giles co lose again?

dcchoctaws1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DC, I didn't get to see the last two games, but from what I have heard, the Sumter team is one of the top teams in Alabama and they have been for years. As for the Murrah game, I witnessed that game. Giles got a little sloppy down the stretch and let the game get away. I would have liked to watched a team that is 18 pts. better than Giles County...they must be something. Athens beat them on a last second shot, so that is saying something. I still don't believe that anyone during Giles County's regular season schedule will give them any problems.

correction athen didnt beat murrah, they beat ft payne. and tsmith hustle his butt off last night in there lost to sumter. they stalled the ball a lot just as murrah did. they wasnt anything great about the team, except that they were well coach group of kids just like murrah. and dcchoctaw, where is dyer county this year. are they even ranked in the top 100 school in tennessee. i havent seen a post on here about dyer county since they exited the regionals LAST YEAR!!

DEFENSE WIN CHAMPIONSHIP, OFFENSE PUTS THE FANS IN THE STANDS

I think that Game has it exactly right. No deafense at all this year. If they stop all that fancy stuff and we step it up to our max potential, Columbia Central will still be a good game,but a game that we will win. P.S. We're scheduled up against Father Ryan and BA. How good are their B-ball teams?

mr tcross, hey buddy simmer down there, u seem to have a chip on your shoulder about dyer co. now i was asking a simple question and i complimented giles co. i did not run them in the dirt. now, as for your info on dyer county, we are currnetly 2-0 with wins over greenfield(#1-A) and brighton. we lost a whole lot last year in brian fisk, montrelle crittendon, matt benjamin and dustin byrd. and just so you know our preseason rank is 16 not 100. now dog someone else before you ruin giles county fans reputation again.

there has been posts on about dyer county also fellar, so go get you some reading glasses and pay attention.

Edited by dcchoctaws1

It is a known fact Tyler Smith and Shay Shannon can score. But who else is stepping up? The truth of the matter is Giles county has no true point guard, no other shooter from the outside besides Smith and Shannon, and they have no team chemistry. It is obvious Justin Morris does not want the ball, and has no confidence in shooting free throws. How are smaller teams out rebounding Giles County? The answer is simple, they want it more. Who told Giles County they don't have to play defense? Block shots look good, but how about the five other times when the opponent scores. Why does Murrah go on a 13-0 run? Because Giles County does not get back and play defense. How can Deron Garrett not play one second of the sportsmed shootout? He should be giving the opportunity to start at point. Giles County should breeze through the district, but they have to find a way to get better to play with teams like Bolivar and Raleigh Egypt.

tcross why do you think everybody is against Giles Co. you get upset everytime somebody posts something about them. Lets face it when your on top everybody wants to see you lose. So calm down its a long season and they will get better. I think everybody expected to much out of them at the start. Give Coach Holt time to work things out this is not last years team.

Glyndon, you were right on all accounts except Giles County only having two shooters. Zach Holt has already shown his worth to GC fans. He had 19 against L'burg and close to that many against Murrah. In my opinion, he is GC's true point guard. Coach Holt must figure out how to get Derron Garrett more playing time. From what I have seen, this kid is very talented and has tremendous hops. Justin Morris is not a basketball player. He wouldn't know aggressive if it bit him in the butt. All they want to do is block shots. Well if you miss those blocks, then you have to rebound the ball...Giles County isn't doing that. When someone drives the lane, they leave their big man to do the work and the rest of the team waits around the peremiter. Giles County better get their act together before the Arby's Classic or they will get embarassed like they did against Sumter County. Before any GC fans reply to this post, I want you to know, I am a die hard Bobcats fan, so don't say I am biased. This is the truth and you know it.