I BELIEVE!

mood1801

The game didn't mean anything to Huntingdon huh? Two bad we can't say that. I mean that game meant just as much to us as any game. It doesn't matter if we are playing huntingdon or manassas....we still play the same. Milan has a tradition for winning, so we try win every game. It doesn't effect the way we play though, we know that if we bring our A game then we will win. So if ya'll didn't bring ya'lls "A" game, what did ya'll bring. So an undefeated season wouldn't mean anything to ya'll? It doesn't make since. Ya'll wanted that game just as bad as Milan!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!! 28-17

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be all from fans because from the coaches' and teams' standpoint, no game is looked at as being good to lose or "half-way" play. Huntingdon had to play hard with maybe a few of the fans thinking the way these guys are thinking, that they could build off of a lopsided loss to Milan "IF" they met again.

You play for today, as if there is no tomorrow, even in the regular season.

It is difficult to play and defeat the same team again and anything can happen, but you can't tell me that the Mustangs weren't playing up for that game.

There is no doubt that Huntingdon wanted to win the regular season game against Milan and I don't believe any Huntingdon fan has said otherwise. The point that was being made and I agree with it, the game this Friday night is MUCH more important. Just for sake of argument, if Milan could pick one win against Huntingdon in 98 which game would it be? If any Milan fan says they would have rather won the first game, I would say that person either knows nothing about football or is a liar one. Yes it is always better to win every game. But just like Milan did in 98, sometimes you use loses to make changes and make yourself better. The Milan coaching staff knew they had to make some changes to make their team better, guess what, Huntingdon's has done that this year.

It is at Milan. That's why teams study game film from multiple games. They want to see the "total" team they are up against.

Mansfield sounds like a "real competitive coach". You guys will never make me believe he wasn't doing everything in his power to win that first game. I know your team is better now and so is ours but we play to win each game and I think that is very important.

You know what 9yroldchamps, it's funny that I heard your coach on 96.5 stating that he used the first game in 1998 as a measuring stick against Huntingdon, to see what changes he needed to make in order to beat them in a rematch, and placed NO emphasis on the regular season game. He said he realized if he could get by Huntingdon that year in the playoffs the State Championship would be in the bag, so he placed ALL emphasis on a possible rematch. He went on to state that you could thank that drubbing ya'll took in the first game in 1998 for the new multidimensional philosophy at Milan today. Don't get me wrong any win against Milan is a good win and a big win, but our goals going into this season were (and are) bigger than beating Milan in a regular season contest. I hope all you Milan fans have a safe trip and that the game is injury free. ;)

That might have been a measuring stick game but i can assure you he wasn't holding anything back. He was trying to win like a "great coach" is supposed to do. All coaches have different ideas about how to win a state championship. I know coach Morris has won 2 in the last 5 years. He tries to schedule the toughest games possible so his team will be ready come playoffs.

There is no doubt that Huntingdon wanted to win the regular season game against Milan and I don't believe any Huntingdon fan has said otherwise.

Mood 1801 said it. He stated Huntingdon didn't show all their weapons because they were basically saving them for the playoffs against Milan and I just don't believe that. I do believe your team has gotten much better, and if Huntingdon wins, that will be the reason. However, it won't be because the Mustangs had it scaled back in week 7.

Mood 1801 said it. He stated Huntingdon didn't show all their weapons because they were basically saving them for the playoffs against Milan and I just don't believe that. I do believe your team has gotten much better, and if Huntingdon wins, that will be the reason. However, it won't be because the Mustangs had it scaled back in week 7.

You might ought to reread what I said. I didn't say a thing about not showing all of the weapons, I said that no one said they didn't want to win.

I know that the players and coaches were going for the win, but the realization was also there that it was just another game. Friday night is NOT just another game. This one will determine who gets to play in the Boro and who goes home. If you don't think this game is different than a regular season game just ask the Milan coaches, I will bet they will tell you it is a lot different.

I respect your opinion. I will agree that this game is much more important as far as "next week is concerned" but that's the only way it's more important than week 7 was.

There is nothing wrong with scaling an offense back at certain times. We did it against Mitchell.However,when Milan/Huntingdon plays, I would hope both teams are doing everything within their ability to beat the other team.

If you want to say that the last regular season game we played was just as important as this one then you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.  It's moronic to even make a statement like that.  Whatever .

Sure that's exactly what I said.

No, I said that you don't prepare and play a game and not try your hardest to win it. It was mentioned that Huntingdon didn't play the first game vs. Milan with all they could in order to set up for a later meeting.

At no time did I say that a regular season game is as important as a playoff game, just that you play a game with all you have, as hard as you can.

I do understand that a team might measure themselves and what they run against another team for future reference. That is what regional opponents do when they feel they might meet again later in the year.

Do not assume before first asking what was meant and what you misunderstood and begin calling someone's statement "moronic."

Edited by Saintdog5510

Anyone who thinks the best high school football is not in West Tennessee should be in Huntingdon on Friday night. The only other 2A game in the state is between a team from near Knoxville and one in Nashville. THE GAME in West Tennessee is between two schools just 20 miles apart. Talk about football tradition!

I believe - - - that anything is possible!!

GO 'STANGS!! :lol:

P.S. Hey FatMan: Shelly's really nice, but she's real married!