David Lipscomb vs. Goodpasture

stjohnnies

The cougars play Father Ryan and Montessori Academy their next two games. Lipscomb sent their "hatchet" man to take Daniels out of the game and it worked to perfection. Congrats to the Mustangs on a great game plan "HACK A SHAQ"

You have got to be kidding me Tman. I went to the game wanting to watch two rivals play some good ball and thats what I saw. You must not have been at the game or you where out getting popcorn. By no means did the Lipscomb player or the team for that matter go hack-a-shaq. I am very biased to both teams. Daniel totally lost his cool. The game was very clean and hard fought on both ends. I saw nothing to cheapen the game. The game was very exciting coming down to the last shot. It's sad when a team loses and there fan's make up excuses like this. Well Goodpasture lost, but played a great game. So pick yourself up and go win the next one. Don't make up stuff that didn't happen. You cheapen a well played game when fabricate nonsense like that.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with TrojanMan. Lipscomb did in fact send in their "hatchet man" to, let's say, "prod" Ryan. I played in this game and practice with Ryan everyday and he doesn't lose his cool unless he is provoked. Being on the floor while this was going on made it easy to see that this Lipscomb sub came into the game with one purpose. He didnt come in to score, to play defense, or to give someone a breather, I dont know if this was the coach's plan or not, but the Lipscomb player came into the game and began cussing at Ryan, pushing him, giving him cheap shots and INTENTIONALLY trying to get him out of his game. I'm not trying to justify Ryan's retaliation, but I witnessed this incident first hand, better than any fan could see it, and, in this situation, both players were guilty, although only one got caught. In fact, the referees, who blew calls most of the night, did call a personal foul on a Lipscomb player, but it was the wrong one! Ryan was blatantly shoved, held, pulled on, hit, and cussed at until he retaliated with a simple shove. Most people also dont know that he his seriously hearing impaired. It is very possible, in fact, this is probably what happened, that he did not hear the whistle, and that is why he continued to go after Lipscomb's "enforcer".

There was no reason for Lipscomb to try to get Daniel out of the game. This is an intense rivalry. Both teams have a tendency to get physical, which they did. I hated to see him get ejected, but the ref made that decision based upon what he saw from his view on the court.

Daniel had not been a factor in the game to that point, and I agree with BigA that Goodpasture seemed to play more focused after his ejection.

I imagine the next meeting to be intense once again.

• 2 weeks later...

The kid that hit the three with a man in his face is Mitchell Dever, a junior transfer from Greenbrier. And the "hatchet man" that came in to "get" Ryan Daniel did JUST THAT. K Hopkins says Daniel wasn't a factor up until that point...huh? He would have been. It happened early in the game and the ref's were TERRIBLE! Goodpasture is a "marked" team with ref's because they have 6-11 and 6-8 and Trent Craig and Raleigh McCool and Mitch Dever...the makings of a 'goot' team!

COACHHARD, I don't know who you are, but "the Dever boy" is doing just fine. He loves his new surroundings and they seem to like him. Guess what? He's starting "on a good team." Greenbrier didn't appreciate him or respect him, so he went to Goodpasture, which one of his Greenbrier coaches was overheard to say was "a joke." Well, the jokes on him. Mitch had 17 against College Heights and 12 against D.L. Everybody knows Ryan Daniel and Zack Frye will get most of the pub at Goodpasture, but the team concept is more important to him anyway...and possibly a State title. He likes his coaches, too. They teach you how to be successful, to appreciate playing and to act like a winner along with putting the team first. Novel idea, don't you think?

State Championship??? Are you kidding me. Let's not overreact here or anything, but don't you think you're going to far. Okay you can have some credit for beating good teams, but you are not state material. So just calm down and focus on your season and stop trying to bloat something you don't have. And as for Greenbrier, how about you lay off the guys. They're doing just fine without Dever, so looks like the deal turned out good for both. Dever got the spotlight, and Greenbrier can focus on a more team atmosphere.

Bogus. How could I be kidding you? I don't even know who you are. Good name, though. Why do you say deever got the "spotlight?" You're right about the "team." Coleman (a playa), Dorris, Greer (a playa), Adams and Young ain't nuthin but. (We'd like to play 'em, but eidson won't return phone calls.) Good guys, too. Good luck, 'cats! Bogus, see you at state...or...NOT! Why did the herndon's and stephens quit? Coaches? Haa! j/k Don't shoot too high, now, you might get there. Our goal's STATE, baby! What's yours?

Daniel wasn't an factor and he got tossed in the late 2nd quarter so he had plenty of time to make an impact. i just don't understand why a 6'11'' guy would be on the perimeter 80% of the time. Frey is more physical than Daniel and he's only a sophomore, i think that Daniel is a little overrated.

We'll see soon enough. Just because he's 6-11 doesn't mean he's GOT to be the post. Come on, use YOUR head. He's very athletic (something I KNOW you'd never under...... anyway...) Ryan was just recruited by UMass, Auburn and others. How 'bout you? Oh yeah, and he signed with UT-C. Jeff Lebo? Not too shabby. Good guy, too. You ought to get to know him sometime. Did you know he's deaf? Think about it! Take away one of your senses and, well, you probably wouldn't have any, Ha! Ha! Ha! j/k If he remains healthy, he'll be a FACTOR next time we play. Heck, he's a factor EVERYTIME we play now, come to think about it. 6-11 and 6-8! Nice to have 'em. Don't be jealous.