Giles County SHOCKED

wneely

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I just realized, Raleigh Egypt was ranked #1 in class AA by Gomab this year. They opened their season with a win, followed by a loss to Bolivar. Bolivar opened their season with a loss. Giles County opened their season with a 14 pt. victory over L'burg, then was defeated in a tournamnet that doesn't mean a darn thing, by a team that was probably more talented than any team in TN-AA. And already you guys are talking about Giles County being a waste of talent. To me, it is you guys who are the waste of talent. You could be using your skills as bull crap artists elsewhere. Why don't we wait until someone in TN beats Giles County before we call them a waste of talent.

Edited by krogers

You know, I just realized, Raleigh Egypt was ranked #1 in class AA by Gomab this year. They opened their season with a win, followed by a loss to Bolivar. Bolivar opened their season with a loss. Giles County opened their season with a 14 pt. victory over L'burg, then was defeated in a tournamnet that doesn't mean a darn thing, by a team that was probably more talented than any team in TN-AA. And already you guys are talking about Giles County being a waste of talent. To me, it is you guys who are the waste of talent. You could be using your skills as bull crap artists elsewhere. Why don't we wait until someone in TN beats Giles County before we call them a waste of talent.

Umm...Raleigh-Egypt lost at Bolivar, Bolivar lost to a White Station team that we *KNOW* has more talent than any AA team in Tennessee.

And Raleigh-Egypt, um, won the tournament, so I guess you could say they're better than the Murrah team that beat Giles or the Sumter County team that killed them.

Let's see...preseason #1 team in the state: championship trophy. Giles County: T-shirts.

You know...what I said in my previous posts and what you are saying right now, mean nothing to the game. We know anyone can be beat on any given night. Look at Bolivar last year when GC played them in the sub-state. Look at the almight Ridgeway...#1 in the state in AA...beat on a last second shot by GC. Not to defend myself or anything, but my mention of the tournament not meaning anything, is because it doesn't. Giles County can come back and win every game from here on out...win the state and did that tournament do anything for them? Raleigh-Egypt could come home and lose their next game and what did the tournament do for them? In my opinion, GC should be #3 in AA. Bolivar is far superior to GC this year and a buzzer beater shot in the substate only puts GC within 10 pts. Raleigh Egypt has proved what they can do against some pretty good teams. I still believe that GC will win all of their regular season games, but the tournaments may be a different story.

OPPERMAN!!, WE CAN TALK ALL YEAR ABOUT WHO THE BEST TEAM IN CLASS AA. AND YOU AND GOMAB2 WILL STILL PICK A MEMPHIS TEAM. I DONT HAVE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT THE BEST GROUP OF TEAMS IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE (COLLECTIVELY), WHICH IS THE WEST HANDS DOWN. BUT YOU KNOW DEEP IN YOUR HEART OF HEARTS THAT GILES IS THE TEAM TO BEAT AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE GUNNING FOR THEM, FROM THE WEAKEST TEAM ( LEWIS COUNTY TO THE BEST TEAM(S) BOLIVAR AND RALEIGH EGYPT. SO WHEN THE DUST IS SETTLED PLEASE QUOTE ME ON THIS ONE PLEASE. GILES WILL BE IN THE THICK OF THINGS WHEN IT IS ALL SAID AND DONE.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP, OFFENSE PUT THE FANS IN THE STANDS

Most will agree that both teams are very good. I went to the tournament and it wasn't just a normal thanksgiving tournament. This tournament had teams that would put most TN teams to shame. Giles County is a good team, so is RE. But the year just started. Last year Giles played their best when it mattered. Cut them some slack, and we will see how they do.

AusDan and Falconfan94...those were great posts. This tournament was loaded with talent and will surely make GC better. Raleigh-Egypt was very impressive and deserver all of the praise and more. I can't wait to see the Bradley vs. GC matchup, as well as the BA vs. GC matchup. Hopefully by then, GC will be playing their best ball, just as they were last year at that time. If they get their act together, we shall be making a return trip to the 'Boro'.

Falconfan94 are you crazy? I was at every game as well and if you say that Tyler Smith didn't play hard then obviously,you were not there. Giles county has alot of talent but talent alone will not win every game . It will win some but coaching has got to win the rest. In my opinion Giles county has been outcoached every game including the 2 that they have won. Zach Holt plays hard and he hustles but he is too short to really stop any decent pointguard,but no doubt he plays hard and gives 100%. Giles county needs to play more players off the bench and Channing Coffey needs to play more. Whenever he is in the game he plays DEFENSE and he rebounds. Keep up the good job , WORK.

Good post 2live! But i don't think that Channing is the answer. Wes Carter looked as good as anybody when he got in the game against Fort Payne. He reminded me a lot of Eric (weezy wee) Howard with his defense; especially when he ripped their best player (PG #22). I think that he is a much more valuable part of this team than anyone realizes. Either way, it is awesome to be able to swap out Zack's shooting for wes' assists and then sub in channing when you need size! Look for #20 to impress a lot of people as the season moves on! He's going to be the key to making Tyler and Shay shine; just like weezy did!

LEBRON WHO?