Giles County Lady Bobcats

sds2004

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both ways. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon when a team is winning. I have seen people show just for the girls game and leave when the boys start. I have seen people show later for girls and can't wait for the boys. People are people and eveyone wants to feel like they are part of a winner. There are just few who support the girls and boys no matter how they are doing and will always support them. These people are die hard school supporters. And coaches, players really are playing for you. ( die hard supporters) Please continue to support your school. And don't be upset with other people they will always come and go. :justwrestle:

I don't remember the girl's ever having as much respect as the guys, even when they went to state tournament in 2000 and 2001. I really believe these girls need the same amount of respect. Positive thinking contributes to positive results!!!

And if you will check, there are more gold and silver balls in the gym lobby trophy cases from the GIRL'S TOURNEY than from the boys. Giles County basketball tradition is in the girls' program. The boys' program is just coming into its own.

After watching the Lady Bobcats in the Lawrence Co. Thanksgiving Classic this weekend, I was concerned about their play in the Friday game against Oliver Springs where they lost 31-57. Robin Leslie only had two FT's in the 2nd half and looked a little uninspired in her play. Their game Saturday against Tishomingo Co. where they won 54-28 was much better. Leslie had 15 with support from Alex Coleman & Aldenise Ewing with 8 pts each. Chancey Parsons did a good job at PG and Taylor Wade had some rebounds, but only 2 pts. Leslie will need scoring support from others if Giles Co. wants to win more games. There were some parents there supporting the team, but I did not notice many students there.

Well, I am proud to say that our Lady Bobcats played a GREAT game last night against the Spring Hill Raiders, with Taylor Wade sealing the deal with her foul shot. And most importantly, our fans supported them, and also showed them the respect that these girls deserve. So, maybe these posts have done their job. And I hope the support continues. It can now be seen that support along with talent and great coaching helps to win games. CONGRATS GIRLS!