Best Single A teams in East Tennessee

chill

1A -- Cloudland & Unaka

The Highlanders return a lot of talent as does the Rangers; University lost big boy but should have good guards....

2A -- Hancock County

this district is won by default, don't know much about the other teams and for good reason....

3A -- Cosby

by far the best team is Cosby, CAK and Greenback could be decent but will struggle in the region....

4A -- Rockwood, Wartburg, Harriman, and Oneida

Rockwood and Wartburg return a lot from last year's successful teams, but Oneida, Harriman, and Coalfield could compete.....

5A -- Tennessee Temple & Boyd Buchanon

A young Temple team should still take this district, BB not as strong as the last few years....

6A -- Chattanooga Christian & Lookout Valley

These two always dominate this district and that shouldn't change, Sale Creek made a push last year but not sure about returners and I don't know much about the other teams....

JUST FOR FUN....

1) Temple -- they deserve it after two straight gold balls....

2) Cosby

3) Cloudland

4) Rockwood

5) Unaka

6) Chattanooga Christian

7) Wartburg

8) Hancock County

9) Harriman

10) Oneida/Boyd Buchanon/Lookout Valley

I don't know nearly enough about some of these teams, but it should add for friendly conversation....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt agree more on your rankings! Cloudland and Cosby plays early in the season so we will see how they both stack up then. And Temple deserves number one there is no doubt about that on the preseason poll, but they will have to back it up just like everyone else during the season. Good luck to all the teams in East Tennessee and i believe its going to be a great year for most of you!

Edited by notjustafan

I think I have to agree with these rankings for pre-season.

Chill said he didn't know about a lot of these teams and the

top ten is "JUST FOR FUN". Unaka was beated by Cloudland at

the end of last year (Unaka lost 3 of their last 5). So until/when

they prove themselves on the court this year #5 is probably

reasonable.

I don't agree that Chill "has no clue what he is talking about"

or 'must still be living in the 70s".

This should be a good thread with a lot of discussion about

East TN A ball. Let's not turn it into more name calling and

childishness.

Again, I think chill did a great job on these predictions. I think Cosby is the best team in east tennessee, but Temple deserves some credit...obviously. Winning begats winning. And those two teams know how to win. I think Rockwood and Unaka and even Harriman are teams that could be coin tossed for. Chattanooga Christian should be a very competitive team and could make some noise if they get past Temple.

Sleepers: Cloudland/Oneida/Wartburg/Hancock...any of these teams could beat the top 3 or 4 any given night. Should be some great tournaments this year. Good luck to all the teams.

Just for fun:

1) Cosby - always a winner - great coach

2) Temple - 2 straight Gold Balls...tradition/coaching

3) Unaka - very tough/physical

4) Rockwood - talented/ 6'8" post

5) Harriman - Athletic

6) Hancock Co. - smart basketball players

7) Cloudland - got a chance

8) Chattanooga Christian - will upset some teams

9) Oneida - could be good

10) Warturg - 2 Vespies...and solid role players

Edited by threeball

Its really quite amusing to watch the Ranger and Highlander fans come on this board and the ladies BB board and talk the talk. I am sure their respective coaches would just as soon the state tourney talk be whispers and not smacked on here for all to see. Fact is Unaka and Cloudland both have good solid BB programs. Neither team, boys or girls will sweep the other this year. But the "we are better than you" talk really needs to be toned down for awhile. Why not talk real basketball all you lander and ranger fans? All this smack talk does is make one look foolish later on. JMHO.