Mt. Juliet

redfan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I saw them play at a playday and they did well but not as well as I've seen them in the past.. i think this will be a rebuilding year for them... they still have the younger mcfarlin down low and then i think # 22 was her number.. she was impressive.. strongest player i saw.. mcfarlin is just a soph right?

~There are 2 types of dreamers: Those who dream and DONT achieve, and those who dream and ACHIEVE!~

Dreamer..Just to bring you up to speed on the MJ program. They went to the 'Boro with a starting lineup of three freshman and two sophomores. Unfortunately or fortunately, they drew Shelbyville in the opening round and got roughed up. All of these girls are back for the next two to three years with some pretty good freshman behind them. They can play the inside/outside game with the best of them and can drain the threes. They are playing a freshman this year who can break any press single-handedly (Miaca Bowman). I would say not many males could keep up with her when she has the ball. So as far as this being a rebuilding year, it really is a building year. They will be back at the 'Boro this year. :lol:

Edited by flngrvy

#22 carries the Mt. Juliet team. I really wasn't impressed by the guard play of the Lady Bears. McFarlin is not a factor. They may make it back to State, but only if #22 hits those free throws and gets rebounds. She is a A+ quality player. I could see them going down in region due to the fact that they have to play those up-tempo teams in the opposite district. I haven't heard much about Overton or any teams in the opposite district. The two factors to Mt. Juliet returning to State will be the coaching staff adjustments and the play of #22.

Edited by HUCK

I think it would be hard not to pick Mt. Juliet as the best team in Region 5/Region 6. Smyrna, Gallatin, Wilson Central, Beech, and maybe Dickson County will compete for that second spot in Region 5.

Region 6 will be a little tougher to call. Brentwood, Antioch, Hillsboro are the top three, but there are about five other teams that could compete (Maplewood, Hunters Lane, Overton, Hickman County, Spring Hill).

Of that group, Mt. Juliet is the class.

Being a factor or not McFarlin (correct spelling HUCK) is a still a huge presence in the paint and can dominate the district and region at the post position. Clark (22) is all over the floor and she plays hard all of the time, coming up with big plays and steals. Those two will cause match up problems with most teams just like they did last year. (with the exception of Shelbyville) Clark will have to work on those free throws and the guards will have to work on handeling tough pressuse defense; I'd say Fryer will have them ready come tournament time. If I was a betting man, which im not, I'd put my money on MJ being back in the Boro come March.

Edited by zoza25

I saw the guard play of Mt. Juliet during the summer and during the play-days. I'm sure all of you are biased. That is fine! I just wasn't impressed. I kinda like Wilson Central over all the teams in that Region. Maybe with a little luck Mt. Juliet can get back to Murfeesboro, but if I was a betting man I'd go with Wilson Central to take the region and Mt Juliet to lose on the road in sub-state. That is my opinion...I've been wrong a few times, but I wouldn't bet the house and the barn on it.

After having watched Wilson Central and Mt. Juliet play in Shelbyville, There is no way Wilson C. will finish ahead of MJ. While they do have an outstanding guard #23 their posts are not as athletic as MJ. Mt. Juliet will win the district and 24 to 26 games while Wilson C. wil win 20 to 22 games and finish third in district behind Lavergne/Beech. MJ has too much athleticism, size and talent for the rest of the region.

I agree that Wilson Central has a good team with good coaches as well in Bud and Cambell. I still think MJ will take it and Central will be second. Central may have more athletic guard play in Gassie and O'Connell, but they have one post player in Antone. She is a heck of a player, but she can't guard McFarlin and Clark both at the same time. I also think that Central has a mental block when playing MJ. Both teams are playing for much more than just a district win. These kids that were best friends growing up and still are, but were split up. Just think what a geat team MJ would have if Central hadn't been built! Oh well! Good luck to both teams. Could see both of them in the Boro.

Huck, you should absolutely be embarrassed that you called a 16 year old girl a name (McFatlin). Not only that, but your manhood should come into question with such a pitiful, pathetic, moronic, childlish, classless display. That is so out of line you should issue an apology on this thread. :rolleyes:

Edited by flngrvy

I would like to add a few girls that people need to watch for, because I know for a fact these girls have heart and are willing to do whatever it takes for this team to

win. It is not always about how much you score but, how you lead your team both on the court, in the weightroom, and in the classroom. Those girls you have not mentioned but are a big part of M.J's success are Christian Gibson, Casey Pigue, and Holly Hudson. Let's remember this is a team sport and it takes five on the court to win!!! GO LADY BEARS!!! :lol: