McMinn Central

hobbit87

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we stop this madness between CHS and McMinn? We all know JuJuan is awesome, but Central is very talented also. They are not the best team we've ever had, but so far this year, they have found ways to win. Right now, our sophomores are playing great. They are practically leading the team right now. JuJuan vs. Beau is what the game is going to come down to unless other players from the teams start to step up.

P.S: Why do you continue to talk about our football team. The season is over (thank God) and now we have a sport that we actually excell in.

Central is good. But some of the credit has to go to Asst. coach Joe Young. He is a Great Coach. We all hope he will be given a chance to take the team when Coach Morgan retires.

I saw joe coach a few year ago and was not impressed at all. He has to many demons. He is like another coach from the same area that had the same problems and now coaches no more. That will be joe one of this days but I hope not but he can not be patience with a team that has not got talent or slow to learn. All teams can learn in takes some longer than others.You have to learn to bite your tongue because in can kill a team.

I watched Joe Young back in his YMCA days as well as Athens Junior High. The AJHS parents were very upset when he left the city and went to a county school. He is intense, but there is not a coach in this area that is not. Have you watched McMinn's two assistants? Intense is definitely the word, when a Cherokee is getting chewed everyone in the gym can hear those two. Sounds like a disgruntled parent, the word "demons" lays open to much speculation. All coaches that I have ever seen are prone to make embarassing or chewing out comments that make parents in the stands cringe. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

By the way Peaceoff and mbuckley, be careful what you say about central football. How many winning seasons has McMinn boys had in the last ten years???? One, maybe two. I was there during the 6-20, and 8-11 years, not a lot of fun. Jujuan is good and a lot of fun to watch, but the last few games is getting frustrated at double teams and held to 8 points. Ronnie McMahan was outstanding even in double defense.

Hey...ok...all of the Jujuan stuff needs to be transferred to the boys basketball boards. This is the girls, and it is not needed on this board. There is no need for any of it on this board. If you are gonna talk about the Central/McMinn Girls, fine, but otherwise, don't put it on here!! And this is the basketball board, so why are you all arguing about football? That is another board also!

I once again would like to apologize for the references made to Jajuan Smith that have started an unbelievable amount of of discussion on the Girls board. I am sorry. I would like to point out that blackandgold has made some wonderful points about both Jajuan and Joe Young. Intensity is oftentimes a necessity in basketball, and the term "demons" is far too harsh for a man who shows emotion on the court. There are FEW parents and players who dislike Joe Young's coaching style because he is devoted to his duty as a coach, spending a great deal of time, year-round, building the young players not only of the feeders of McMinn Central, but the entire area.

I have personally played for Coach Young, and yeah, he's a hard coach, but he is so devoted, and will work with any player on a personal level to make them the best player they can be. He is not only a great coach, but also a great person who I enjoyed playing for. If you haven't played for him, I don't think you can say what kind of coach he is, because all you know is what you've seen. He is an excellent coach, with talent or without. Any school would be lucky to have him as a coach. Yes, he is a huge part in Centrals success over the past two years and the team would not have been the same without him. So don't judge people unless you really know. Coach young does a great job.

I have to agree with the previous two responses, Joe Young is a great coach. So is coach Morgan. Both have college playing experience and both are completely devoted to basketball year round. Not many other schools can boast a coaching tandem so highly qualified. That said, the reason for McMinn Central's succes doesn't sit on the bench, it brings the ball up the floor. Fallon Lee is one of the best basketball players I have ever seen. I have been able to see her play once this year and she is definetly the best point guard in the state. As Fallon goes so does Central.

I agree with you peaceoff20, Fallon Lee is a very good ball player, and is one of the best point guards in Tennessee. But you can't just say the team revolves around Fallon, because they have got 3 very solid guards in Fallon, Jennifer Patterson, and Honna Housley. They are all three deadly from the three point line, quick, and unselfish. those three play very well together, and not many teams have 3 guards as good as those three. They also have Hailey Armstrong starting who can nail the three, and Tamara Moss, which helps out on rebounding. I wish Central luck, and I love watching them play. And I also agree with the success isn't so much in the coaching, but it is in how the girls respond to it, and play on the floor...McMinn Central does a great job at this, which is why they are so successful.