I BELIEVE!

mood1801

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[All I know is Milan better not come into Huntingdon thinking they are unbeatable or it will come to them just like last year at Mitchell ]

I find that hard to believe when there are refs that are scared to make calls becasue they think the home teams crowd will riot. For example. My little brother tackled a guy.....they landed 6 yards out of bounds......he got up.....go nailed in the back infront of [2] refs. You think milan had big heads????? yea right. TSSAA should make it illeagel to play inside inner memphis.....or mepmhis.....until they clean up their act.......either play at the other schools stadium.....or go to a netural area.....thats FAIR!!!!!!!!! Do you guys think if enough people or coaches signed a petition......they would change it?

The reason Huntingdon does not put much emphasis on the first game is because of the likely rematch. What did the first game mean to you? We are not in the same region, polls mean nothing...it's all about what happens on the field Friday night. You are wrong west tn2004, many, many ,many people were saying before the game they hoped Huntingdon would play close to the vest, and didn't really care about the win in the regular season because they felt a loss would be beneficial in a rematch. If you recall, I was among them. Every game is as important as the next? You gotta be kidding me.

9yroldchamps,

Didn't mean it to sound like the game in week 7 didn't matter at all to Huntingdon. It just didn't have the impact that this game has. Heck, I'm from McKenzie so what do I know about what H-town was thinking. Sure the Mustangs wanted to win that game in week 7 but, it just didn't mean as much as this game does. ALL of us are aware of that. Week 7 was surely a great learning week for the Mustangs and the lesson SHOULD show itself well learned Friday night. It's gonna be a great game and anything less will greatly disappoint me.

Either way the game comes out, the gold ball needs to come back to W. TN. Best of luck to both teams but my support goes to region 6AA. Go Mustangs! After that I'll support the winner of this game!!!!!!!!!

Every game is as important as the next?

It is at Milan. That's why teams study game film from multiple games. They want to see the "total" team they are up against.

Mansfield sounds like a "real competitive coach". You guys will never make me believe he wasn't doing everything in his power to win that first game. I know your team is better now and so is ours but we play to win each game and I think that is very important.

9 Year Old - It is obvious to me now that we have been set up. We tried so hard to win the first game that we couldn't see the forest for the trees. As I said in an earlier post, that sounds like nothing but a bunch of bull. Huntingdon has too much pride and tradition built by many years of sucessful coaches to ever lay down in a game. The only touchdown they scored in the game was on a trick play, that doesn't sound like they were trying to throw off the game. But, it might be like the Stang fans have said and they were just setting us up all the way.

It is at Milan. That's why teams study game film from multiple games. They want to see the "total" team they are up against.

Mansfield sounds like a "real competitive coach". You guys will never make me believe he wasn't doing everything in his power to win that first game. I know your team is better now and so is ours but we play to win each game and I think that is very important.

You know what 9yroldchamps, it's funny that I heard your coach on 96.5 stating that he used the first game in 1998 as a measuring stick against Huntingdon, to see what changes he needed to make in order to beat them in a rematch, and placed NO emphasis on the regular season game. He said he realized if he could get by Huntingdon that year in the playoffs the State Championship would be in the bag, so he placed ALL emphasis on a possible rematch. He went on to state that you could thank that drubbing ya'll took in the first game in 1998 for the new multidimensional philosophy at Milan today. Don't get me wrong any win against Milan is a good win and a big win, but our goals going into this season were (and are) bigger than beating Milan in a regular season contest. I hope all you Milan fans have a safe trip and that the game is injury free. ;)