Greenbrier 20 - Crockett County 13

GreenbrierCat2

YESSSSSSSSSS! An awesome ending to an awesome game. Way to go Bobcats!

We are so proud of you. Keep it up.....you can do it.

To the great team of Crockett County, you played a great game. Earnest Williams had us overwhelmed with that first long run and Crockett struck first. But Greenbrier was too much for Crockett and they came back strong.

Hope that Williams is not hurt too bad and he recovers from his injury.

Again, YESSSSS, YESSSSSS, YESSSSSS....Greenbrier is going to semi-finals!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say that in no way whatsoever did Greenbrier "roll" Crockett. It took absolutely everything GB had to pull off the upset in a great game. It was obvious to everyone there who was the better team. Crockett Co. was the better team overall, but GB was the better team on this particular Friday night. Sadly, Friday night was what counted, but congrats from a Cavalier fan to the GB Bobcats. I would just like to add that after watching Williams from Crockett all year, Earnest Williams is definitely superior to GB's Herndon. Herndon is a great player, but Williams is just better, IMO. Again, Crockett was not "rolled" by Greenbrier. In fact, Crockett had two chances late in 4th to make a winning drive, but the Cavs shot themselves in the foot with two fumbles. Great game to both teams, very hard-hitting, exciting game. Congrats to Greenbrier!! Thanks to the Crockett guys for the tailgating!! Great job Cavaliers, WE ARE PROUD!!!!

Edited by westtnobserver1

im just glad none of you guys wrecked, i know it was hard to drive with tears in your eyes..

jshanes Posted on Nov 22 - 02:09 AM

i drove the only rv from crockett county. i drove it to the game to break up the monotony of the long drive. met some nice greenbrier fans, didn't feed any. obviously i didn't meet you.

don't make up stuff to sound tough, you didn't meet us. the drive home was nice.

jshanes Posted on Nov 22 - 02:06 AM

yeah, making your school look bad by calling players punks and talking about kicking some arse, you need to learn a little humility. as far as our team looking bad we have nothing to be ashamed of. we gave it our best effort, nothing to hang our heads about.

gbtsenior Posted on Nov 22 - 02:03 AM

my school look bad? i dont play im just a fan. i think your players made YOUR school look bad by LOSING!!!

jshanes Posted on Nov 22 - 01:53 AM

whatever, gbtsenior. go ahead and make your school look bad. just got home will post my thoughts on this game tommorrow.

gbtsenior Posted on Nov 22 - 01:43 AM

Good job Greenbrier. Send those punk Crockett crybabies packing. I hope you guys feel comfortable in your RVs on the ride home. Thanks for the free food, hate to have to kick your arse after you gave us a good meal. Oh well. See ya next year. Who's next?

i'm sure the greenbrier coaching staff and fans will be very proud of you for your conduct on this thread. have a nice night.

Edited by QueenBee

I won't get involved in the previous battle of words between gbsenior and jshanes, but after seeing the game tonight, I will give the congrats to the Bobcats, and wish the Cavaliers good luck next season.

I will add, that in my OBJECTIVE opinion, and the agreed opinion of a few friends that attended with me, I did not see the Cavaliers that I expected tonight. Everyone could debate the strength of schedule issue, but after browsing Coacht and seeing that Crockett is 36th in their strength of schedule compared to Greenbrier's 11th place in strength of schedule, I can better understand the 12-0 rank. Looking at the scores that Crockett has had this season, it appears that Page and Greenbrier are the toughest opponents the Cavaliers have faced. It was very obvious that the Cavaliers were feeling the pressure by the end of the game.

Not taking anything away from the big plays Crockett had tonight, they have some extremely good players. Again, I am sure the replies will fly when I disagree that Williams was the better athlete over Herndon. Yes, Williams gained yardage and the Bobcats missed the opportunity to wrap him up, but Herndon took hits and delivered hits and was still clicking at the end of the game. Yes, the Bobcats were gained the advantage of the two fumbles, but they also lost yardage from holding calls and still came out on top. There were two holding calls that several of us non-Greenbrier observers saw that were not called on the Cavaliers.

Again, these things are just what I and several observers saw, Who's better, has the best record, has the better running back or whatever can be debated til the cows come home. What counts in the records is what the outcome is. And with that, congratulations to the Bobcats for a well-deserved trip to the state semi-finals. You are one determined team.

I'm very proud of you (BOBCAT TEAM) (COACHES) (FANS) what a great night for Greenbrier football. Bobcats you played a heads up, hard hitting, clean ball game, and deserved to win the game.

I wish the best for Williams, there's no doubt He's a great running back, and I'm sure He will play a lot more football in the near future.

Also I saw that Clint Russel was having problems after the game, I pray that he is OK.

WAY TO GO BOBCATS :justwrestle: :o

Wow!!!!!! What a great night it was last night. CONGRATS BOBCATS!!! You did it! :justwrestle:

GBTsenior, I know who you are, I kinda figured you'd put something like that. I know how you feel, you're so excited our school finally accomplished something this big (besides our softball team winnin state) but man, please don't make Greenbrier fans look bad. Crockett gave us a hard ball game to win. GBTSENIOR, you know I love you, but please no more bad stuff aight?

As to you Cav fans, you guys have a great ball team. RV guys, thanks for the hotdog, you guys were very nice to talk to. The lady I spoke with after the game, you were very nice as well, I don't believe I have any compliants about yalls fans being rude or mean. Yall have a great program and I wish you guys luck next year.

I hope Williams recovers from his injury. And just to update the GB fans on "RussellMania" he is home and doing alright. I went to visit him at the hospital last night, they released him and said no contact till Friday, hopefully that wont stand!!

Again, CONGRATS to the bobcats!!! Looking forward to next week!!!!!!!! :o