Harriman 59 Oliver Springs 51

goosevol

The Blue Devils played without leading scorer Adam Kreis tonight, but they got off to a quick start in the first quarter and held off OS late.

Patrick Davis scored 8 points in the opening quarter as Harriman led 17-7 after 8 minutes. Davis finished the night with 17 points and 5 rebounds. Billy Ledbetter added 10 points and 6 boards while Wil Pelfrey had 11 boards.

Kody Phillips (10 points, 6 boards) and D.J. Giles (10 points, 3 boards) led OS' offense. Adam Carter also had a solid night with 8 points, 7 boards and 3 blocks.

From harrimans perspective: it wasnt as bad of a game as the score might show...considering they were favored by more than eight. and yes im gonna use the excuse that adam kreis didnt play cuz you have to figure that if he was in the game you have to add at least 15-20 pts if he plays his game. harriman just had too many fouls in the late and couldnt really afford to play a real aggressive 2nd half...having 3 or 4 in foul trouble. any way you look at it though, harriman gets the W.

Edited by hhsdevils17

Harriman played as well as they could have with the referrees calling everything. I felt that the officiating of this game was awful. Two double dribble calls were called for nothing and fouls were called the wrong way. The Devils really outplayed the Bobcats more than the score said. The game wasn't as close as the score said. Adam Kreis was out sick which would have gave the devils at least 15 more points, but i do agree with BBallTN that if the Devils don't start playing together on the court then they won't go far. I saw arguments on the court and people pointing fingers. If the Devils ever come together then they will be dangerous. The Devil's biggest rival or threat might just be themselves right now.

Hey hhsdevils17, I heard you all was playing in a McMinn Central Thanksgiving Tournament. If so when? Because Central is not that far for me to go and I just might make the trip. Any other teams you know that is going to be in it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Back to the game. I thought Oliver Springs wasn't that good and that you all would have a field day with them. I guess the have improved since the last time I saw them. I thought they was just mainly a girls basketball powerhouse. Oh well good luck to both of you all during the season.