westTN2004

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan will win this one but nobody is beating Lipscomb. This game is for second place and thats it.

It's funny to hear that.....in 98' everyone was saying that there was no way Milan could hang with Lipscomb....but if I remember correctly, Milan beat Lipscomb 16-6....but that's only if I'm thinking correctly. Any Milan fans out there agree???

I know stats and records doesn't mean anything in the playoffs... but look..

Milan (13-0)

Offense:

Total Points (Seasonal) - 524pts

Avg. Points/game (Seasonal) - 40pts/game

Total Points (Playoff Wise) - 125pts

Avg. Points/game (Playoff Wise) - 41pts

Defense:

Total Points Given Up (Seasonal) - 169pts

Avg. Points Given Up (Seasonal) - 13pts/game

Total Points Given Up (Playoff Wise) - 26pts

Avg. Points Given Up (Playoff Wise) - 8pts

Huntingdon (12-1)

Offense:

Total Points (Seasonal) - 551pts

Avg. Points/game (Seasonal) - 42pts/game

Total Points (Playoff Wise) - 142pts

Avg. Points/game (Playoff Wise) - 47pts

Defense:

Total Points Given Up (Seasonal) - 117pts

Avg. Points Given Up (Seasonal) - 9pts/game

Total Points Given Up (Playoff Wise) - 18pts

Avg. Points Given Up (Playoff Wise) - 6pts

As you can see, these two teams are almost evenly matched up. But as they say, stats and records doesn't matter in the playoffs. You WIN or go home. It's mentality, coaching and the execution of plays that get you somewhere. I don't know who to pick between these two. I know that both teams will be fighting all the way to the last second of the game. Neither team will give up. So I ask ya'll. Who is your pick and why?

good stats now throw them out the window this is Milan and Huntingdon in the biggest game ever played at Paul Ward Stadium. Stangs have a chance and this game will be a barnburner. High school football at it's best

Hey! Thats ok,Yes, it would be a funny sight to see Westtn2004 and some of the others in cheerleader uniforms, shaking pom poms saying GO Dawgs "Youre the greatest and Huntingdon isn't worthly to be on the same field as the Dawgs." :D

Huntingdon Cheerleaders have much better legs!!!!! :D

Go Stangs!!!!!

It's going to be a very fun game to watch. Myself personally, I will be rooting for the Stangs. I think they will be looking for revenge this game. I just hope they don't overplay and make mistakes and give up the big play to Milan.

I'm hoping history will be on our side because for years it seemed like we could never beat Westview during the regular season. But if we met up with them in the playoffs, we could beat them. Maybe we can do the same thing this year with Milan.

I know Huntingdon's offense and defense has improved drastically since the loss to Milan during the regular season. And I'm sure Milan has gotten better, too. I look for this game the be an offensive showcase. I'll say whichever team has the most turnovers and most missed tackles will be on the short end of this game. I think it will be a close game though. Whoever wins will represent West TN well and bring the hardware back home.

Huntingdon 30

Milan 24

Good luck to both teams and good luck to all West TN Mr. Football candidates! Let's show 'em how West TN can represent!

GO STANGS!