Your predictions on 5a

oaklandfballer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all big games this time of year. Riverdale and Oak Ridge both avenged earlier losses and I'm sure both expended quite a bit of emotional capital. What really concerns me most is that Oak Ridge has just rolled over everyone they have played lately.

Very hard to judge teams from the different parts of the state because there are so few common opponents. That also makes the games a ot of fun.

I'll take:

Riverdale over Oak Ridge (Hope I'm right)

Germantown over Franklin (Hope I'm wrong)

It would be awesome to get a Riverdale v. Franklin match-up in the BC bowl.

Hey oakridge guys if you wanna know about a tough schedule ask Oakland Football... We play Riverdale , brentwood academey ,Franklin, Lincoln County twice smryna...Im not dissen soddy daisy but we beat them in a scrimage 28 to 0.DB and Mcminn are great teams Mcminn will hit u in the mouth i know this...but thats about three tough games right there and that one other chatanooga team is aight...i know one thing Riverdale and Franklin has had the harder road...NO diss to youll I love oakridge i came saw youll play cause my cousin plays for youll but its the facts

Hmmm. Two very interesting and great matchups in the semis. Riverdale, feeling the effects of a possible let-down and a trip to Oak Ridge, will fall, but in a close one. I'll say 21-17. I will say though, that one could very easily go the other way, very easily.

Franklin-Germantown I feel more comfortable in picking Franklin but then again, I'm not biased, am I?

Oak Ridge vs Franklin in the finals. Who wins? Let me make sure they both get there. And let me tell ya, I can't wait to just be at the BCBs that weekend. State championship football games are just something else, very exciting.

What is today November 23 2003 Oak Ridge will have that championship trophy over their heads in two weeks. If anyone can think of something embarrassing for me to do on the message board if thats not true lets hear it. haha (this should be interesting.)

Coach T has the strength ratings like this

Oak Ridge 37

Riverdale 25

Franklin 26

Germantown 6

So I guess west TN. may have the toughest schedule. But OR has had some smashmouth teams come to town headhunting. Of course they left with their tails between their legs. Naw that aint true because we have played some teams with a lot of heart and class. Nobody ever laid down for us. To be perfectly honest everyone that has made it this far has had their share of tough games. I dont know about everyone else but OR tries to schedule the best teams around. You cant be the best unless you play the best. Trouble is no one wants a big L on their record. Thats not cocky it is true.

Good luck to everyone.

There aren't any loosers at this point just one team not scoring as many points as the other.

ROLL CATS ROLL

There aren't any loosers at this point just one team not scoring as many points as the other.

My team may not have made it this far, but I agree with your statement exactly. It couldn't have been said better. Riverdale pulled off better execution and capitalized on the couple of LC mistakes. I can think of two that were a 14 point swing, namely the punt return fumbled which lead to Riverdales second and final touchdown, and the 90+yd holding call that erased a LC score. I'm not complaining by any means. Riverdale earned it and deserved it. Coach Rankin had an excellent gameplan and they couldn't have played any better. I'd love to see everyone in the final 8 in 5A play each of the other 7 opponents and then see how teams compare. The results would be real interesting. I think there would be a lot of teams that would have some suprising endings to the games, but much like the LC/Riverdale game....I see most of them being pretty close and down to the final minute of the game before anything is sealed and delivered.