Riverdale 19, Lincoln County 13

TDCman

What a great stadium for high school football

I would love to see the clinc bowl played there for the championship.

The college stadiums are too big and take something way from the high school game.

I know it will never happen but man what a place for a game the bowl effect holds in the crowd noise and it makes for an intense enviroment.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Riverdale!!! They did what they had to do to win. They contained Edmiston and shut down Gregory, while at the same time they played great ball control. I agree with a few earlier posts, the variation of plays LC called was limited. I guess the thinking was to go with what's worked all year. Against a well coached and talented team like Riverdale, it seems that it would have been good to throw in a few new wrinkles, but that's hindsight....and LC has some great coaching.

Well after the game Friday I had to go to the in-laws in Knoxville so this is the first time I have gotten on the PC!

Congradulations Riverdale!! I hope you take the STATE!!

Great game plan 1st half keeping the Falcon offense off the field!I thinkthat was key in the victory!!MISTAKES by the Falcons hurt bad way bad!!Can't do that agianst a good team(RIVERDALE is GOOD!)Josh Gregory's inability to run the ball had gotten more apperent over the last few weeks and Riverdale's Defense made sure they shut him down!Speed Riverdale has it!I have said all year I believe in #1 Gaston Miller!HE is fast!great game I really believed the Falcons still had a chance down to the very last minute AND THEY DID!!!

THE Warriors steped up and stopped them! I have loved every minute of these messages boards this year and all you great guys I have had the oppurtunity to chat with!Oakland2001 Don't forget let's get together and try to coach this year!

Congradulations Falcons!! I am sorry the season had to end there!!

LOVE THOSE FALCONS!!!

Edited by stumpman13

Guest region4fan

Yes, Riverdale lost 2 out of 3 of their non-region games this year. They beat CPA in their season opener. They were again undefeated in our region. I forgot what the streak is but they have not lost a regular season region game in several years. They have tradition on their side, as well as, great depth.

Thanks Falcon fans for the kind words to me. I really admire your team, coaches, school, stadium, and fans. What a wonderful atmosphere! I wish we could have the same at Oakland! I know the kids are proud of all of you and your support of them this season.

What a rivalry! That was an awesome football game! Congrats Warriors! You earned that victory over the Falcons! To all the Falcons: You had a heck of a run, you have nothing to be ashamed of! PERFECT in the regular season!!! WOW! Not to mention, TWO Mr. Football Nominees!!!! To Coach Louis Thompson, you sir are a winner. I appreciate all your hard work and your dedication to those kids...on and off the field. Your staff is awesome. I don't know what your plans are for next season Coach Thompson, but we want you back! We love you and can't wait until next season! Good Luck Riverdale. I know #77 for the Warriors very well, and I wish him ALL the best!!! Thanks for a great season FALCONS!!!!