NO TEAM 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A CAN BEAT MARYVILLE

fayfay05

but they got lucky with a couple of trick plays

D Wheezie for Sheezie

Since win does a team get lucky and win 4 out of 5 Championships? A trick play is only a trick to a defense who is not prepared. Besides, those "trick" plays are not all that beat you last year. Don't kid yourselves. Maryville wore you down and were able to drive at will in the 4th quarter. Take it or leave it, you just have sour grapes.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fayfay05,

In my humble opinion, Maryville will not win state this year. That is NOT a fact, but I will pick Melrose to knock off whoever they face in 4A. I am not going to bash Maryville because they do have a great team. However, it's no wonder people trash Maryville when certain Rebel fans make such arrogant posts. It's really not fair for guys like Rebelron and others with a certain degree of class. They don't make these types of posts, but they are forced to put up the criticism that arise due to posts like this one.

fayfay05,

In my humble opinion, Maryville will not win state this year. That is NOT a fact, but I will pick Melrose to knock off whoever they face in 4A. I am not going to bash Maryville because they do have a great team. However, it's no wonder people trash Maryville when certain Rebel fans make such arrogant posts. It's really not fair for guys like Rebelron and others with a certain degree of class. They don't make these types of posts, but they are forced to put up the criticism that arise due to posts like this one.

I agree with you 100%

For fun or not, this is a classless thread title. I mean, seriously, even the Oklahoma Sooners wouldn't bother to make such a egotistical statement, and nobody is going to beat them this year.

Well now hold up. I'm an OU fan and personally I would have to say NO TEAM can beat us! :huh:

No, in all seriousness, Maryville has a great program, but that is quite a bold team. Until you step up to 5A, you can't say that with any certainty.

I don't really understand...I was looking at the top 50 rankings the other day and Maryville is still not in them. Teams like Red Bank and several others get into the top 50 because of one good year. Maryville has had 3 in a row and they have dominated 4A Tennessee for several years, so why in the world can they not get into the top 50? I think its close to 40 wins in a row and they are still not in the top 50, I do not understand? Why is it that everyone has this belief that 5A football is the best? It is definitely not, its only the biggest. The classes are not ranked by skill, but by size, so why is it that 5A gets the most respect? I understand that being the biggest usually makes you the best, but I think that 4A can definitely run with 5A. Maryville, Hillsboro, Central, Morristown West, and Melrose could definitely give most every 5A school a run for their money, and they do a lot of times. So why is it that 5A schools in Tennessee have one year of glory and get a top 50 ranking while Maryville has several, atleast 3, years of glory and can't even get their name mentioned as one of, if not the, best team in their state. I am not saying we are the best team in the state, I am mearly saying that if each state gets one school from their state in the top 50...you get the point! Its mind boggling!