William Blount Coaching Wish List

GovMan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Hey boyz!

I mean boyz you have been writing to beat the band since I have been away!

Sammi, are you related to the White's?

I was in Coach White's class at Everett and just thought the world of him. He picked on me all the time.

Sharky...are you just trying to flirt with me? Also, there is another post on here somewhere with everybody I have heard who is interested in the Governor coaching position. Do a search of all posts by Susie and you will learn a lot!

Sammi...Dr. Martin has been at William Blount about 5 years I think.

However, the person running the show at William Blount is Mark Williamson. He is president of the BCEA and controls most of the hiring and firing down there.

Kinda like Lynn Brown at Maryville, Rob Daugherty at Alcoa, Bill Satterfield at Greenback, Gary Householder at Seymour, Steve Brewer at Sevier County, Terri Bradshaw at Heritage and Larry Cannon at Pigeon Forge.

There is your informal power at all those schools. If you know these folks you can get hired. If you don't you may and may not get hired!

Starz...I am not sure which Sarge you are talking about. However, if you get ritten up, just holla at me and we can work out one of our regular swaps...you know a yankee dime for a fixed ticket!

Nothing holds a candle to Jimbo's Marauder...it is bad! I have been all up in it too! Jimbo likes to put the cuffs on me ever now and again!

Gov Man...I can't believe you agreed with Emeritus on my boy Reese...do you think his dad played favorites?

I don't remember Ralph Kidd, but do remember Ralphie Goodson.

Charlie Frye is coming home... Gov Man... the recruiting van went up there over the weekend and begged for a return to Blount County of the Coaching genius!

You boyz and girls make me laugh!

Love you boyz!

:ph34r:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe that the person that gets the job will be somewhere from blount county or already coaching in blount county.

i dont see anyone from out of the area getting the job. Just to add to the rumor meal what about the return of tim hammontree from georgia. chew on that one.

Suz, I'm goin' to get sideways, if some of these others start flirtin' with you.

Suz, I was checkin' my traps the other day down around Cold Sprangs and I got a nice muskrat pelt out of hit. Would you prefer a muskrat teddy or a soft linin' on them cuffs fer Christmas?

I remember when we would listen to the Captain and Tenille sangin' "Muskrat Love" on that old Craig 8-track player out at Lakemont. I remember you gettin' misty eyed when you heared that song. So I knowed that muskrat wuz your favvert.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

i believe that the person that gets the job will be somewhere from blount county or already coaching in blount county.

i dont see anyone from out of the area getting the job. Just to add to the rumor meal what about the return of tim hammontree from georgia. chew on that one.

That is an interesting point on Hammontree. Personally I feel he would probably love to get back here but there is the scholarship opprotunity for his kids in Georgia. Also as of this week his North Gwinnet team has a 2-7 record. I think it would at least be worth it to Blount to contact him.

Stars,

I was just curious. That "Craig" system you had ... did you stick with the Craig speakers? Did you possibly upgrade to a set of Kraco 6x9's? Or did you go all the way and stick in a 4 speaker K-Mart "Mindblower" system, with the little switch you could flip on for more power?

I caint b'lieve yuns have not mentioned one of th greatest football minds to ever coach in Blount County! He's rat thar under yuns's nose. He's dun coached thar b'fore and I'm shore wood be willin to coach ageeun. That would be the man what took Lanier High School through many a successful season.....Skip Murrrrrinnnnnnn.

Hey Suz.....yonna' ride in my Hummer on Friday night?

Edited by Rebelsman

Hammontree is a winner and I would not let his North Gwinnet's 2-7 team record hinder a WB job consideration. But like most of the posts on this thread, I think you got to be an ole'boy to get the job at WB. It's who ya know in many things and nothing says a local could do any worse. Lou Holtz might also be available soon! I'm sure the Fairview Raiders coach would like to get a shot at the job and has had good enough connections to get in on the Base Ball program there. Toes may hurt but nothing hurts kids more than a coaching revolving door.

Suez--- you seem to know a lot of history so address the reason why the school can’t keep a coach? Is it the quality of the coach or is it the pressure of the job? If the powers that be really want to fix the county FB problem at the 5A level they will change directions and hire a true football man, regardless where he came from or grew up. Many may not agree but it is about the kids, not us has been’s and fans.

Stars,

I was just curious.  That "Craig" system you had ... did you stick with the Craig speakers?  Did you possibly upgrade to a set of Kraco 6x9's?  Or did you go all the way and stick in a 4 speaker K-Mart "Mindblower" system, with the little switch you could flip on for more power?

Knowing STARS it was probably the *sparkomatic* power booster wif dem Jensen speakers. Ifin you want it I still got my ole Craig *powerplay* eight track deck put away. ;)

Edited by TheInsider

Gov-Man, I started out with some Kraco's. Bought mine at Sky City on sale. Then I got the garbage route into high gear and moved up to some Advent 6x9's.

I got a acetylene torch and cut a big ol' hole right in the middle of my dash. The early model Craig's were about a foot across. I wared it up and hit sounded good until that ol' 8-track problem reappeared. Yep, double-trackin'.

Have you ever listened to Stairway to Heaven and Whole Lotta Love at the same time?

Suz, was always the only Mind-Blower I ever needed.

Go Rebs.

Hey boyz!

Whew! You boyz have been busy while I have been cleaning house, dusting, ironing, washing clothes, etc.

Rebelsman...leave it to you to pick an old Alcoa boy in Skipper! What a great guy! We dated a couple of times when he was going to ETSU!

It seems Skip is ailing these days. The Blount County School Board in their infinite wisdom want to question his loyalty, etc. Well at least one or two do. They debated over giving him a leave of absence.

He sure would make a fine head coach at either school, but I believe he is headed toward retirement. At least that is what Amy and Alice have told me. We get our hair fixed together.

Starz...it seems to me a lot of guyz have been dropping suggestive hints my way. If my husband could read, I'd be skeered! You know I will try my best to stay true to you.

I am really wanting a rabbit wrap for the cold winter months. You know how deddy used to raise those rabbits. I know you remember saying you'd like to make like them rabbits with me.

I did cry over Muskrat susie...and muskrat sam....you silly boy...I knew you remembered. You would always say...Sam I am!

What really teared me up was when we had that little tiff and I used to listen to my Carpenters 8 track. I loved that song "Close to you!" It still makes me a little misty!

The best 8 track was the Commodores though. You said I was your "Brick House" and I'd watch you in football and say..."you really hit him like a Brick House..." do you remember?

FB emeritus...the coaching carousel at William Blount is due to a lot of different factors. I believe MacMan left to become a principal and because the time and effort that staff put in wasn't recognized by the administration all the way up to the school board.

Reed left because of similar situation. He worked hard wasn't appreciated and saw an opportunity at Alcoa that appeared "greener"! I guess at this point one couldn't argue with that.

Phelps' heart was never in it. He was coaxed into the position by a couple of friends in high places. He took over a staff with allegiance to Coach Mac and Coach Reed and that would be hard for anyone.

All three are class acts and worked hard and this is certainly a woman's opinion and nothing more. So take it for what it is worth.

I do resent however, you saying my son Reese played because his dad played favorites. Reese, like I said, was a great athlete and more than anything else hated to lose. If you ever want to see someone hate to lose as much as Reese, you need to see his dad and sister compete.

Well I have got to run...Erica is about to have a mental breakdown and Phillip is cheating on her and she doesn't know it. Men are evil sometimes...no offense Starz, eh, I mean "Muskrat Sam"!

Love you boyz!

:P