Warren County Football or lack of it

cobracoach

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one question.

Why would anyone leave a winning tradition at Riverdale to go to Warren County with the many problems they are having right now?

I believe it would be better to go to a school with less inner struggles with the credentials of Britton than to go there.

Britton is from W Co - -is that correct??

That could explain why his name is at the top of their list.

Snow is from there also correct.

Tell the folks in W Co they can find Ray Barnes @ Blackman Middle (Asst Principal)

GREAT COACH!!!!

Maybe he would help revive the program.

I think he still has family there.

My first coaching job was in Pasadena Texas and we were a 5A school. We had a freshman A and B team, Soph team, and a JV team. We all played on Thursday nights and the varsity played on Friday. We had about 2,500 kids in the school and football was a tradition. Tennessee will never have that through the state like Texas does BUT some of the larger schools could have successful programs when the school board demands it and wants it. Riverdale wants it! Know matter who Warren County gets they will have to support him and give him time. Plus the coach has to pay his bills and why would someone want to come down in pay because his retirement depends on his past salaries.

Guest region4fan

I would think that it is every football coach's dream to go back and be the head coach at his alma mater. That is one of the reasons that I feel that Steve Britton will make this job a reality. Also he tried for head jobs at Blackman and Siegel...maybe even Lavergne. He was passed over for all. This could be his shot to prove that he has what it takes and that Rutherford County missed out on a great one.

I have heard several people in Warren County say alot of really nice things about Coach Britton. If he wants the job and to come back home I hope he gets it and I hope they will give him support to get the job done. Like I have always said if you dont have support from the top it doesnt matter what a coach does he will always have a hard time to be successful. For Coach Britton or anyone else he has to have the time and support from everyone to put Warren County back on top again. If Coach wants it lets hope that they move quickly and let people know who the new coach is going to be.

I have heard several people in Warren County say alot of really nice things about Coach Britton. If he wants the job and to come back home I hope he gets it and I hope they will give him support to get the job done. Like I have always said if you dont have support from the top it doesnt matter what a coach does he will always have a hard time to be successful. For Coach Britton or anyone else he has to have the time and support from everyone to put Warren County back on top again. If Coach wants it lets hope that they move quickly and let people know who the new coach is going to be.

I know for a fact that Smith from Ezell applied but all he heard was that the job was to go to Rankin or Brittion....everything says Brittion....have heard that Smith has pulled his name out of the hat....they want Brittion they have Britton...hope all of his years of head coahing experience come in handy....here's a note for future thoughts...the Riverdale system works alot better when the Riverdale players come with it.......no spread offense for the pioneers.....Good Luck to coach Britton, heard he was offically offered the job today!