Should the TSSAA be embarrassed now?

MarkH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um, yea!! T$$AA football is basically silly. The fact that a MS team has a championship is just an ! to that. 8 divisions is a joke, but we all know who to blam for that -- Vador. However, if the T$$AA could maintain control of its schools and attempt to be a voice of reason, we wouldn't have this problem.

um, yea!! T$$AA football is basically silly. The fact that a MS team has a championship is just an ! to that. 8 divisions is a joke, but we all know who to blam for that -- Vador. However, if the T$$AA could maintain control of its schools and attempt to be a voice of reason, we wouldn't have this problem.

Is Arkansas in the Southeast? No...Then why are they in the SEC? Why is La Tech in the Western Athletic Conference? Association is not simply decided by geography or what region you are in...SBEC is closer to Memphis schools than they are to MS schools...Their membership has nothing to do with the "T$$AA" as you call it. If anything, TSSAA probably lost money on the Class A Clinic Bowl.

You guys need to back off of the TSSAA...unless you can back up your claims, which I seriously doubt that you can. Some people justa ren't satified with anything these days...TSSAA does have control Panfan...and they are trying to moderate between all these whinig coaches and administrators to keep this state from making a rash decision it will just regret later...

I disagree. SBEC used to be me in Memphis and then they moved their campus JUST across the border into Southaven. I'm sure some, if not a lot, of those guys live in Tennessee. They had been playing the TN teams before that. The only problem I see arising out of this is the question of what do you put on your ring? Congratulations to SBEC!

Non-Tennessee schools are not allowed in the TSSAA. However, an exception was made for SBEC since the school was originally in the TSSAA when it was located in Tennessee. SBEC had land in Mississippi and moved right across the street/state line into Mississippi and the Board of Control granted membership. They would probably to the same for any TSSAA school that MOVED to another state, I guess.

They wated to leave Tennessee so leave. SBEC should play in Miss... So what the tssaa is saying is that a player moves out of state say around the border they should get to play for a school in Tennessee. :P  MONEY  that's what is all about.

I don't really see the big deal. There used to be a Tennessee team playing in one of the two Mississippi Associations because they were right on the border. Plus, it's DII for Pete's sake! They need all the teams they can get to make their Division work out! Maybe they'll have about 18 more teams in 2005? B)

I think the reason why SBEC moved into MS is b/c they are associated with a church. The church moved, thus the school moved. It is a nice campus that they moved to. They were participating in the MS Private school division. But they were spending so much money in travel. I beleive their nearest region opponent was over a hour and a half away. Every away game in very sport, unless they were going into Memphis, was a long trip. SBEC is right across the line, only 10 minutes from Bishop Byrne.

ok, they moved for a church. they moved across the street. ok ok. Bottom line, they are in MS and shouldn't be allowed to play in T$$AA, period. That isn't to take anything away from the win. I give them all the congrats in the world for a job well done. But, they should play MS.

Look, if just over the border is ok, then what about 5 miles. What about 10.. 20 .. 30? Just use the borders of the state. simple.

ok, they moved for a church. they moved across the street. ok ok. Bottom line, they are in MS and shouldn't be allowed to play in T$$AA, period. That isn't to take anything away from the win. I give them all the congrats in the world for a job well done. But, they should play MS.

Look, if just over the border is ok, then what about 5 miles. What about 10.. 20 .. 30? Just use the borders of the state. simple.

Panfan, that is the most backward logic....

Talk about stupidity, What about all the private schools whose players come from other states. If the TSSAA is going to let students participate within the association who are not even residents of Tennessee, there is no argument for where the school is, period. Not only are these students participating in division II, there are probably participating in some division I private schools. There is no argument for this school not to be able to participate in TSSAA.