TYNER VS. LIPSCOMB: OFFICIAL THREAD

windtalker

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I started a thread under Big games in East Tennessee I will comment here. Tyner showed just how good they were on Friday night. Falling behind to Goodpasture 28-12 at the half and then coming back to dominate the private school Cougars in the second half. Tyner's big line is more like a junior college. They over power any team in double A. Lipscomb's record is a little decieving. They really only beat two good teams all season. The rest of their schedule was cream puff. Greenbriar and Goodpasture. Greenbriar fell behind early but dominated the Mustangs in the second half according to a buddy of mine in Ridgetop. Also Goodpasture fans told me Friday night that other than two or three fluke big plays they dominated Lipscomb and Lipscomb won on a 45 yard miracle field goal at the end of the game. Based on this and the Tyner performance on Friday night it should be another Ram train express. Lipscomb lost all the big guys up front from last years team and the heart of the team in fullback/linebacker Santego. If Tyner can throw the ball at all they should be in great shape as Lipscomb's secondary is their biggest weakness. Goodpasture and Ezell threw the ball all over the field. If Craddock is on it will be a long ride back to Nashville..Tyner 28-10.

Nope. No returning starters on line. Gone Trey Coke, gone, Richard Whitfield, Gone David Walker, Jonas Fredrickson, Gone Seth Martin. Gone Santego.

In the secondary gone Reed Stenson, gone Elliot wood..... they guys they have back were mostly role players from last years team...also just check heights and weights from last year's roster and this year's roster. Also when I was growing up I was taught a gentleman never said "shut up".

Although I started a thread under Big games in East Tennessee I will comment here. Tyner showed just how good they were on Friday night. Falling behind to Goodpasture 28-12 at the half and then coming back to te the private school Cougars in the second half. Tyner's big line is more like a junior college. They over power any team in double A. Lipscomb's record is a little decieving. They really only beat two good teams all season. The rest of their schedule was cream puff. Greenbriar and Goodpasture. Greenbriar fell behind early but ted the Mustangs in the second half according to a buddy of mine in Ridgetop. Also Goodpasture fans told me Friday night that other than two or three fluke big plays they ted Lipscomb and Lipscomb won on a 45 yard miracle field goal at the end of the game. Based on this and the Tyner performance on Friday night it should be another Ram train express. Lipscomb lost all the big guys up front from last years team and the heart of the team in fullback/linebacker Santego. If Tyner can throw the ball at all they should be in great shape as Lipscomb's secondary is their biggest weakness. Goodpasture and Ezell threw the ball all over the field. If Craddock is on it will be a long ride back to Nashville..Tyner 28-10.

Pretty good analogy of the Mustangs except for a few things. 6 of the 10 teams Lipscomb played made the playoffs. If you think Lipscomb secondary is weak I challenge you to throw the ball. They have come up with big interceptions all year & have had several returned for TD's. Ezell by no means threw the ball all over the field. The Goodpasture fans lied to you about 3-4 fluke plays. As a matter of fact GP had a FLUKE interception that was returned for a TD. A pass deflected off a Lipscomb helmet directly in the hands of a GP lineman & he ran about 25 yards for a TD. That was a fluke. Lipscomb had 4 turnovers in that game & GP capitilized on 3 of those with TD's. I think the reason that game was close was because Lipscomb gave GP those turnovers. It was not a 45 yard field goal it was more like 35. Miracle it was not, our kicker can boot the ball. Does Tyner even have a field goal kicker, I believe they go for two everytime dont they? Craddock better be ready to run for his life if Tyners line blocked like they did last year. Lipscomb ate Tyners line up last year & was in the backfield all night. I expect the same thing this year. I hope Tyners coaches think our secondary is weak. Let one of those wide receivers come across the middle. Blankenship & Lehning will be licking their chops to de-clete one of those guys. Greenbrier did not te Lipscomb by no means. What I think Tyner should do is overlook Lipscomb & base their game plan on all of your analogies & see what happens.

hmm well 6 of the 10 teams made the playoffs but what does that say? I know what you're thinking but honestly. Look at some of the teams that actually do make the playoffs. I agree also that Lipscomb has had a very easy schedule thus far, and this could come back to kick them in the butt here in the playoffs. Unless they accept this and prepare mentally for Tyner then they are likely to be very surprised.

Hey Lipscomb has to play the schedule that was dealt. We cannot help that the only team that challenges them is Goodpasture. There non-region games were Marshall County, Springfield, Ezell, Greenbrier. These 4 teams year in & year out are normally competitive. Dont worry about the Mustangs being mentally prepared, we have the best coaching staff in the entire state. They are experienced & have been there & done that. The Mustangs will be ready.

windtalker I dont think you want to mess with Valentine.

you lipscomb people have no idea. you must be off in your own little world this year with that head swelled up the size of a beach ball.guess what this aint last year! you might and i stress might win a state title if you get by tyner but then your still gonna have go beat milan. you arent in the drivers seat to roll over everybody in the playoffs you havent played anybody in the playoffs yet. your finnally gonna get a test this week.hope you pass.

and by the way i have a ton of respect for your program you are the ONLY private school i even begin to respect. so why talk crap like you are? if your so superior shut up and play let your pads talk. you are a great football team but your not gods gift to football around here.quit disrespecting other programs its the reason i and most other people have respect for you.

just think guys we might have two PUBLIC shools playing in the 2a state title game.scary for those rich boys isnt it. cant wait till they send your butts off to play with DII.good luck.