Knoxville Area Coaches

PLACALL

jjwsiv, didn't say I wasn't worried about CARTER did I? The honest truth is Gibbs needs a change and it's way overdue. I know several people that have graced the hallways of Gibbs and they all keep commenting how coach Carroll can't get the job done. What has he done since they moved Gibbs out of the cupcake conference in the beginning of the 90s?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton-Have they hired or even come to a top 3 yet?

South-Doyle- Will the new adminstration hire Coach Chandler, or not?

Gibbs- will not be seeking a new coach or it would have happened after the season was over. Unless the Administration has dropped the ball is holding out.

Heritage-New guy is gonna get a raise!  Good for Blount Co.

William Blount-New guy is gonna get a raise! Could be a sleeper school in 5A.  They are getting some athletes. If they can keep the players from moving to Maryville.

Jeff Co.-Rumors have been that Meadows is gonna leave again.  Why would he?

PLACALL,

Coach Meadows is staying at Jefferson County. End of rumor !

meadows applied at william blount today!

Strawplains

I don't know why he left!?!? and I don't care.

I just really tired of people slamming high school coaches on this board. Sometimes if people realized that there is more to the high school football experience and hopefully each player takes with him more than just winning and losing.

These coaches coach for the love of the game and love of working with young football players. If you want to slam a coach, slam a college or pro coach that makes an obscene amount of money, not a high school coach that probably does more in a football season than most people do in a year. I have more respect for any high school coach than any pro or college coach because he or she has to put up with people constantly criticizing their every move when I'm sure that most of these so called fans would not have the intestinal fortitude to complete even one year on the job.

Edited by jjwsiv

JJWSIV:

I would tend to agre that coaches coach for the love of the game, they are over worked and under paid, and they are critisized far to often for a teams lack of success. On the other hand I feel it is important for a coach to recognize when he is no longer effective, kids have lost interest, and the community is no longer supportive. If that is the case it may be time for the coach to move on. Sometime we have to swallow our pride and do what is in the best interest of everyone.

Coaching is only about half of the battle. The other half is having athletes. Something that Gibbs does not have is a mass amount of athletes. I would think that bad coaching comes from the top. A staff is at the mercy of the Head man. After 15 years of losing, it is long past time to step down. Carroll might be a good man, but he has overlooked the idea of a good leader, by stepping down when the winning did not happen for 15 years.

Strawplains- before I accept your opinion on "replacing" Carroll as serious, may I ask if you know something first hand about him that makes it necessary for him to be replaced? Or maybe you are "qualified" to speak on football matters in general. Would you please give us your "credentials". Otherwise, I think it is rather chicken---- to call for a man to resign.

what is this crap? now i had like four good posts on here bashing gibbs and carroll and now its all gone. this board is ridiculous. you just delete posts in the middle of a thread as if they aren't there? now there is no continuity whatsoever. well it could be worse. i could be a football player for gibbs.

PLACALL

If Gibbs has no athletes how do they compete so well in baseball and now in basketball? For the most part the "athletes" at Gibbs simply do not see the need nor do they want to play for the current football staff.

At one time and in the weaker district the current staff was effective but not now.