Wayne Co. vs McNairy Central

tfranks24

I agree with you TFranks. McNairy Central is big and athletic but the ability to shoot is questionable. They were only up by 8 at the half against a new school out of Jackson that my friend Eric Jones coaches for. I believe that Wayne County were be a little out of sink early on because their football players have had only a few practices. Byrd and Bryant should be able to take care of business tonight.

lions23,

You are wise above all other.

In my opinion, the key to Wayne Co. success is in their defense. I believe Coach Franks will do a good job getting the team ready by the end of the regular season in time for Tournment play. I hope the guys are not too concerned with W's and L's at the beginning of the year. I think the most important thing is they show steady impovement over the course of the year.

Remember, Iverson, you gotta dunk that stuff.

Wc loses by 2.

I must retract my statement about Mcnairy's offense because they shot lights out on us, looking like a completely different team than when I watched them last weekend. Wayne Co. was out of sync from the word go. I hope this does not discourage them. We had guys change postions from last year and it will take a while for everyone to get comfortable in their roles. This loss means nothing. We have loads of talent and will only get better. Just keep your heads up guys.

Justin Bryant was the leading scorer for the Wildcats with something around 17 I think. Sophomore Daniel Doyle had a great game with 10 points coming in and making an impact in his first real varsity game. York, Byrd, and Mosley all had between 4 and 8 points I think. Really a horrible night shooting wise for the Wildcats, a lot of bad fouls early and often really hurt us, plus the fact that McNairy wouldn't miss a shot.

Wc loses by 2.

I must retract my statement about Mcnairy's offense because they shot lights out on us, looking like a completely different team than when I watched them last weekend. Wayne Co. was out of sync from the word go. I hope this does not discourage them. We had guys change postions from last year and it will take a while for everyone to get comfortable in their roles. This loss means nothing. We have loads of talent and will only get better. Just keep your heads up guys.

Blaine Mahaffey is a very good coach, and he's a great guy. I worked with him a couple of years ago at the college level, and I have no doubt that he'll have as good a program as McNairy's quality of athletes allows.

Wc loses by 2.

You guys have to realize also the game was played even on both ends cause McNairy guys had just come in from football also. So please do not make excuses on your loss.