who yah takin Oakridge or Riverdale?

oaklandfballer

Thank you for taking up for my point region4fan and fhsrebebel...I want my Riverdale warrior buddies to do well...I have several old or new friends on there like phillip thomas and such others...I want this to be a good game and yes blood is thicker than water...i'd like to know who u r if u dont mind...apreciate it...I want both teams to suceed and do well i wanna see a good game

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Riverdale, but I have seen Oak Ridge twice.

And for 3-1/2 qtrs out of 8, the Wildcats played as good as any HS Football Team I have ever seen. I don't know what type of Offense Riverdale uses, but, if it is not a passing game, forget it! OR will stop the run. The only way to beat OR with your offense is to pass over it and under it. Use there speed against them. But, that is not easy to do. I saw the Wildcats D get played that way back in Sept by DB, but DB has a terrific passing game, maybe the best in the State.

I got a stat for ya..OR gave up 4 turnovers @ DB in the 1st half... But only trailed 17-7 @ the half. The Wildcats got the opening KO and scored on a nice long drive, FORCED 4 Turnovers in the 2nd half and, a so, a there ya go. They dominated the 2nd half against a team that had done the same thing to them in Sept. and OR did it on the road.

I would give anything to make my 1st ever game @ OR be this game, but...Holidays, Kids..... I can't make it.. BUT I have seen the pictures on CoachT...

It must be SPECIAL to be an OR FAN @ HOME!!!

I adopt the Wildcats as my #2 all-time team...

AND THEY ROLL AT HOME

OR 35

RD 17

GIDDY UP!!!

It seems that this years team is very relaxed in terms of the coaches and players. When you are expected to win you find yourself being more conservative as you don't want to lose it. The fleas flicker was a sign that is not the case with this staff. Great job. Play your hardest and let it all out on the field.

A loose Riverdale Squad takes the Ridge over just like the Pit

Just don't drink the water guys

;) I think I now have all the pics worth viewing from the OR/DB game in the photo gallery. The last set was loaded after 11pm on Monday night so they will not be available until after 9am on Tuesday. I hope DB fans enjoys the pics as well!

Time to get the old camera ready for a a long time lost rivalry between Riverdale and OR this Friday on the 'Ship!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL! :)

After doing a little review of the OR season (thanks to The Oak Ridger archives), it confirms what I already suspected. OR is a loaded team with a lot of weapons. Lots of production from the FB and TB, with the QB running and passing effectively as needed.

Booker has about 5,000 yards for his career? That is pretty amazing. When he was out another kid steps up and they don't miss a beat...very impressive.

Guilmire keeps everyone honest up the middle while Booker prepares to kill you on the corner.

This game is definitely going to be strength against strength.

Mistakes, special teams, penalties, and whichever team gets the most from their passing game will likely decide this one. I expect a very low-scoring, field position type game.

Riverdale 16, OR 13

Hey, if its any consolation, negativism against coaches isn't just isolated in OR. I was at the AE-Fulton game and when Stanton called the pass play that was intercepted near the end (that gave Fulton another shot in regulation) the fans went crazy on him. They started talking about all the bad calls he had made in previous games, that he was a sorry coach. This just goes to show you that you're only as good as your last call or last game. Fans will jump on the bandwagon when your winning, but watch your back when you're losing. And it doesn't matter if you're 12-0. What have you done for me lately? So coaches grow some thick skin and get used to it. Congratulations to Coach Lussier and his staff and team on a great year.

oaklandfballer, what position did you play? Phillip was with me on the o-line last year, and i was number 66. big phil is pretty good, and he had a heck of a game against lincoln county last week.

i would expect that you can throw out home field advantage in this one, based on the fact that riverdale beat the number one team in the state at the hardest place in 5a to play, "the pit".

our boys will show up, and when that final buzzer goes off, i hope our boys are on their way back to mtsu for a chance at a fourth state title.

Good luck to both teams

This war will be won in the trenches. Dig deep warriors.

Region4fan, thanks for your input. I have no doubt that region teams pull for each other, however what I question is OaklandFBaller stating without hesitation that he would root for blood (his cousin plays for Oak Ridge) over water (in this case a region 4a foe, Riverdale.

I would like him to respond to his response to the question of "Who he would root for if Oak Ridge played Riverdale?"

I guess he decided to go back on his initial decision of rooting for his cousin. That is fine, but I think he should have thought before answering. I know I will remember his answer and so will other family members.

So OaklandFBaller, what is your response? Go Wildcats!

Hey OaklandFballer,

I was wondering, are you still thinking about how you are going to respond to my post?

I didn't want you to forget. ;)

I look forward to your reply.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

By the way, enjoy sitting on the visitors side!