OCCHS

freshreb74

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever postman81 is he has some good points along with rebelman and everyone else. I am a junior for OC and just got back from the last game of the season. The game was a joke along with the rest of the season. Probably the most important player we have on the team sat along side me on the bench the hole game because he missed an hour practice because he was sick. That practice by the way was on Sunday and the game was tonight(Tuesday). I have watched people play over me, Denver, Kyle, and Dustin, and even a sophmore in John Sawyer, who we whip the snot out of in practice, but he would rather lose than actually play us. I'm sick of hearing people say give it another year so the young ones can develope but there will not be any developing b/c he refuses to play the younger ones. I heard him on the radio say we are not dedicated when we were the ones who about had to go to a retired English teacher to open the gym for us. We want to be in the gym and get better but the only way we can go is if a coach is with us. When we do practice for our 50 minutes(during school b/c we never practiced after school all year b/c "It would interfere with his supper time") all we would do is play 5 on 0 and never got conditioning so when it came gametime go figure we get out played in the 4th quarter and can't handle pressure. People can say I am a crybaby and all this boils down to is playing time but no one loves basketball more than me but this is not basketball. We need a who wants us in the gym(maybe the one Coach always dogs to our players) and we might get back to our winning tradition. I like Coach as a person and love his family but maybe he needs to just be a teacher and coach junior high so he won't have to put so much time in it and have more time for his family.

YES i was sitting the bench.I'm not a great basketball player either.thats why i quit.

why do something one has no future in or something one gets no fun out of.I sat in practice every day,showed up for everything never slacked off and what did i get...notanything the coach made fun of me,told me i was bad at basketball everything he could do to just confidence wise kick me down.It was bull,You arent a bad team get the right things down and ya'll could be good.Coach Johnson even got me in front of the entire team and said i had the least amount of talent he had ever seen.that day i realized i had had it and i quit a week later.Thats my story

In my previous post i missed worded it. I meant me, Kyle, Denver, Dustin, and John would whip the snot out of everyone. the bottom line is it doesn't matter who starts or plays. Until we can get in the gym more and work we will keep losing. We feel we have worked all these years to be thrown away when we get to highschool. Golfman23 I am sorry that is how your basketball ended but it is part of basketball. You saw on the post how much people from OC love basketball.

I have been a Central Club Fan from the first year that Central opened.. I have seen some good teams and I have seen some bad teams..but this year's boys basketball team has the worst record that I have ever seem and it is no fault of the team.. There was good talent but it wasn't used.. There was no pratice , poor coaching when there was a practice.. How can a coach draw a paycheck for something he doesn't do?..

The Messenger reported them as" a seemingly-uninterested , uninspired , listless OC squad". I couldn't agree with them more. Who was suppose to be inspiring them? The coach sure didn't!!! Why did they act uninterested ? Could it be be because they knew they were beat before they started ? They couldn't pratice and they knew they didn't have a coach to teach them..In my opinion..they should be teaching the coach...heck.. in my opinion they should fire the coach..

When Jimmy Whitnby was basketball coach..the gym was full every game. When the tournament came around ..the gym was so full..you had to be in line for 3 or 4 hours to get a seat.. I think if coach Greer had resigned at the first of the season..we would have had a much better season.. If he comes back next year ( he probably will because he cares for nobody but himself) there will be no boys basketball..or none any better than this year..

I want to make it clear that the boys on this team did the best they could with the coach they had.. They had what it takes but was not allowed to use it . I just hope that someone out there will see what this coach has done and the harm he is going to do next year.. Please get rid of him!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have to agree fully with the previous two post about the coach. and i agree that if he would have done the SMART thing and resigned at the beginning of the year. Our team would have been much better off. and it is true how everyone says that we would have been better under whitby. we would be about 22-5 if whitby would have been our coach. but instead we have had nearly 3 full wasted years of basketball at obion county. we go from having a coach that didnt put a lick of time into us to a coach that put every loss on our shoulder even after he got 2 technicals to change the momentum from us to Westview in that close game. Teams arent supposed to lose by 1-5 points every game. when we lost by that over a span of 10 games something is wrong, and it wasnt the way we were playing. the reason you lose close games is because of your COACH. good coaches know how to win close games. but coach greer never realized this and just kept putting the losses all on our shoulders. how selfish is that? and to the practice comment. you cant really call what we did practice. we ran 5 on 0 nearly all the time when we did press and offenses. how will that make u better? and if we ever stayed after school it was until 3:15.

and whoever said this team was low on talent was completely wrong. we definately werent low on talent. experience maybe but not talent. even if we werent the most talented group central has hadthat still isnt the reason we were losing. coach whitby could have a team that wasnt athletic and wasnt talented but he would still find a way to win.

from a former players point of view, he was a terrible coach. he didnt teach us anything he didnt put any work into anyone but his so called "superstars." but everyone still thinks he can pull together a winning season with the team he has coming up next year. if yall thought this year didnt have talent wait til you see next year. i feel sorry for central basketball if they decide to keep this "great" coach for next year.