Wildrebel06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From The Web

Written By Mr. Douglas Fritz

Press Sports Writer, Johnson City Press 11-24-03

It was an expected end for Greeneville, which had trouble matching up with the exceptional depth of the Trojans. In fact, some observers think West has a decent shot at ending Maryville’s three-year run of Class 4A state championships. West lost to Maryville 14-6 earlier this season, but had its chances to win the game.

And this week’s semifinal meeting will be held in Morristown, giving the Trojans a slight advantage that could produce an upset.

Another factor in West’s favor is the fact that Maryville is coming off its second three-point win over rival Knoxville Central. The Rebels, who defeated Central 27-24 in the regular season and 28-25 on Friday, may have felt their path to the state championship game was paved with that win. And that could lead to them overlooking West.

This guy really thinks Maryville overlooks teams. I agree with one of the above posts, If MorrWest was a good team they would have beat the houndcrap out of any team who gave them the ball six times in turnovers. Maryville may have played Knox Central close, but make no mistake KCentral is a allot better Football team than MoreWest is in my opinion. Maryville will be ready. sillyfloat you have no shame and you must be a real piece of work. I do thank you for pulling for MoreWest, it makes us all relaxed with this game. Bring your long handles!

KenHawk,

You make some good points. However, when's the last time you've seen any game where both teams played their best game possible on the same night? It just doesn't happen that often.

As for mareville's schedule being tougher, it may appear to be so on paper but closer examination reveals that's not the case. On the whole, region 3-4A has had a down year. Central was not as good defensively this year as they have been in years past. Powell, West, Halls, and Carter all were middle of the pack teams and mareville got by without playing it's best ball. That's going to catch up to you sooner rather than later when you get in the playoffs. Finally, mareville didn't need the "junk" plays, as GQ calls them, last year until the finals. This year they needed them to get by Central.

Rebelsman, a mareville lady who goes by Mrs. rebelsman taught me how to spell trojans -- interesting.

Gillyboat,

I've NEVER seen a game where both teams played their best possible game on the same night. That's why I feel safe making my prediction.

Rebelsman,

I'm afraid Gillyboat got you on that one. Just punt and play defense.

Rebelsman, apparently Gilly didn't know that Ms. Rebelsman spent 8 years gettin' her doctorate from the University of Southern California. If you're out there that long then even I, with with my Knottsvul educashun, could spell trojuns...well maybe not.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

From another post of the goats

"Does it really matter if they were high fiving? I could care less if they were high fiving, low fiving, or swapping slobber. If I were in their shoes I would have been somewhere close to the mareville coaches and players pointing and taunting them while pointing at the scoreboard and moondogging in the endzone. That always worked well for me when I was coaching."

You are right it does not matter if the coaches were high five'n, I agree. One must point out that there was little high five'n going on 3 min into the 3rd qtr.

Personnelly, I do not like any type of taunting and when I was coaching would bench a kid for it in a heart beat. The rules are too lax in this area in my view in today's game at many levels. Coaches should be ashamed for allowing this to occure. By the way I seriously doubt you were a coach above pee-wee level and should keep comments to the game in question. Maryville does what it needs to do to win games and there is no shame in any play a coach calls and the kids excute for an advantage. This why Maryville's Program has been successful, it excutes brilliant plays called by a brillient coach, in GQ!

If Maryville again shows this big crowd in Morristown what a heart of a champion looks like the prgram will never lose the real battle. The game is simple.

Hey boyz!

Well starz and rebelsman...if silly goat wants football that's what he is going to get. I think GQ will run X-8, Z trail and score on the first play from scrimmage. I think the trojans will be in a cover 2 and that Cade will read the safety. If he bites on the X receiver then Cade will lay it up to Tyler for the Touchdown Rebels! If he stays with the outside receiver then Clement will catch it underneath, break two tackles and score!

Silly goat if you need help decipherin' this...then come to the Red Rebel Recruitin' Seminar...or better yet, come to Thanksgiving dinner up at Nebo!

Love you boyz!

:D

all right here we go the game i have been waiting for my whole life maryville has said that they "turned the ball over 6 times" in the first that is because mo west forced you to turn the ball over at least 5 of those mo west turned the ball over 4 times and couldn't execute in the red zone their o-line have not only improved they have been one of the strongest groups on the entire team this is our year its time

MORRISTOWN WEST-21

MARYVILLE-7

Suzie,

Yall gonna have any possum up there on Nebo this thanksgivin? I heard the possums supposed to be purty good this year. Pappy done already found one flat as a pancake on tuckaleechee pike and put it in the freezer so it'll keep til thursday.

Tru, don't pick to hard on Suz's family. I'm takin' my turkey fryer up on the mountain and they can throw's enythang they want in there, with one exception.

Them Townsend cousins of her's throwed in a pole cat last Thanksgivin' and I'll have no more of that.

Go Rebs.

Them Townsend cousins of her's throwed in a pole cat last Thanksgivin' and I'll have no more of that

I ain't picken on her, I'm serious. Were gonna have us a good ole blount county Thanks givin. But youre right, you gotta watch them townsend boys and them walland fellers also.

MORRISTOWN WEST-21

MARYVILLE-7

Even if MoWest does win, they won't hold maryville to 7 points.

Hey boyz!

Boyz, you can come on up to the home place and throw anything in Starz fryer except two things...me and starz!

Starz...my girlfriends Yvette Herzbrun and Jan Murr didn't used to run around with you did they?

Oh Jan married that star studded NewsSensless reporter Mark Burgess, I believe. Anyway if you know any of them or if you maybe will see one or two of them over the holidays...have them come on up too!

Momma always loved my girlfriends too! They could gossip with the best of them.

By the way, do you think silly goat liked this post or the football post better?

Love you boyz!

:angry: