shelbville vs mt juliet

eddrock

I think it is kind of funny to be hearing about Shelbyville loosing games already early in the season, especially with Dateline following them. It is about time that the teams that deserve to win win because of hard work and integrity. Also I bet Shelbyville would play better with Insel not there to chew them out like they are dogs and for them to feel like dirt if they make one mistake. Way to go Kelly Gasey.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point, it's supposed to be a game, and it's supposed to be fun, granted it can't always be a joke, but it can't always be like the NCAA final four either.. don't ask any of the state champ teams if they feel like dogs, ask them if they had fun.. I have had several players that have played Div. 1 college ball say that they got to the college they were at by treating basketball like a game and once they got to college it wasn't a game anymore and they were burnt out on it. I am not one of the idiots that thinks you should smile during every minute of every ballgame, but I do beleive when you get right down to it for the most part it should be fun.

Edited by 8675309

I think it is kind of funny to be hearing about Shelbyville loosing games already early in the season, especially with Dateline following them. It is about time that the teams that deserve to win win because of hard work and integrity. Also I bet Shelbyville would play better with Insel not there to chew them out like they are dogs and for them to feel like dirt if they make one mistake. Way to go Kelly Gasey.

Kelly Gasey?

it's supposed to be a game, and it's supposed to be fun

And when they start hiring coaches based on whose players have the most fun rather than whose win the most games....

Unfortunately, fans fill up the gyms to see their team win, not just to have fun. Society puts unreasonable expectations on players and coaches.

I remember hearing the story of when Insell's girls had won something like 105 games in a row....then they lost. When Coach Insell got home that night, there was a "FOR SALE" sign in his yard, put there by a disgruntled fan.

I remember growing up I had lots of fun but I also remember some times with my dad that were a long way from fun and at the time I had some strong feelings towards him that were not good. He was giving me discipline in the purest form. That is why I love the game, it is so similar to life. The most disciplined team will most often win. I think most of Coach Insell's former players now really apprreciate him for the discipline he instilled in them, just like I feel toward my dad now.

"but there is also a difference between dicipline and just being too serious. "

Well said, 8675309 Jenny.

You would just like to think that there could be some balance between "learning discipline and basketball" and "playing the GAME". His record says that he knows how to coach, many times as a coach matures they learn to make it fun...

Wild to think that signs go up in the front yard that quick!

Good luck!

Kelly Gassie has not played for Mt. Juliet since eigth grade. Mt. Juliet's point guard is Christian Gibson. She had 15 pts and six rebounds. :D