Huntingdon35 Lewis6

anonymousballer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should make it more clear.. i didn't mean they were trying to help you guys.. they were just doing their jobs.. and may i say it was a poor job.. especially for a round 3 playoff game.. but think about it.. any call against a team.. helps the other team.. rather the refs are intentionally doing it or not.. i'm not talking conspiracy theory here.. just that penalizing didn't help LC enough to capitalize on the mistakes made by the referees.

Don,

The officials did not cost McKenzie the game and they did not help Lewis County win vs Huntingdon but you have to admit 9 out of every 10 calls in the last two games have gone in LC's favor. It would be hard for anyone from 6AA to not be skeptical.

My guess is that you could call a penalty on every play if one looked hard enough.

Just wondering, was it the same Memphis bunch that officiated the week before. I would be interested in looking at a couple of tapes from this crew in the regular season to see if the yellow "hankies" favored one team or another.

I was told Auburn. MAN he is a hoss. I didnt realize how big he was till I stood next to him on the field after the game. He has alot of potential and I wish the best of luck to him. As for Lewis County, that was a well fought game although I dont think our offense played the best of games but it doesnt matter, offense...defense...its all THE TEAM itself.

No disagreement with that assesment. I have seen two straight weeks of bad officiating. Believe it or not, I thought the crew from last week versus McKenzie was even worse. I commented on this in depth last week and find it hard to believe how the TSSAA detemrines these assignments? But I can shed some light on tonight....

This particular crew was from the other side of Knoxville.... Knoxville is appx 250 miles from Lewis County. So I am assuming from talking with them that they were somwhere between 270-300 miles from home. Why the TSSAA feels it necessary to ship officials this far to a playoff game is insane.

Second and most importnat point.. this was a not a regular crew that has been working together all year. I assume that they had the right "connections" to advance this far into the playoffs. Three of the officials work as referees during the year and they were calling in spots where they had not called all year, maybe literally in several years. This is unacceptable. A guy who has worked as the head man for say ten years, is not going to do a good job as head linesman or umpire, not matter what anyone might think. Plus, having four different "referees" on the field as officials opens the possibvility of all of them wanting to be the man in charge. Anyways, I think that is where some of the confusion and poor work came from this ebvening.

Yeah he is a hoss. Its crazy, i believe his bench is at 450+ and his squat was over 550 and i think his 40 was 4.4. Thats incredible. He's always been great at every sport he's played. He is an outstanding athlete. He could of put up way better numbers, especially in passing if he were surrounded by a little more than he had. I was just told, but not for sure, that some of the choices is Nebraska, Auburn, MTSU, Vandy, and Tennessee at all kinds of positions. Best of luck to him and Huntingdon. He will be sorely missed here. They should have put him on the defensive side ofthe ball tonight. Who was #19?????

Wannab:

HUntingdon had 14 penalties for 125 yards tonight.. LC had 4 for 50.. Last week, McKenzie had 8 penalties for 89 yards and LC 5 for 30.

Odd thing is that during the regular season, this was an exact opposite. We had some 700 yards in penalties to our opponents 410.. go figure? lol

I was about to say looks like we would have been better off with 5AA or 6AA officials.

Mixing officials would be like asking Sharp, Mansfield, Comer, and Milan's head coach (his name slips me) to coach an all star team. Who would have final say?

This was a tale of two halves. The first half made Huntingdon look very beatable with the only score coming off a little flare pass that, with the help of a few key missed tackles, turned from what should have been a 4 yard gain, into a 50+ yard TD. The only problem with LC's offense was Huntingdon's defense. I agree with one of the posts above...Huntingdon seemed to be in LC's huddle. When it's all said and done, Huntingdon was just a better team. They had size where they needed it and speed, too. The last interception that was run back for a TD, the entire LC offense stopped and made very little effort to keep the kid from scoring, and it was about a 60 yarder. I really don't understand why anyone would come here and bemoan the officiating in a 35 to 6 game. When the spread is 29, there's not much the officials can do, either way.

Huntingdon's QB and the speedy RB were both TINY! Neither one of these guys could have been an eyelash over 5'6" and each probably weighs about a buck forty. Two fast guys in the backfield behind a very big line is bad news for the defense, especially when you're running an offense that uses wide receivers, backs and tight ends as lead blockers...who ever heard of such a crazy idea? :justwrestle:

The freshman fullback is a good athlete and if farther along than his grade. He is far and away the best freshman I've seen this year. However, many of his gains tonight were courtesy of his line gouging holes so big, he could have played hopscotch and still gained 6 yards.

Good luck to Huntingdon. I hope you win it all.

Don, just curious as to why so many of the Lewis Co. fans want to sit on the opponents side. We obviously didn't have enough seats for our fans and were standing along the fence on the visitors side, yet were outnumbered by the Panther faithful. I know it was crowded, but there was room to squeeze in on the other side. That to me says volumes about the attitudes and sportsmanship of the Lewis Co. fans. The band playing during our offensive series was also very unsportsmanlike. It is against the rules, but it's also very low class. We seem to forget this is high school football we're talking about. Why would you try to get an unfair advantage in a high school game?? Let the kids play and holler and cheer all u want, but don't try to get in the game. That's not the way it's supposed to be done.

After all that I had heard from last week and in the past, I'll admit I wasn't sure how we would be treated, but Don, I don't have a complaint about that. On the way out of the statium several people complemented our team. I think what you get on this board alot of times is people blowing of steam from posts from other people. No one has control of the officals so I think that its unfair to say that to anyone. Be gracious in the win, Huntingdon, we still have a big road ahead of us and its called Milan. Thanks Don again for the good post, maybe we'll see you next year.