OCCHS

freshreb74

pwg17

i dont know who you are and i dont give a sugar

if you want to say stuff bout our team then you bring your pretty little ###### over to the gym one day after school

we will see how much sugar you say then

im a senior on this team and if you dont think we have any talent then you just ###### bring it

if you dont know who this is it is matt sparkman

if you have anythin to say now say it to my face

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one, Phil Green you are wrong. Postman81 is not the quiting post player from this year, even though whoever it is has alot of really good points. And personally I really dont appreciate you accusing me without knowing what you are talking about.

For two I am tired of hearing people say that coach Whitby has run the team into the ground about how bad the talent is and how they cant play. With Coach Whitby it didnt matter how much talent he had because he would take a group of people who didnt know crap and turn them into a ball team. Alot of how a basketball team executes the plays, especially a high school basketball team, depends on the coach and his or her abilities. And no one can deny that coach Whitby was and is one of the best coachs in Tennessee. He has went down to Lake County and almost completely turned their team around.

And about people saying that Central just has no talent and that the players are the reason that Central's season has sucked is crazy. Central has alot of talent and when given the right plays and right mentality, could easily have been 15-5. I dont know what some of the people on here are thinking either when they say that just give Greer another year so he can get rid of these players and bring in this "great team." I hate to inform you but there is no team coming up. Next years team's talent does not even come close to this years team talent. So people you better get ready for another long year.

I am also glad to say that I am glad that alot of the coaches want to stand up for Coach Greer and down the players. But if I remember right this is a team sport run by a Coach; therefore, when the team loses so does the coach and yeah the coach may not be able to go on the floor and execute the plays he wants the boys to make, but then again if a coach could do that wouldn't all the teams win every game because the coachs always think that they have the best game plan.

So don't try to bad mouth the players cause it is definetly not all their faults. And just like postman81 said, look at their faces when they play. Do they actually look happy and look like they are enjoying the game. Last time I checked they didn't, and most of the players have alot of stuff to say about the program and how this season has sucked and what they think about the coach but they try to keep it on the downlow.

well from a former player's perspective of coach greer, he stinks. i had him as somewhat of a coach if you even wanna call him a coach. the practices that we have are pitiful because most of the time the stuff that we workin on is not even going to help us, like playin 5 on 0. now really how is that going to help us because in a real game we ain't playin the "invisible" players. truthfully coach greer in my opinion is not a good coach at all. he's a great person to hang around and all but he would be better off coaching a pee-wee team. i have talked to all the players on then team and they think the same way about him. he does not need to coach another year up at central to run us into the ground even more. i mean look at his records he has had up at central even when he left that junior college his record wasn't even good. but i guess that is all up to the school what they want to do about it. this is just comin from someone who has talked to the whole team and the whole team from last year.

Coach Whitby has done a good job this year, no doubt. I am sure he is a very good coach, his record speaks for itself. Lake County, however, has not needed "turning around." 3 or 4 years ago they were in the state tournament under a fine coach, Brett Johnson. They should have won the first game but could not throw one in the ocean. They won the district the next year as well. They were going to be down a little and won very few games under Whitby his first 2 years with a young, inexperienced but athletic teams, and one of the worst in the region the last 2 years.They have progressed very well in the 3rd year.

Coach Greer has only been at Obion for 1 1/2 years. Remember Coach Hoffman coached the boys the year Whitby left. His teams, while not winning many this year, have been very competitive and defeated some good teams. He is a very good coach, turning aroung programs at Camden, Milan, and on the college level. Maybe it is not a good fit at Obion, but he is one of the best coaches in the area and it would be hard to find anyone of his character, knowledge, and compassion for the game. Good luck Coach Greer and the Obion basketball players.

I'm not on here to degrade or applaud Coach Greer. The turnaround to this season was the Westview game when he could have made a positive out of his two

technicals which probably cost them the game, but instead he not once mentioned that the loss could have been his fault. Instead he put the majority of the blame on his players.

Following that loss he decided he needed scorers in the games instead of individuals who put more emphasis on defense than trying to see who could score the most points.

It sounds as though from reading the messages on this board that there are a couple of adults responding to messages from young adults making themselves look immature.

Before any individual accuses someone of posting messages, they need to be certain that the individual(s) they are accusing posted the message.

I want to end by saying I have been around several of the older players for several years and have to say that each are very polite and intelligent gentlemen.

And the problems that have faced throughout their basketball career may be partly their responsility but the majority has to be on the poor leadership they have had since junior high.

Man matt sparkman i wish you would stop acting like you're jesus. Obion is having an off year every team goes through it one time or another,they have potential and if they get hott they're hard to beat.Noone wants to get dissed on here so if you could do us all a favor and quit doing it.And if you are an adult and are posting like this you should be ashamed,whether or not you want tell us who you are.This is for people saying what they believe about teams not how a coach coaches,if you could please drop the topic of a coach,and save us all the heartbreak.

i aint tryin to be jesus you moron

i said if you want to say we dont have any talent then come to the gym and we will find out how much we have

it isnt an adult posting on here it is really matt sparkman and if you wanna say something to me again you can say it to me not post it on here

Hey nerd if this is a basketball board and not a golf board then stay off. No one cares what a conceited dork like you thinks. I play golf all over Tennessee and only thing I have ever heard about you is that you stink and you cheat. You wanna tell us about basketball come to OC and play our water boy then it might be close. By the way our waterboy is a 6th grader. Keep with the golf boards.