Huntingdon/Milan Game is History!

duckman38201

Congratulations to Huntingdon. I drove down and watched the game. I honestly thought Huntingdon was in for a long night when the opening kickoff was returned for a touchdown. DOH!! Milan came out in an "I Dare You To Throw" defense that had 9 or 10 men in the box all night long. Huntingdon's deep man was W-I-D-E O-P-E-N every time he went deeper than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. On more than one occasion, the receiver came to a complete stop, turned, waited, and basket-caught the ball before turning to see an acre of uninhabited Bermuda grassland. I heard a lot of compliments for Chris Donald on the radio on the way home, and I've read several here. As I said in another thread, he is an exceptional athlete far ahead of his freshman year. That being said, I believe people are missing the fact that he was running through holes bigger than my couch, into an empty secondary. Come on, people...give the line some credit. He wasn't juking, spinning or hurdling...he was simply hitting his hole and running straight towards open field. The Milan linebackers biting hard on the fake sweep didn't hurt, either. Considering that he's a freshman, he should definately be a top-notch D1 prospect. If he keeps growing, I'd look for him to be a prospect at DE or TE.

Now, unless something crazy happens up at Alcoa, Huntingdon will face David-Lipscomb in the finals. DL's coach was at the game. Apparently, he has a nephew playing for Huntingdon. Lipscomb is smart, disiplined, athletic, and very well coached. Oh yeah...and FAST. They run the wing-T, but they can (and will) go deep. They are faster than Milan, if that tells you anything. Expect those holes in the line to be filled very quickly. You might get one long run between the tackles, but don't expect two.

Good luck Huntingdon...Bring the Gold Ball back to Carroll County.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been around a long time and seen a lot of games in many different sports and this one is one of the best I've seen. Great game for both teams. It's a shame someone had to lose. Huntingdon will have their hands full next week with whoever wins. I agree with 926 about the line needing A LOT of credit. No matter who runs the ball, and at whatever level, if a team does not have a line that can block, then that team has no running game. Donald is a already a good athlete, in all three sports, and will continue to get better and might have a chance to get a free ride in college at whatever sport he wants to play, but there is something about several of Reigny Dayz post here and on different threads that one would think would be a concern to his teammates and all of his coaches. That thing is that YOU are going to teach him the game and that there is a bigger picture ahead. I admit that if a kid has a chance to get a free college education by playing sports, thats great. It is up to his teammates and his coaches to make him better. Too many times parents, friends, etc. try to live out their dreams through the kids by telling them how to play, practice, etc. The worst comment that I'm sure a lot of people have heard stories about is when people tell kids "Don't listen to the coach. He don't know what he's talking about." Do you plan on trying to teach him not only football, but basketball and baseball as well? When will he have time for all of this, since I assume he plays baseball in the summer and probably does something with basketball camps and football as well? Looks like all of his coaches thus far have done a good job teaching him how to play the games. I certainly mean nothing negative toward whoever Reigny is and maybe I read into the posts the wrong way, but as fans lets let the kids play and the coaches coach, even though as fans we don't always agree with what goes on and sometimes think that we know how it should be done. Good luck to ALL the Mustangs Friday night. Keep up the good work for one more night!

9yearold...... I was really proud once again of how Chris played last night. Everyone was concerned about the preesure on a 14....... er um a 15 year old freshman in such a big game. That wasnt the case. As I said before, if Chris stays healthy and learns the game the sky is the limit. We got alot of work to do his knowlege of the game is lacking by proportions and next year hopefully he can bulk up to about 215LBs. and work on his speed we will be ok.

As you can see I'm never satisfied......... he played great. But we still have a long way to go. he still doesnt have that killer instinct yet. It will come. hopefully we can turn it up a notch next Friday at the BURO! :P

The kid is going to be one of the greatest ever. However, don't rush it and let the kid develop. He will be playing on Sundays one of these days if it all works out. He has division 1 TE written all over him.

Chris Donald lead a middle school basketball team to a state championship last year and when he was 10 his little league team made it to the state championship game but came up short and when he was 12 that little league team also came up one game short.....................so as you can see that group of kids has accomplished alot and will have a chance to do more in thier 4 years at HHS.

Edited by htown03

HERE'S A SHORT STORY: My sister overheard two fans talking before the game, one was a parent(a man) and a BiG Milan Fan and the other was a Huntingdon Fan (a lady) that works in Milan, and also a Co-worker of the Milan Fan. The Milan Fan stated: "Well I already have hotel reservations in Murfreesboro." H-Fan replied: "Well If we win I don't really have a place to stay." The Milan Fan stated: " Well one of us ain't going, plus I've already paid for mine(givin' a hint, ya know) ." The H-Fan humbly replied by not saying anything. Milan fan kindly stated: "Well O.K. if yall do win???? I'll let you have my reservations. There's a lot of us that have already made reservations. " H-Fan replied: "Well that's nice. Thank You"

After the game the H-Fan stated: " Well I guess I have me a Hotel room in Murfreesboro", as the Milan Fan looked in AHH and Disbelief. Way to go Mustangs, keep proving those doubters wrong. GO BIG BLUE!!!!! Good luck in the BORO!!!! :angry: I would also like to congratulate the Milan Bulldogs on a great season, you guys had a very good team. Again GO STANGS!!!!

In complementing Chris D. on his great game last night I certainly didn't mean to overlook the line in front of him. As a former lineman, I know that NO back will have a great (or even good) night without good blocking in front of him. All the Mustangs stepped up last night and got the job done. I talked to Chris's dad tonight for about 30-40 minutes on the phone and it is really focused in their household right now.

Carroll Co. is hoping that the entire Mustang team is that focused tonight on that gold ball. All us Rebel fans ask is that ya'll don't rub it in our face a week from now when you bring it back to W. TN. It's a 6 AA thang ya'll!!!!!!

Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying. No Im not the almighty one when it comes to football. Im just stating that there are some things that coaches dont do when it comes to the off season. Sure they do the weight training and the running. What about diet plans, technique instruction, camps, film studies, footwork drills, hand eye coordination drills, breathing techniques, situational techniques, and most importantly knowledge of the game. During the off season?

Alot of Coaches usually come into camp around August and have the kids run and lift weights then practice around end of camp.

I would NEVER trust a kids coach or coaches to Set-up or Establish a kids future regardless of where he plays. Whether Huntingdon, USJ, North Side, or one of the nations top rated high schools.

As a parent or relative of ANY player you try to provide the kids with the best. Thats the bottom line. Whether you decide to help the development of a kid especially if he was your own is up to you. But when you know the system and know that coaches only want that win...... just to keep jobs, and schools only want those wins to make money... you start to understand that sports have become stables for our educational systems. Herd them in and then reap the profits, and then they are sent to pasture.

ONLY THE THOROUGHBREDS win the races! and the better conditioned, most knowledgeable, biggest, and fastest win the derby.

Just trying to develop a thoroughbred, the best in his class both mentally and physically. Nothing wrong with that. If the other kids are left behind because "THE COACHES FAILED THEM" thats the parents fault for giving them the trust that should have been elsewhere.... In their own hands!

So Criticize me...... Ok Ill accept that. Thats your right

But Ill tell you this, and this is from my heart and Ill die feeling this way.

Chris Donald WILL NOT be one of those Sent to pasture because someone didnt help him get to where he needed to be!! :ph34r: