knox central vs maryville

columbia central

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to see the first matchup of these two fine teams. I have to say, player -for-player, CHS has the better athletes. That being said, Maryville executed when it needed to and won the game. Maryville has not "blown" anyone out this year. The teams they have beaten by large margins were poor teams. If CHS comes out and plays 4 qtrs. they will beat Maryville. MHS is prone to making turnovers. They have played poor teams and have been able to recover from their mistakes. Against a good team like CHS, MHS will quickly find themselves in a hole that may be too much to overcome. Lets face it, CHS can move the ball at will against MHS.

CHS wins by 10

Central Bobcat...if you're going to say Central wins, give a reason, not just a statement. Also, Coach Garrett, you saw one game and say that Maryville is prone to turn the ball over?! They turned the ball over 2 times against "CHS" and they still won the game. If "CHS" can move the ball at will against Maryville, get a 2 turnover margin in their favor and still lose the first game, then how is it you come up with your analysis!? Sure athlete for athlete Central is better, but thats not what Maryville is about, Maryville is about teamwork, execution, and discipine. They have proved numerous times that those are the building blocks to success in high school football. Maryville stopped Central when they needed to last time out, and Maryville shot themselves in the foot last time out. The way I see it is if Maryville wouldn't have turned the ball over before the half and they would have scored then the game would have been blown wide open, Central would have folded and Maryville would have swept the floor with them. However; Maryville turned the ball over and they didn't score, they let Central hang around. So I don't know where you're coming from when you say that Central can drive on Maryville all day long!?

Maryville has yet to play their best game yet. And it doesnt matter the margin of victory, a W is a W. and even if Central does come out and play 4 quarters they might come close to beating maryville, but its not a sure thing. And about having better athletes??? do you get much sleep at night with comments like that? Maryville is loaded with talent. move the ball at will, hahahaha, please tell me your joking. and as far as i can see it central is the one who will be in the hole all game, and they wont be able to claw their way out. Maryville by 7, go Rebels

Coach Garret: Central can move the ball at will against Maryville? Oh is that why Jackson had a 20 yard loss in OT? Not to take anything away from Central they are a great team. This time will be interesting, Rebels have all theis players, and central is sick with the "flu." it will definataley be a 4 quarter game, not a blowout at all. Maryville by a FG or TD

True, Jackson did have a 20 yd loss in OT in the first match up... but you have to consider what was going on. There was some obvious mis communication. The fullback went the wrong way, and when Jackson decided to follow him, he had nothing. Like playmakers do in close games, he decided to reverse his field and try to make something happen. Unfortunately for him, it didn't work. I guess that sometimes you're the windsheild, sometimes you're the bug. But you can't fault the kid for trying to make something happen.

I had the opportunity to see the first matchup of these two fine teams. I have to say, player -for-player, CHS has the better athletes. That being said, Maryville executed when it needed to and won the game. Maryville has not "blown" anyone out this year. The teams they have beaten by large margins were poor teams. If CHS comes out and plays 4 qtrs. they will beat Maryville. MHS is prone to making turnovers. They have played poor teams and have been able to recover from their mistakes. Against a good team like CHS, MHS will quickly find themselves in a hole that may be too much to overcome. Lets face it, CHS can move the ball at will against MHS.

CHS wins by 10

Maryville and Central play in the same region in case you forgot so your insinuation that Maryville has played an inferior schedule to them does not hold much water. Which teams do you consider Maryville having struggled with? And bear in mind they do not believe in running 60 or 70 points on a team like Central does.

all things said and done, when these two teams came head to head, mhs walked away with the victory. it was no fluke. does that mean they will win again? no. does it give them a psychological advantage? maybe. the rebels did not play their best game, and from what i've heard that was maybe central's most mistake free game of the season. i think the rebels have that edge. not only did they win, but they overcame their own mistakes, responded with authority when central had positive plays, and made HUGE (read as loss of major yardage) defensive stops when necessary (i.e. in overtime and on several occasions in the red zone). I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Go Red Rebels!

I am not going to sit here and talk about the last matchup. All that matters is tonights matchup between these two teams. Maryville will have an advantage in that they have been here before and have experienced the pressure. Central will have motivation to win this game for their coach. Both teams will leave everything out on the field tonight in a heck of a game. I think it will be a nailbitter till the end never knowing who is really going to win for sure until that final buzzer goes off. I know Central respects Maryville and I am sure Maryville respects Central and i hope to see a classy gridiron battle tonight in maryville. Good luck to both teams. But Go Cats!!!!