NO TEAM 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A CAN BEAT MARYVILLE

fayfay05

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone talks like scrimages dont mean anything but if maryville did not dominate the teams that they scrimmaged than they would be in on these posts but they know better. oh by the way the two teams they scrimmaged are about to play in the 5a quarterfinals. why arent there any oak ridge or db people disputing what is being said here. that is because they know better. all this talk about maryville beating anyone in the state comes very easy in a down year. lincoln co. can come on down we will win. i am sorry for speaking the truth i know it hurts. we are just more committed than most places. it matters to us here 24/7. in 2005 (our first year in 5a) when we win the whole thing are you still going to doubt us. i am actually looking forward to then so that usa today will put us not only in the top 25 but in the top 5. say what you want but 37 in a row stands alone.

i like how all the central fans talk about how cocky maryville is and then turn around and pick themselves to win by 2 tds. seriouly....chatt. central wasnt nearly as good last year as they were this year and we played a good game against knox. central...beatin them at the half 7-6....you think you will beat maryville by 2tds?hahahahahahaha.....funny....but not realistic...you MIGHT beat them and if so it wont be by 2 tds...maryville by 10.

GO REBELS.

To all Maryville Fans, you guys have had a good run but it is over after tomorrow night.Face it you are not as good as in years past and I don't think your past tradition will get you far with the talent you have.I think you have probably over achieved this year already.Good luck tomorrow night and congratulations on a really fine string of championships,BUT IT IS OVER. Central by at least two touchdowns. Just too many athletes on the field for the Rebs to contend with. Central Bobcat

And congratulations to you Central Bobcat. Your team FINALLY got past the second round of the playoffs, which is unusual for them. I would rather "overacheive" and be 12-0 then to have all my fans talk about selling state championship T Shirts at Maryville's first game and get pounded like McCallie did to you guys. A lot of the talent you guys have is neutralized by a lack of discipline. And if it is close at the end Central is in trouble, because whether you want to admit it or not they will be saying "oh no here we go again".

“5A is regularly more powerful overall and would offer better competition to such a skilled and well coached team”.

How stupid!

Every time Maryville’s success is talked about the “If you’re so bad, why doesn’t Maryville move up to 5A?” : Losers come out of the woodwork. The main reason Maryville does not move up, if one really thinks 5A is truly a move up, is because there are rules concerning enrollment. Real simple to people who understand rules. Trust me; at the rate the community is growing MHS will soon be in 5A. Big deal! If the tradition, work ethic, athletes continue to be born, the school board continues to support the great coaching staff, Maryville will have little trouble competing with the best that 5A has to offer. Dominance is another issue, but most of you mal-content, jealous wanna-bees would not understand it at any level of competition. Enough of this stupidity.

ALL I CAN SAY IS BRING IT TO THE PIT or better yet how bout we just come to your house and take over

GO LINCOLN COUNTY FALCONS

It's Amazing. They have one great season, and they think they're a bunch of gang busters. Lincoln County fans have thier own game to worry about and not reply to such a moronic topic as this. FayFay should be barred for stupidity. LC fans, how many championships have you won in the last few years???

Drew...ever heard the saying, "Practice like you play?" Well that should go for scrimmages! I don't think anyone ever wants to get hurt, but hey, it happens in football and I think when you're out there playing, no matter what day it is you're going to go 100 percent. Just ask Maryville QB/CB/WR Alex Rouse, who last year tore his acl in the scrimmage against DB. See, our scrimmages aren't unorganized or any of that bull, they are real games more or less, the only difference is that we don't write it down as a W or an L. We scrimmage hard because we want our players ready to play hard. I also think that it would be a sense of pride to scrimmage a team like Maryville and beat them, afterall, no one else has beaten them, but you could say that you did it. For Maryville its a measuring stick to see how good they really are. They run the 1st teams for most the game and then they run 2nd and 3rd strings. They play one another, one 1st team is not playing against someone elses 3rd team. They are done pretty much exactly like games, a lot of people come to see them. Even though if 5A teams are so great, shouldn't they be able to beat little 4A Maryville, even in a scrimmage!? Now if Maryville had lost to those 5A teams then I wouldn't be thinking they were one of the better teams in the state, only in 4A, but they beat two good 5A teams and so I have a little bit of a reason to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Maryville is good enough to run with most the 5A teams.

Well with Rouse getting hurt in the scrimage, it didnt effect us at all. Cade came in there and led Maryville to another title. You people are so scared your teams are gonna get hurt in the scrimage, dont you have any back-up players like maryville did last year?

Hey, many of those Maryville players were only "Back-up's" because they were at Maryville. At Most schools some of these "Back-up's" would be two and three year starters. Some last year seniors, like Teague, Fondell, Killebrew and Gibson who greatly contributed to a 15-0 run and a 3-peat got little notoriety but did a great job in starting roles! This year’s team is no different at MHS as again many of the kids who are called to and have stepped up to fill in this year. TWO DEEP ALL THE TIME!

The funniest thing about this thread is that some idiot Maryville High student wrote it down, probably not intending for this to get so blown out of proportion. And why does it get blown out of proportion? Because every Maryville parent, fan, etc. got on here and saw how people said their team could possibly beat them. So then it escalates to the point where the true Maryville fans' attitudes come out. How many state championships has your school won, and blah blah on and on. How about this, Maryville isn't the best team in Tennessee this year. Oh no, I didn't say it! Could it be true? (I'm being facetious in the last two sentences) But it is true. You guys might win the 4A state championship this year and you deserve all the accolades you get. The Maryville football team and its coaches are a class act that might have the most consistent program year in and year out. Its just that you Reb fans just can't get over the fact that maybe you couldn't dominate in another classification. I think you all would be a great team in 5A. Would you win 3 straight championships? Probably not. But you would be good. My point is, be the better man and stop arguing over stupid facts that can't proven, and lose the egos. Its not you out there Friday nights, its the kids.