Maryville v.s. Morristown-West

Wildrebel06

You people seem to not get the hint what so ever.....When these two teams played early in the season running back chris mccord was only about 60 % healthy from a hamstring injury. The team also played the worst it possibly could have played with 6 turnovers. Now in any game you have ever seen who wins with 6 turnovers. If morristown was any good they would have beat the living crap out of someone that had 6 turnovers. As for this friday maryville will breeze through this one. We have played two of the toughest teams in the past two weeks that maryville has faced in a LONG time. Morristown plays weak competition. We saw that when they played half way decent competition they lost..... CLEVELAND, MARYVILLE, JEFFERSON COUNTY... The rest of the teams on there schedule ive never heard of....DAVID CROCKETT, VOLUNTEER, SULLIVAN SOUTH....Give me a break....LOOK OUT MORRISTOWN WERE COMING TO END YOUR SEASON TOO!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against Greeneville, West had 54 runs and one pass. That will be hard to do against a real good team because if you do not have balance you are asking for trouble. If West gets behind by more than a touchdown this game could get real ugly. What is the best way to get to the stadium from Bristol?

You know these posts should really be used for constructive analysis of the game at hand. Does anyone really know for sure who will win this game? I don't. As usual here are some things to consider. Turnovers and penalties. Who commits them and who doesn't. Execution on offense. I do think Maryville plays in a tougher region than Morristown, and also has played tougher teams in the playoffs thus far especially when you look at the score from the Knox Central and Greeneville game which were each team's respective opponents in the semi finals last week. Morristown West has home field. Should be a very competitive game and in all reality what has happened earlier in the season is minimal at this point. Success and experience in big games gives Maryville a slight edge.

Hey boyz!

Starz you without a doubt are the most thoughtful beau I have ever had! You are far from the only beau though! You know what they say...beau knows Susie!

Mammy still has the plainter wart! Deddy clips the hair for her ever now and agin! But you know how she is...purty is as purty does!

Them fairlyclose veins is givin' her trouble lately! She is gettin' up in age you know...Suzette was born when she was 35, and Suzette is in the 8th grade now...so you do the math!

I hate them fairlyclose veins...she's got some bouts with acute angina too.

She still has a warm spot for you in her heart! She always said, you'd amount to somethin' and that I needed to holt on to you! I know she's right too...why I bet in 20-30 years you will own one of them trucks...or better yet have you name painted on the side along with "I love MURVUL!"

If any of you Central fans need me to do some 'splainin' on some of the meanings of this...just give me a shout!

Love you boyz!

:)

P.S. Starz...don't take time away from your family on Thursday. If you can't sneak over like normal, I'll just see you on the weekend...same time, same place!

Suz, believe me that is a not a plainter wart. I can see the the little seed in hit. Planely a seed wart if I've ever saw one. Don't make me no nevermind though, mammy is a good'un.

Suz, I'm goin to get Rebelsman to help me get a wrecked Hummer. I'll rebuild hit and it'll be the Cadillac of single axle garbage trux. The cuttin' torch and welder is ready to start.

transplant good to see you chime in. Lookin' forward to a good game Friday nite.

Go Rebs.

CoachT or any mods looking at this stuff -- I have one question for you. Does this crappola have absolutely anything to do with high school football? Please set up a board reserved only for these 2 and keep these boards clean of their nonsense. The rest of us want to have meaningful, constructive discussions on upcoming football games. Go Trojans!

Your integrity and humility just overwhelms me gillyboat. I know how constructive and classy you are. Always positive and supportive of teams you have cheered for all year. (Who taught you how to spell Trojans? Oh yea...)

Suz and STARS, yuns' better cut hit out. Gillyboat is a-complainin' bout yourn's whimsicle nonsense.

How do yuns' thank thu sofmores will do this week? Thar, thars sumthin bout' football.

I'll get that used HUMMER ready. I got me a little one owner that Mammy drove to church on Sundays and to Buddy's IGA on Friday and to git her hair dun. Hits a niceun with only 376,000 miles on hit. We'll make hit to you for a very reasonable price.

If both Morristown and Maryville play their absolute best game possible, Maryville wins by at least 10. Short of that, anything could happen.

From a player's or coach's mind set, confidence is knowing you can win. Overconfidence is believing that the other team can not win.

I am neither a player nor a coach in this game, so it doesn't really matter if I am confident or overconfident. But, rest assured, GQ will make sure that his team respects Morristown West's very good squad. I believe the Rebels are confident, not overconfident. They are certainly talented. I know they will be well prepared. I think that Maryville will play its 4th straight Class 4A state championship game next week.

KenHawk,

You make some good points. However, when's the last time you've seen any game where both teams played their best game possible on the same night? It just doesn't happen that often.

As for mareville's schedule being tougher, it may appear to be so on paper but closer examination reveals that's not the case. On the whole, region 3-4A has had a down year. Central was not as good defensively this year as they have been in years past. Powell, West, Halls, and Carter all were middle of the pack teams and mareville got by without playing it's best ball. That's going to catch up to you sooner rather than later when you get in the playoffs. Finally, mareville didn't need the "junk" plays, as GQ calls them, last year until the finals. This year they needed them to get by Central.

Rebelsman, a mareville lady who goes by Mrs. rebelsman taught me how to spell trojans -- interesting.