Huntingdon35 Lewis6

anonymousballer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's settle this the easy way. Ask Goldenboy. He's a reliable source and he's a former Panther Footballl player. So Goldenboy, back when you were pumpin the major iron (bout a year ago), was David not in the mid-400's, around 450 or more?

I'm not even gonna ask bout the 40 because everyone already knows he's really that fast.

The last time I saw him max he got 550 on squat and 425 on bench. That was a year ago so I'm sure he has gone up since then. If they want exact numbers you'll have to ask him or somebody who was on the team this year. I know he's had several schools calling him and wanting him to come play but I don't think he's even close to deciding where to go. I wish him good luck wherever he goes and I do expect to get some tickets. I talked to Bobby a few days ago and he's transferring to MTSU next semester, so I'm kind of hoping Dave goes there and plays with him. I heard some colleges were looking at Chavez and Hull, does anybody know anything about this? :P

goldenboy....i was the middlelinebacker and tailback for the 2001 Mckenzie Rebels. I never said he cant do it, im jus sayin that if he can hes pound for pound one of the strongest guys in the U.S. I mean he could go to UT and be stronger and faster than ANY of their linebackers!! Like i said i take nothin away from the guy, but its hard for me to believe this. I do wish luck to him, and all the graduating seniors in college.

THE LEGEND

Yes, that was a HUGE punt. It was 74 yards. DD181, it is hard to believe. I understand where you're coming from. It's been hard believing it for me too and and I've grown up around him and watched him develop. Maybe you will see him do it sometime, who knows. But I can promise you that he can. He's an outstanding athlete.

Here's a few facts, interspersed with a few comments from a guy who has been on the Panther sidelines for 21 years.... and No I am not that old, I just started really, really early.. heh heh

David Sharp does run a 4.5 fourty, he does bench 450 pounds, it's a fact, not a guess.

Anyone who would blame Coach Sharp for this loss is a bufoon. Huntingdon was physically superior to us in almost every position. Did you watch the same game everyone else did? Coach Sharp gets more out of his team than any coach in the state of Tennessee, period! I would dare ask any Mustang fan to give a true assesment of our talent level? They are being too kind to do so. As far as natural ability, we have very little. While they have backs and receivers running sub 4.7 fortys, we have defensive backs and linebackers who are lucky to break 5 flat.. and that is a fact. Their defensive line was filled with MEN, not age wise but talent wise. #80 was a monster, I guess around 6'4", 270 pounds. Our guard trying to block him is 5'9" and a buck 65.... And let me tell you, that little guard was giving it everything he had every play, but what chance does he have? Huntingdon was incredible on defense! They are the real deal, which brings me to the next comment...

Whoever thinks they don't have a chance against Milan is insane. If you had seen them on film, you would see that they have improved considerably since that first meeting. Moving Donald to FB adds a dimension that was missing in the first encounter.... Personally, I think they will beat Milan, not because I want them to beat Milan (which I do...duh, I would much prefer telling everyone we lost to the state champs.) but I think there are some mental aspects involved that always favors the losing team in a second matchup when the two teams are almost equal in talent. And I think Huntingdon is peaking at just the right time.

As for trying different things on offense? Well, I always hear that debate the week after we finish the season. That's the like the guy who was screaming from our stands to "Throw the Ball"... well, we did and we were picked twice, once for a TD.. And it's hard to throw when the QB is running for his life?

As for us running the ball up the middle all night long, I think you who are stating that are simply remembering the game the way you want to remember it. Our fullback, Marcus Booker who was averaging 21 carries a game during the year, toted that ball up the middle 5 times for the whole game... WHEW! We had 32 carries for 50 yards and were 2 of 13 passing for 10 yards... It seems to me that the Mustang defense was the problem, not anything that the coaches were calling.

And for Greg C and his post about running the draw play, that is actually a good idea, but..... Coach Sharp called it trying to catch Huntingdon napping and the QB checked off at the line of scrimmage and called a trap... Of course, the fans didn't know that and the boo birds came raining down on the coaching staff.

Oh well, at least at this time of year, you find out who those "fair weather fans" truly are.

Good luck Mustangs... and a great season from a bunch of over achieving Lewis Countians who never stopped trying, even in the face of great odds.

1. Here's a few facts, interspersed with a few comments from a guy who has been on the Panther sidelines for 21 years.... and No I am not that old, I just started really, really early.. heh heh

2.And for Greg C and his post about running the draw play, that is actually a good idea, but..... Coach Sharp called it trying to catch Huntingdon napping and the QB checked off at the line of scrimmage and called a trap... Of course, the fans didn't know that and the boo birds came raining down on the coaching staff.

3. Good luck Mustangs...

1. I thought you were really that old, Don? ;)

2. As fast as Huntingdon's defense is, I think that kind of stuff would work or at least make them slow down to watch for it.

3. I'll second that, Good Luck Huntingdon.

I think that donhaney has made some excellent posts in the past two weeks (I'm a Mckenzie Rebel fan). Seems that playoff losses bring out the worst in a lot of folks but I can wade through those posts to get to the really insightful ones! I appreciate the fact that donhaney finally pointed out the true reason that playoff officials do such a pitiful job of calling games. I don't think I have EVER seen fans at any game as bad as some of these posts imply that they are. And, as a former player, I was NEVER bothered by a band playing during a game. High school stadiums are just too open and small for that to happen. I couldn't even hear them playing unless I tried to!

Next, Coach Sharp is one of the best in the business in Tennessee and anyone who would question that is at the very least uninformed!!! He once coached here at McKenzie and learned his most valuable lessons under Coach Tucker at Milan which would lend itself perfectly to the comments made in the paper last week. It sounded JUST like something Coach Tucker would have said!!!!!! Coach Sharp took a team with decent potential and carried them far beyond what they might have been capable of under other leadership. LC had a great season and now maybe all of us can stop fussin' and support the Mustangs on toward the 'boro.

One more thing--------dd181, are your initials JS? Where are you playing now? I saw you at a couple of games this year and thought you were still at Bethel.

Edited by duckman38201