I BELIEVE!

mood1801

You can never improve to much so milan did have alot of room for improve so thats where u wrong.......... hunt has improved but milan still is ahead of the game because they were ahead of hunt in week 7..........

well, we'll see. Huntingdon had to improve one td, worth for this to be a good game in my estimation, whether it be on offense (scoring one more) or def. (preventing one). If they've done that us fans are in for a classic David versus Goliath rematch.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, we'll see. Huntingdon had to improve one td, worth for this to be a good game in my estimation, whether it be on offense (scoring one more) or def. (preventing one). If they've done that us fans are in for a classic David versus Goliath rematch.

yes improvement is scoring one more td or preventing one td... by the way you been talking milan must be david.........

Milan has improved since week 7. Milan faced two legite running backs in Michael Granberry and Johnathon Youngblood. Milan won both games and im not positive on the yardage granberry gained but I do know that youngblood (leading rusher in the metro area) was held to just 33 yards. If thats not improvement I have no idea what is! So the improvement remarks by both teams is somewhat quite irrevelant. The thing with 98 sayin about both teams will get a win and neither can beat neither twice in one season....is also irrevelant. the saying that you cant beat a good team twice is aslo irevelant!! Whoever makes the least amount of mistakes will WIN-- Philip Fulmer UT Vols Head Coach

see turbo thats improvement can't argue with the facts........

I'll agree to a point, but it can also be argued that memphis schools are poorly coached, while covington is not. I have never seen Carver play but I bet they looked something like this: Athletes all over the field, very fast on def., probably lined up in an I on one play then shotgun on the next, maybe even a little wingt. All the while they haven't blocked anyone yet because they are fundamentally unsound. Stopping Grandberry is tough, because he is in a system.

Like I said before Turbo, the pressure is on the Mustangs until they bring the gold ball home. Milan has 4 and is going for #5, and in Huntingdon's long storied past, they have 0.

Milan goes into this game knowing we're going to win. Huntingdon goes into thinking "if we play our A game, Milan stumbles a little bit, then we can win." Now how can you tell me the pressure is on us?

I wouldn't consider it a david vs. Goliath....Maybe Goliath vs. Goliath

The only team that can beat Milan is Huntingdon....and The team thats capable of beating Milan is Huntingdon. I truley believe that Milan and Huntingdon are the top two teams in the state......

I agree and said early in the year that the only team that can beat Milan is Huntingdon. But once again, according to everyone on these boards Huntingdon doesn't have the firepower of Milan (whom deservedly have two mr. football candidates) thus casting them in the role of goliath.

Milan's defense has improved. We were allowing to many yds on the ground. Covington's Marcus Grandberry ran on us. The next great back we faced was Jonathon Youngblood(Memphis's finest). He has rushed for over 300 yds in more than 5 games. How many yds did he have against Milan?? hmmm....33 yds

I'd say that is improvement! GO Dawgs!!!

so getting to your point for u your saying milan hasn't which is the biggest load of bull crap i've ever heard......... so just remb. friday night god gave you two ears and one mouth and we told u so ............ go milan..........

Like I said before Turbo, the pressure is on the Mustangs until they bring the gold ball home. Milan has 4 and is going for #5, and in Huntingdon's long storied past, they have 0.

Milan goes into this game knowing we're going to win. Huntingdon goes into thinking "if we play our A game, Milan stumbles a little bit, then we can win." Now how can you tell me the pressure is on us?

Yes, the pressure is always on the favorite. In your attempt to push the pressure on the mustangs you solidify and multiply the fact that Milan will have all the pressure and its just going to get bigger. No one wants the pressure, but nontheless it exists but i'm sure that a team of milans stature will handle it and thrive on it. Its just funny sometimes how kids crack under those circumstances.

if that is the case then milan will be blown out of the water. look no one "knows it all".. high school football is one of the hardest sports to predict. the first meeting in my opinion was darn close, and if huntingdon had stuck it to smith and goff and wrapped up.. or if the QB boot or sweep or whatever didnt happen it could have easily been a down to the wire game. huntingdon defended milans pass exceptionally well. the DBs stepped up that game and that game to me was their firestarter. both teams are physical and if either one goes into it knowing their going to win.. then they'll turn their head one minute and they've given up a few big plays that put the game out of reach.