Crockett Co at Greenbrier

craigcoc

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sense coachhard and greenbrier2 are trying to keep crockett fans away with their warnings about the bleachers.

it stinks to say "your bleachers are unsafe, and don't set in the aluminum gold reserved seats". i think crockett fans should be able to sit anywhere they please, even in the "gold reserved section". crockett provided adequate facilities last year when greenbrier came to town.

y'all need to get to work today fixing the bleachers or tearing them down if they are unsafe. you have known you had the potential to host a third round game for a year.

the tssaa should move the game if you cannot provide a safe environment for the fans.

Edited by jshanes

CoachHard, thanks for the heads up about the bleachers. I have an uncle that is going to the game and is, well lets just say pleasantly plump. I will be sure to tell him to bring his own chair (acourse it is made out of metal).

I think this game is going to be game to remember. Just like the Alamo! Davey Crockett (County) versus Poncha Villa and is famous band of renegade fighters called the (Green) Mountain Boys. Just a little fun with history and football.

Can't wait!!!!!!!! We take our memories with us and this will be one rememberable night.

i sense coachhard and greenbrier2 are trying to keep crockett fans away with their warnings about the bleachers.

it stinks to say "your bleachers are unsafe, and don't set in the aluminum gold reserved seats". i think crockett fans should be able to sit anywhere they please, even in the "gold reserved section". crockett provided adequate facilities last year when greenbrier came to town.

y'all need to get to work today fixing the bleachers or tearing them down if they are unsafe. you have known you had the potential to host a third round game for a year.

the tssaa should move the game if you cannot provide a safe environment for the fans.

By all means....I am not trying to tell the Crockett fans to stay home. We would love for you to bring a packed house. I was simply giving you a heads up about the bleachers. They have lasted for over 40 years, maybe they will last another 40....who knows. Even though you have great fan support, I still would be surprised if you brought more fans than Sycamore did, being 3 hours away. Believe me, if those bleachers with stood that crowd, they will probably hold up.

Replacing a set of bleachers is a lot more than just tearing them down and building some new ones. Bleachers are very expensive. Robertson County has to fund 5 high schools....not 1. This why you see county schools such as Crockett have nicer facilities. These types of issues are out of our hands. We can complain all we want, but if the county doesn't have the money....it just doesn't have the money. Sorry.

Nobody more than us would love to see a new set of bleachers over there. And we would never try to scare off any fans from attending one of our home games.....especially this game.

I tell you what Jeff, if you really feel this way....I will give you my seat. It is on the 50 yard line on the top row.

Just like the Alamo! Davey Crockett (County) versus Poncha Villa and is famous band of renegade fighters called the (Green) Mountain Boys.

The history teacher in me had to make a correction:

General Antonio Lopez de Santa Ann attacked the Alamo...Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys attacked Fort Ticonderoga in the American Revolution. Poncha Villa was a Mexican revolutionary fighter in the late 19th century-early 20th century.

JSHanes - sorry if you took that as we don't want Crockett fans to come. Everyone is welcome. The county is the one who is responsible for the athletic program funds. Like Coachhard said, the bleachers have been there since the school was built. So far we have been able to hold every crowd that's come and if we can hold White House and Springfield (our biggest gates), I'm sure we can hold Crockett. I mean it's not like they are condemed, or anything.

Maybe Crockett doesn't have reserved seats on their home side, but when I say reserved seating, I mean as in prepaid season tickets. Everyone that has a reserved seats knows usually has had them for years and knows who is and is not supposed to be sitting in those seats and a season pass has to be shown if questioned.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

What time do you think an out-of-towner should arrive? Will there be many tail-gaters? Is there a good place to tail-gate?

5:30 - 6:00 should be a decent time. The parking around the field is fenced on the visitors side, but there is a large field behind the softball field, near the batting cages that is usually pretty open for tailgating. Greenbrier's tailgate party is held across from the field and is at someone's house I don't know if it's open to everyone. Been invited but don't go because I want to warm up my seat and watch the team warm-up.

My apologies go out the coacht community and Greenbrier fans that took my last posts as trash talk. Greenbrier has a good team with great backs, but anyone should be able to voice their opinion at any given time. As far as dissing the Greenbrier Bobcats, that is not true. Any team can be beaten on any given night. Greenbrier will be a tough opponet, but my opinion still stands. The Cavaliers will still be victorious.

P.S. how can i get the game from Knoxville to Greenbrier

Just like the Alamo!  Davey Crockett (County) versus Poncha Villa and is famous band of renegade fighters called the (Green) Mountain Boys. 

The history teacher in me had to make a correction:

General Antonio Lopez de Santa Ann attacked the Alamo...Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys attacked Fort Ticonderoga in the American Revolution. Poncha Villa was a Mexican revolutionary fighter in the late 19th century-early 20th century.

I didn't have a very good history teacher in school, thanx. So Crockett fought in the American Revolution with Santa Ann? Who was the enemy? Ethat Allan?

Hey G.Cat2, you sound like a true fan, forget the socializing, lets just play FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

[i didn't have a very good history teacher in school, thanx.  So Crockett fought in the American Revolution with Santa Ann?  Who was the enemy?  Ethat Allan?

Please tell me your kidding: :rolleyes:

Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys- Revolutionary War/Fort Ticonderoga(1775)

Davy Crockett and the defenders of the Alamo v/s General Santa Ann and the Mexican Army- Texas Independence from Mexico (1836)

I believe that Williams and Herndon are both going to get their yards. The key is to stop either one of them from making the big play. The key to this game is going to be who contains the supporting cast of each back. Crockett will probably be facing the strongest Line they have faced all year and Greenbrier will probably be facing the quickest team they have played all year. This should be a hard fought battle that I believe will be a quick game because each team believes in pounding the football the whole game. I truly believe this game comes down to the kicking game and that will be in the advantage of Crockett. I say Crockett wins 20-17. Good Luck to both teams. It's just a shame one of you two classy programs has to leave after the 3rd round.