Fulton going to the SHIP..

AERoadrunners

The Falcons were truly the better team last night. Justin Long can do it all inside of the pocket and out. Demarcus Stevens can giddy up for a bigger boy and he can hit hard. Josh Nelson was all over the field last night making big plays. They played better, they are going on to the Boro against Covington. On the "rude fan issue," I'm sure it could go both ways. PERSONALLY, the encounters that I had with the Fulton fans were all fine and good. When standing at the gate waiting to get in, there was a Fulton fan standing there and we carried on a good conversation about everything for nearly 2 hours. Pretty nice guy. Yes, there were 2 Fulton fans sitting behind me last night and both were showing support for their team and there was not a problem at all there either. I will say these few things though...

1. Horrible Field - I don't see how anyone could play on a field in that condition. I think that something should have been done, possibly should have moved the game to Saturday as other East Tennessee teams did. I'm not saying that the outcome would have been any different, but it wouldn't have been as sloppy.

2. Announcing of feeding of refs - Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounded like to me that Fulton had treated the officials for the game pretty good this week by feeding them. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, but that is uncalled for.

3. VISITING TEAM LOCKER ROOMS - THERE IS NONE!!! Something desperately needs to be done to fix that. Our boys had to use a girls' locker room to shower and finish the night up.

4. VISITING BLEACHERS - GET SOME!!! There was so much conflict between the two sides, well I guarantee you that if Macon would have sat on an opposite side, neither teams would have gotten into it or whatever supposedly happened that I did not see.

To end my post, I want to congratulate the Tigers on a memorable season. I truly enjoyed watching you play! I wish all the seniors on the team the best of luck! Good play Falcons, have a safe trip to the 'Boro...fans and all.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. I guess we do disagree..But I would rather be in 2nd place, than no place at all. So nope still don't think of it as a loser.

Guess my glass is half full. tsmoke... :D

What a great country, where we can agree to disagree! :D

My glass is half full also. It is only a matter of what is in the glass.

"What a great country, where we can agree to disagree! :D"

Finally we agree on something.

QUOTE (KITTY_KAT @ Nov 29 - 04:28 PM)

QUIT THE "I'M THE VICTIM", WHINNY-BABY BULL CRAP...YOU CAME, YOU LOST, YOU GOT YOUR FEELINGS HURT. YOU GO HOME WITH YOUR TAILS BETWEEN YOUR LEGS TO CELEBRATE YOUR ONCE IN A LIFETIME SEASON...WE CARRY ON TO THE NEXT ROUND...

NOW I'M upset SO HERE IT GOES (NO CANDY COATING):

YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN ON THE SAME FIELD IN THE SEMIS W/ US...YOUR TEAM WAS A SHELL OF OUR REGION'S MEDIOCRE TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!! CONSIDER YOURSELVES LUCKY YOU COULD SHARE THE LIMELIGHT!!! GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD BYE!!! WE WILL NOT SEE YOU NEXT YEAR OR EVER...YOU WERE PRETENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not break on this ....but some others might.. Somebody grab the reins..

(msmoker21 @ Nov 29 - 05:23 PM)

YOU GRAB THE REIGNS...I CAN NAME 5 TEAMS IN OUR REGION THAT WOULD TAKE YOU TO THE WIRE!!!!!! EAST TN IS FULL OF TEAMS THAT RUN THE FULLBACK UP THE MIDDLE FOR 2 YARDS A PLAY, CANT THROW, THEN PUNT AND PLAY D!!! THEY ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON...THE ARE SITTING AT THE HOUSE...BUT THOSE IN OUR REGION BARELY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

KEEP ON MILKING YOUR CINDERELLA SEASON!!! ENJOY IT...(LIKE I SAID EARLIER) IT'S LIKE THE HALEY'S COMET...MAY ONLY COME EVERY 76 YEARS!!

I have 2 agree. Region 4-3a wasnt all that strong this year!!!!

IM NOT TRYING TO GET ON HERE TRYING TO START SOMETHING WITH FULTON I'VE ALREADY HAD MY ROUNDS WITH PEOPLE ABOUT IT ALL.

BUT WHY COULDN'T MACON HAVE ALL THERE TEAM ON THE FIELD AND FULTON COULD. IT DIDNT MAKE NO SENSE TO ME.

CONGRATS TO FULTON ON A GOOD GAME. HOPE YOU GO ALL THE WAY.

WAY TO GO BIG BLUE

2003 REGION 4 3-AAA CHAMPS.

REMEMBER THE YEAR OF THE TIGERS. WIN OR LOSE

Congratulations Falcons. You had the better team on the field last night. You're players physically whipped us up front all night. You're the only team we couldn't get any pressure on the QB all year. I hope we lost to the eventual 3A State Champs.

I personally can't comment on the rude fan issues. I sat on the 20 yard line of the visitors section. However, when you cram that many fans onto the same side of the field, things are going to get out of hand at times. The fans I talked to while standing in the concession lines were very friendly.

The Tigers have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We had a great season and have lots of youg talent coming up in the coming years. Maybe we'll see Fulton in the not so distant future and be able to return the favor.

Til' next season....

IM NOT TRYING TO GET ON HERE TRYING TO START SOMETHING WITH FULTON I'VE ALREADY HAD MY ROUNDS WITH PEOPLE ABOUT IT ALL.

BUT WHY COULDN'T MACON HAVE ALL THERE TEAM ON THE FIELD AND FULTON COULD. IT DIDNT MAKE NO SENSE TO ME.

CONGRATS TO FULTON ON A GOOD GAME. HOPE YOU GO ALL THE WAY.

WAY TO GO BIG BLUE

2003 REGION 4 3-AAA CHAMPS.

REMEMBER THE YEAR OF THE TIGERS. WIN OR LOSE

In all due respect, my understanding of the Macon players going on the track was a decision made by the Macon coach. There is not a whole lot of room on the sidelines on either side. I think the Macon coach got a sideline warning in the first half & if they had gotten called on it again, the coach would have been ejected from the game. As far as our football field. This is one of the original schools in this area. Our football field has been here for a very long time. We used to have bleachers on the other side of the field, but in case you didn't notice, on the other side of the track is a very steep hill. The visiting fans rarely sat over there because the bleachers were right at that big hill & I'm sure they didn't feel safe. We are an inner city school & we can't get money to just move our football field to a more ideal location, we work with what we have. Now as far as the field - I will tell you this. I have NEVER seen coaches work as hard as ours do on their football field. They take great pride in their field & I can tell you firsthand they are just sick at how the field looks right now. They went back up there today to see how bad it was & IT WAS BAD. But it was not their fault it rained. So to bash their hard work is really rude. Many of them wanted to postpone the game to today. But they didn't want to inconvenience your team & fans. They knew many people came & stayed Thursday night & were planning on going home Friday. They knew many people were making the drive yesterday & wouldn't have known the game was postponed until they got here & would either have to drive all the way back home & drive back again today or try to make arrangements to stay here WITHOUT a lot of necessities. So it's really unfair of you to take shots at their efforts. I'm not trying to sturr up trouble, I'm just trying to get you to see thing from the other point of view.

GO FALCONS!

Kwalker...I can assure you that I am not trying to stir up stink about the coaches' hard work. I think it's wonderful of how hard they work and have worked on the field to make it as acceptable of a playing field as possible. Many coaches would put that responsibility on others. I respect them for their hard work. BUT I still think the game would have been better off played today. Someone could have EASILY broken a leg in those conditions last night.

Maybe so, tnbballman, but from what I heard the teams that played today played in the same kind of mess. There was no warm weather & not all that much sun to dry the field up. I, for one, wanted to postpone the game to today. We obviously depend a lot on our speed & it was to our disadvantage to play last night. But the coaches did what they felt was best.

The sloppy field was MC's best friend last night. If they played on a dry field Fulton would have won by 45. You will see next week when Fulton plays on carpet. I am not saying we are going to blow anyone out. I am just saying you will see a part of Fulton that you didn't see friday night.