Boyd vs. CAK

bucsfan

I have to admit CAK can not be horrible if they have made it to the forth round. You have to have shown some sort of skill, there is not that much for a wild card team to have. But the fact is that they get the luck to keep the other team from scoring, in the end. I agree with other post made saying that CAK will not be able to hold up with such a high caliber team as Boyd. For on thing Boyd should have been ranked higher then South Pitt. before their last meeting. The people that rank the schools do not relize that Boyd lost to bigger, better schools. Baylor was our first loss. That shows alot of skill to be able to hold your own against that size school. The final score of that game was 6-10, if I am not mistaken. I feel that Boyd will be victorious in this meeting. We might have allowed SP to score this last game, but we had public school refs and that was shown. You almost never hear of chop blocks called on the defense, and the first turnover of sp, the ball was given back to them for that call. So the next game should be a little more fair because there are no public schools for the refs to favor. I pick Boyd, just not sure by how much, more then 14.

You're absolutely right. It's obvious to me that talent, heart, coaching, and skill have nothing to do with CAK's success, it was complete luck. Your post is what is known as bulletin board material, thank you.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've got it exactly right bubba61. theresno way it has to do with talent, coaching, skill or HEART. there is no way ateam like cak could make it here on those things. its got to be more like they've made it to the 4th round playoffs on luck. its not like they are good. they've got no heart and no skill and no ability to win. they just get lucky. does that make alot of sense to any one out there? cause it sure as heck doesn't make any sense to me. if you havn't noticed these boys on the cak team have got the will to win. they want it more than anything else in their lives right now. and thye will give there all toget it. so i dont think you can just write this next game off. boyd is a great team. you can give boyd the advantage. but you think it makes a darn bit of difference to me or any one of the cak warriors. it sure doesn't.

BigChow,

My son is a Warrior through and through

Although at football he's sort of new

He was on the sidelines last Friday night

Serving the team like the woman in John 4:7

Flossie,

What the guy said on the Tribute thread is true - confession & forgiveness is the answer. Proverbs 16:6 & 1 John 1:9. Since this a football thread rather than a preaching thread - BB lost (twice?) during the season so they must not be invincible. What vulnerabilities do you see in their game?

ATY,

I know at least something about the authority of the Name I'm speaking about in these posts. You might want to consider that part of the mission is to place that Name and mindset before those that don't know Him. I'm sorry I misunderstood you in the other post - I'm pretty old and sometimes I get confused easily, especially when trying to digest what two or more people are saying at the same time.

I really like those Warriors this Friday night. Look for the Slingshot offense to come out early moving the ball right on down the field. Since BB is a Christian school, maybe they won't hold, grab, bite, and head slap Yoakley as he's trying to run his routes like Cloudland, Midway, and especially "the Nation" tried to do. I'm hoping the refs will be watching for this stuff early so we can have a hard fought but clean game. All you Warrior fans out there need to-pray-more that the Ultimate Warrior will rule and reign in this matchup, regardless of the outcome.

GOooooooo WARRIORS

You will not have to worry about those sort of things with Boyd. We can show some class to the other team. Unlike South Pittsburg. This past friday before the game even started, the south Pittsburg coach and quaterback came to the middle of Boyds field and spit on it. Then at the end there were about 15 to 17 players who walked straight off the field and did not shake hands. This just shows the type of teams that Boyd has delt with.

I have to admit CAK can not be horrible if they have made it to the forth round. You have to have shown some sort of skill, there is not that much for a wild card team to have. But the fact is that they get the luck to keep the other team from scoring, in the end. I agree with other post made saying that CAK will not be able to hold up with such a high caliber team as Boyd. For on thing Boyd should have been ranked higher then South Pitt. before their last meeting. The people that rank the schools do not relize that Boyd lost to bigger, better schools. Baylor was our first loss. That shows alot of skill to be able to hold your own against that size school. The final score of that game was 6-10, if I am not mistaken. I feel that Boyd will be victorious in this meeting. We might have allowed SP to score this last game, but we had public school refs and that was shown. You almost never hear of chop blocks called on the defense, and the first turnover of sp, the ball was given back to them for that call. So the next game should be a little more fair because there are no public schools for the refs to favor. I pick Boyd, just not sure by how much, more then 14.

Last time I checked, blocking below the waist was making initial contact below the waist.

By definition the hands are always above the waist for enforcement of this rule. Film shows that the first turn over was indeed given back to SP on, at best, a very questionable call.

But, that is over and, in the end, it did not hurt.

Let's look forward and not trash past officials.

I dont think Cinderella ( CAK) will make it to the ball just yet because this week boyd comes to town. Congrats to cak for making it this far u have proved me wrong the last 3 weeks... but not this week. boyd is on a diferent level than cak. Im sorry but Boyd will win.

Boyd 41

Cak 10...if that much

CAK has done very well and should be proud of how far they have gone, but I don't think they can score against Boyd unless due to being so far ahead Boyd puts in their second string and allows CAK to maybe score. This in no way is meant to belittle CAK accomplishments this year it is I believe just the facts of the situation. Boyd controled SP very well and I think SP is a much better team than CAK.

You will not have to worry about those sort of things with Boyd.  We can show some class to the other team.  Unlike South Pittsburg.  This past friday before the game even started, the south Pittsburg coach and quaterback came to the middle of Boyds field and spit on it.  Then at the end there were about 15 to 17 players who walked straight off the field and did not shake hands.  This just shows the type of teams that Boyd has delt with.

I think that is an outright lie and I'll tell you that to your face. Ron Cook nor Coach Grider spit on Boyds field. You need to quit spreading like that. I doubt if you were even there.

Edited by robjim

I will believe God is CAK's 12th man if they finish within 28 points of Boyd-Buchanan. And what if they play Donelson Christian Academy? Will it now be 11-on-11? Don't forget, the coach at Boyd is a devout believer. If Boyd does indeed blow CAK out in this one, what does that represent spiritually?