Hall Of Fame Game @ East Ridge

ChattSportsWriter11

Well i went to the Hall of Fame Games at East Ridge today. I didn't stay the entire time, but long enough to see what each team was made of.

Grundy County is very young, weak, and careless with the ball. Ooltewah had several steals in the first half and two of them were capitilized by dunks. Ooltewah led the game at the end of the first quarter 29 - 0. Ooltewah then took all their starters out, but their 2nd team, and JV players still smotherd Grundy with their Defense. This game was ugly from the start and could only be played for fun after about 2 minutes into it, and ended 82 - 39.

East Ridge and Temple looked to be a bit more promising. Temple has the best all-around defense in the city. They pressure all over the court, and do all the little things that make them from a decent team to a good team. Yet, the only thing they lack is height. Charlie Moore was killing Temple down low, but they did put somewhat of a strain on Josh Phillips throughout the first half. First it was Caleb Skogen who was hitting his shots, then his freshman brother Seth starting lighting it up. Yet, East Ridge was to much and too big. Temple trailed by 7 at the half. I stayed for a little more of the game, but didn't catch the final. If you know the final please let me know. Both teams look like they will have a good season.

East Ridge and Ooltewah hook up at Ooltewah in their new gym on Thursday at 7:30. This game looks to be one of the best early season match ups you will find. Comments on the games tonight and the one Thursday.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy must truly be weak... Ooltewahs varisty didn't even play a full quarter... They played the first 3-4 minutes of the first quarter and the JV took over for the rest of the half. Ditto for the second half, Ooltewahs varsity looks really tough. you better have some good decision makers and ball handlers if you want to keep from turning the ball over a ton against this defense

man east ridge looked very unorganized, they have a ton of athletic talent but they dont use it wisely at all, who did the scoring for temple in the 2nd half, i had to leave at half time and noticed that seth skogen had a really good first half but no one else for temple could really get anything going, but then i guess that all changed in the 4th quarter because i heard they were still down by 10 at the start of the 4th, but then wadley just plain outcoached gottard from what i heard, sounds like a good game, could someone please give me some real details

I happened to be at the game in East Ridge. Temple really stepped it up in the second half of the 4th quarter. They played tenacious defense and really rattled the Pioneers. I believe it was a fella named Cudd and Shawn Wadley who hit two or three threes and from what I remember Caleb Skogan hit one or two outside shots. Wadley was fouled a couple of times and went to the line and made his shots from the charity stripe. This game turned out to be an exciting game at the finish. Temple fans have got to be happy to pull this one out in the Pioneers home gym. What a way to start out the basketball season. You've gotta luv this game.

Edited by oldtimeballer63

I can't believe that the East Ridge Pioneers let Temple come from behind to beat them. I am a bit of a critic, but East Ridge has alot more talent, size, and quickness. But what can I say when they play a team like Temple who D's you up everywhere you go. East Ridge had alot more size, and could have won this game if they would have relized how to use it. Temple's Skogen's and Wadley's (son and Coach) pulled them through this game in amazing fashion. This team would be running on flats if they didn't have these 3. Temple's fan base is great too. I mean they came to East Ridge and were alot louder than the Pioneers home crowd. Even if they did bring the whole High School and half the College. Temple's fans cheer for things as little as hustle, which is awesome, while other fans only cheer when their is a dunk or explosive play. Their team will stand up on the bench after every play or score, you don't see that to often. Temple has some unique fans. Temple didn't have enough size or speed or talent to play with East Ridge, but they had 1 thing that East Ridge didnt. HEART!! They wanted to win that game and they did.

I can't believe that the East Ridge Pioneers let Temple come from behind to beat them. I am a bit of a critic, but East Ridge has alot more talent, size, and quickness. But what can I say when they play a team like Temple who D's you up everywhere you go. East Ridge had alot more size, and could have won this game if they would have relized how to use it. Temple's Skogen's and Wadley's (son and Coach) pulled them through this game in amazing fashion. This team would be running on flats if they didn't have these 3. Temple's fan base is great too. I mean they came to East Ridge and were alot louder than the Pioneers home crowd. Even if they did bring the whole High School and half the College. Temple's fans cheer for things as little as hustle, which is awesome, while other fans only cheer when their is a dunk or explosive play. Their team will stand up on the bench after every play or score, you don't see that to often. Temple has some unique fans. Temple didn't have enough size or speed or talent to play with East Ridge, but they had 1 thing that East Ridge didnt. HEART!! They wanted to win that game and they did.

East Ridge has HEART we just lost that game that's all to it our shots stop falling and their shots started falling it wasn't no pressure on us cause we been through pressure and yesterday that wasn't pressure we just lost but at Ootewah it want be like that I'll be sure of that. :P