Pick your fantasy coach...

big poppa

If you had to pick a coach to take over your program which one would you prefer? Personally, I would have to go with Bowers. Coach Bowers has a knack for getting the most out of his players, even if they are below average athletes. Many will say that he is a product of Flatt and that statement is true. However, there is a cliche that discusses the student teaching the teacher. Any thoughts? I am aware that there are other coaches who deserve to be on this list (Crawford, Pearson, Hatfield) so feel free to make a case for them.

Edited by big poppa

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it wouldn't even be close. If I could pick any coach in the state (or anywhere else for that matter) to take over our vacant job at William Blount, it would be George Quarles of Maryville. #1. He's all about integrity, hard work, and character. #2. He's quite possibly the most innovative offensive mind around on any level.

For me it wouldn't even be close. If I could pick any coach in the state (or anywhere else for that matter) to take over our vacant job at William Blount, it would be George Quarles of Maryville. #1. He's all about integrity, hard work, and character. #2. He's quite possibly the most innovative offensive mind around on any level.

Bowers won three state championships in eight years with a pretty innovative offensive mind.

i'd say the coach i had, ricky bowers. three state championships, 1 runner up, 1 quarterfinal loss to eventual state champions, 1 semifinal loss to eventual state champions, 2 consecutive usatoday top 25 finishes, 32 game win streak, 3 basketball state championships. Coach bowers motivates and instructs his players with the best of them. He runs class programs, and expects his players to do well on and off the field. i wouldn't want to play for anyone else.