NO TEAM 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A CAN BEAT MARYVILLE

fayfay05

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would 2A teams talk smack to 4A teams? I mean, i know that 2A teams have talent, but they are 2A, meaning they don't have the depth to compete with bigger schools. Also, the arguement that Maryville has the option to play up..why don't they?! Is really stupid. First off, who would Maryville play that they wouldn't kill in East Tennessee? Oak Ridge, we beat them in scrimmages every single year, Dobyn's Bennett...we whipped them last year, and I think we did it again this year, William Blount, Heritage, Farragut, South Doyle, Soddy Dasiy, Ootaweh (sp?), Bearden...I don't see Maryville losing. The Best out of the bunch are Soddy Daisy, DB and OR, and Maryville scrimmages, and beats, them every single year. Can Maryville run with Riverdale? I dunno, Maryville tried to get a scrimmage with them last year, but they never showed?! I know 4A in this state, overall, is stronger than 5A is so why do you think that Maryville moving up will hurt them or prove that they are/aren't the best? You know if Maryville moves into 5A, dominates, and doesn't play any of the Super 7 teams then the state will whine that they should move up as a private school and play the Super 7 teams every week!? Its a supid arguement!

You can say what you think, but there is always a good number of 5A teams every year(not always the same teams) that could all beat each other on any given night. About Maryville whipping OR or DB in scrimmages, Whoopti-freaking-do! It's a scrimmage. Games are much different. I'm sure the DB and OR coaches and players put a lot more effort into their regular season games, and especially games in the playoffs than they do scrimmages. No one wants to get hurt in scrimmages, etc. Regular season games and playoffs you don't hold back when you might in scrimmages. Look at the teams that still remain in 5A and tell me that the teams in 4A are better overall? You're a fool if you think so. Maryville is an exceptional team, and I agree they could still likely dominate the east in 5A, but I don't see them dominating the state like they do in 4A. DB and OR will roll over for no one, that's for sure. Maryville will be moving up to 5A likely in the next 3 years or so due to enrollment. Lets just watch and see what happens when they do. If they do dominate 5A the way they are 4A, then I'll eat my words. I can see them going into the playoffs every year, but I can't see them continuing their streak like they have in 4A. I don't mean Maryville any disrespect in any way. They are an outstanding team that is very well coached, but 5A has more teams their level, and possibly above their level. They will remain successful, I have no doubt about that, just not dominant.

MARYVILLE HAS PROVED THAT THEY CAN BEAT ANY TEAM IN ANY CLASS, WHETHER ITS DURING THE SEASSON OR BEFORE.

Then why don't you just move up to 5A next time it comes around time to re-classify, you can always move up in class, but not down, if you are over the enrollment figures. That's all you have to do, then there would be no doubt. I don't know off hand exactly what Maryville's enrollment is but, I'll bet it's not far off 5A right now, the TSSAA has it at 1193, that's not very far at all from 5A now.

Maryville has a good program, there's no doubt about that, but, I don't think that it would be the cake walk that you think it would be, when you start playing Riverdale, Lincoln County, Gallatin, Brentwood, Franklin,Oak Ridge, Dobbins Bennett, Germantown, and the other 5A powerhouses. Oh yeah, you would win many ball games, but it would not be a cake walk.

I have the utmost respect for Maryville's football program, but, it's crap like this that causes people to not respect a team, when their fans get on here and brag about what they can do. And as far as scrimmages, that is exactly what they are a scrimmage, and a good coach plays all kinda different players in different positions to find out what they do best, but some will leave their starters in just to try to make what is a false impression.

Just do that, move up, and then there's no doubt! B)

Falconstatman Posted on Nov 20 - 07:00 PM

Then why don't you just move up to 5A next time it comes around time to re-classify, you can always move up in class, but not down, if you are over the enrollment figures. That's all you have to do, then there would be no doubt. I don't know off hand exactly what Maryville's enrollment is but, I'll bet it's not far off 5A right now, the TSSAA has it at 1193, that's not very far at all from 5A now.

Maryville has a good program, there's no doubt about that, but, I don't think that it would be the cake walk that you think it would be, when you start playing Riverdale, Lincoln County, Gallatin, Brentwood, Franklin,Oak Ridge, Dobbins Bennett, Germantown, and the other 5A powerhouses. Oh yeah, you would win many ball games, but it would not be a cake walk.

I have the utmost respect for Maryville's football program, but, it's crap like this that causes people to not respect a team, when their fans get on here and brag about what they can do. And as far as scrimmages, that is exactly what they are a scrimmage, and a good coach plays all kinda different players in different positions to find out what they do best, but some will leave their starters in just to try to make what is a false impression.

Just do that, move up, and then there's no doubt! 

so , one young kid makes an idiotic post that hardly any MARYVILLE fan agrees with and you and a few others feel the need to come running and puff your chest out ( come to 5A or privates , where the REAL MEN ARE !! LOL) . if you don't want to respect a team because of one or two immature posters ..... that's your right .

Falconstatman Posted on Nov 20 - 07:00 PM

Just do that, move up, and then there's no doubt! 

so , one young kid makes an idiotic post that hardly any MARYVILLE fan agrees with and you and a few others feel the need to come running and puff your chest out ( come to 5A or privates , where the REAL MEN ARE !! LOL) . if you don't want to respect a team because of one or two immature posters ..... that's your right .

It's not that I don't respect Maryville at all. I have plenty of respect for them and their program. I've stated that before. I just don't agree with fans claiming they're the best in the state when they even admit they have no competition in the regular season. 5A is regularly more powerful overall and would offer better competition to such a skilled and well coached team. The fans can brag and irk people all they want about claiming to be the best, but until they prove they either are or aren't by stepping up into 5A, then all that is accomplished by the bragging is a general disrespect for the Maryville fanbase for the few bad apples.

To all Maryville Fans, you guys have had a good run but it is over after tomorrow night.Face it you are not as good as in years past and I don't think your past tradition will get you far with the talent you have.I think you have probably over achieved this year already.Good luck tomorrow night and congratulations on a really fine string of championships,BUT IT IS OVER. Central by at least two touchdowns. Just too many athletes on the field for the Rebs to contend with. Central Bobcat

Central...why so ignorant? Really I mean, the only fans that I dislike are Central fans, the only reason I dislike them is because even after losing they are cocky and give excuses. I mean, the only fans worse are Louisville fans, or maybe UNC or Duke fans. I mean you guys lost the last game, why don't you just shut up and stop talking smack until AFTER YOU WIN?! I mean, thats not such a hard concept is it. Maryville, I think, has earned the right to talk atleast a little smack, but Central, they really haven't. Now before the first game, talking smack there wasn't that bad, but talking smack after losing the first game is pretty sorry!