can stop or keep up with Franklin's big plays.

I am going with Franklin in this one. (even if the lights do go out :lol: )

Well we'll see if both Franklin and that team make it. I'd be more worried about Riverdale if I were you...

You are quite correct...and quite perceptive. However, because of many friends at Franklin, including Coach Johnson, I follow with great interest and admiration the accomplishments of your Rebels. Good luck Friday night. Y'all shouldn't have too much trouble.

I'm going to have to agree with some of the posts above me. If you go by all of these statisitics, Hendersonville shouldn't have made it this far into the playoffs. A lot of you seem to feel that Franklin is going to breeze through this game. I'm not trying to say that Hendersonville is going to win the game, but I don't think you can brush them aside. Hendersonville has the ability to beat Franklin. Lets wait and see what happens on Friday. You might be surprised.

I think Franklin needs to stick with the stack I...they haven't been stopped yet in it. I unfortunately have to miss this game because Franklin also has their first basketball game and I have to play...no good. I think Franklin SHOULD win and I really hope they WOULD win so I can see them next week. Too many weapons, too much speed...Joe Bell kills.